It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verizon and Google to control Internet content

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hi all I was just forward this email and thought you all would be interested in this deal going on between Verizon and Google:

Hello:

Hi -- this is Jason Rosenbaum, a new campaigner at the PCCC. I've got some urgent news.

Google, who's corporate motto is "Don't be evil," is about to do something really, awfully evil: kill Net Neutrality, the First Amendment of the Internet.

As reported on the front page of the New York Times, they're in secret talks with Verizon "to speed some online content to Internet users more quickly if the content's creators are willing to pay for the privilege."

In other words, FOX's website and online videos could work fast while independent news sites, blogs, and even our website could be left in the dust. The Internet's level playing field would be over.

Click here to stand up for a free and open Internet and sign an open letter that we'll deliver to Google's DC headquarters next week.

The more people who sign by next week's delivery, the more pressure Google will feel -- so please pass this email to friends.

Many groups that organize over the Internet are joining together to save the Internet. This includes the PCCC, Free Press, MoveOn, CREDO, and Color of Change.

Google is expected decide on a deal with Verizon next week -- and now is the moment to tell Google: Don't be evil.

This deal would change the Internet as we know it. The fact that the Internet is free and open is what's made it the most groundbreaking technology of our generation. Letting corporate gatekeepers decide what you can consume on your own Internet connection - whether it be your home, your office or your cell phone - is just plain wrong.

Click here to sign the open letter to Google and stand up loud and proud for the free and open Internet.

Along with this letter, we're launching an ad campaign targeting Google, so they know people all over the country are watching this deal.

We need you to stand with us and tell Google to stop being evil.

Click here to sign the letter to Google.
(act.boldprogressives.org...)

Thanks for being a bold progressive,

Jason Rosenbaum and the PCCC team

This is going to far!

Edit: Fixed link

[edit on 8/7/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
is this the letter that only us citizens can sign? couse if its the same petition im getting fed up and ill just stop carying and let google win. im an european what am i suppose to just stand there and go on writing on blogs?
arent i good enough to sign a petition if im not an us citizen?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The link to the petition letter doesn't work. They must have interfered somehow. Please post if a new link is formed.

Thank you kindly.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
its mostly ats screwing the links,with all that html handling...guh

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is an Internet censorship deal at work behind the scenes, and the corporate elite owned MSM does not bother covering this segment.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
well i shouldnt be surprised,so they wanna play hard ha?
dont worry ill call the yes man tomorow,well see about that

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here is a link to the letter:
act.boldprogressives.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Google has been on this from the start. Without google, the internet would be bland. A directory-less internet = Uhhhh lets guess websites.

new topics

top topics

join