It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Babies get automatic U.S. citizenship.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
According to this story..it's true..

And only 35'000$ ..

and medical included..

our country is cracking up..good grief..

Among the promotions offered by New York City's upscale Marmara Manhattan hotel is a "birth tourism" package exploiting the U.S. Constitution's 14th Amendment. For about $35,000, a foreign expectant mother with a visa can spend her delivery week in luxury accommodations (including medical care) -- and assure her baby automatic U.S. citizenship. (That child could then become an "anchor," subsequently making it easier for the parents to acquire "green cards.") Also, The Washington Post reported in July that three agencies in China, with U.S. affiliates, offer similar packages to their affluent citizens, whose primary concern seems to be providing their children access to a U.S. education as an alternative to China's expensive, competitive system. (Historians agree that the purpose of the "citizenship right" in the 14th Amendment, ratified in 1868, was to recognize former slaves as citizens.) [Breaking Travel News (London), 6-10-10; Washington Post, 7-18-10] TextText

source

[edit on 7-8-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There is absolutely nothing new or changed about this. This has been one of the huge issues with illegal immigration for quite some time now...30 years or more. They call them anchor babies now.

However, it's something that's been law for even longer than that but was never an issue until we started having such huge influxes of illegal immigrants.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/7/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thanks for the info...

First time i have heard of this going on..

no wonder we have so many problems...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hahaha, well the jokes on them.

Why would any sane person want to be a US Citizen at this point?

I rest my case.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Hahaha, well the jokes on them.

Why would any sane person want to be a US Citizen at this point?

I rest my case.

They will try to search you when you leave to prevent anyone from carrying gold or cash out. Now there are limits on international money transfers.

You can leave the US, but your money stays here.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

good point MF..

why waste your time anymore..

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Maybe the U.S should build a giant razorwire fence around the whole country not to keep people out but to keep the rest of the world safe.,Imagine the nerve of some people trying to give their baby a chance to become the next president.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
if a foreign invader leeches of a village they are ran out, INCLUDING THEIR FAMILY, ANY KIDS THEY HAVE, EVERYONE!!!

people it is simple!!!

when "vikings" pillaged my scotish ancestors they were within their rights to kill the invaders for taking their toils and troubles (wages and benefits).. it is simple theft of what OUR ancestors have lived and died building!! not theirs.. take the "nation built on immigrants" and ......blow it out your inverted anus liberals!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

YOU SOUND LIKE AN ANCHOR BABY!!

you're the kind of douche vulture that has ruined our nation!!

when was it ok to take what you didn't earn.. you

I bet you think it is okay if a bunch of immigrants pick through your assets when you die instead of passing on what you worked for to your children??

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Its ok I dont live anywhere near your country although i would like to visit one day.And i am not an anchor and dont call me baby,i find it slightly gay.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Let's see if we can add some education to this thread

Let's assume 2 immigrants have a baby in the US. So the baby is recognized as an American.

Now the article says that people do it because it easier for parents to get green cards.

Yet, nobody has bother to show how that makes it easier. I will show you the process and let you decide how easy it is.

So let's begin with first the parents will have to wait till the child is 21 years old.

U.S. citizens must be age 21 or older to file petitions for siblings or parents. There is no minimum age for a sponsor to file petitions for all other categories of family based immigrant visas. However, you must be 18 years of age and have a residence (domicile) in the U.S. before you can sign the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864 or I-864-EZ. This form is required for an immigrant visa for spouses and other relatives of U.S. sponsors.

So far, the parent has to wait 21 years.

Then immigration fees have to paid, need a medical examination and updated on vaccinations, have to go before an interview.

Of course, all of this takes more time.

Many approved immigrant petitions take additional time because they are in numerically limited categories. The length of time varies from case to case according to its circumstances, and cannot be predicted for individual cases with any accuracy. Some cases are delayed because the applicants do not follow instructions carefully. Sometimes the petitioner cannot meet Affidavit of Support requirements. Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer.

And of course, none of this is a guarantee.

Certain conditions and activities may make you, the applicant, ineligible for a visa.

Furthermore, after a wait of about 25 years or more the parents may have died, changed their mind about coming to the US, or just get frustrated with the system among other possible reasons.

Here is the source for the quotes above with all the requirements for bring relatives to the US.

travel.state.gov...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
ouch that doesn't sound fun at all.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

nice reply my man..

thanks for your time on that..

you did a good job showing most of us how it really works..!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Anchor babies have been one of the main methods of foreign parental immigration when it seems nothing else would work. It's problematic but once we are the North American Union it wont matter much

top topics

join