It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ranchers Capture “Fanged, Hairy Humanoid”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Over on Scott Corrales' blog, Inexplicata, he's posted an account of ranchers shooting and killing a legendary critter. It's known in the area of Argentina as an Ucamar Zupai.

It's described by Cryptomundo as...

There are a lot of people around the province of Salta, Argentina who are annoyed that they are not being taken seriously when they say they are having real problems with a biped known as the Ucumar. You could call the Ucumar the Andean version of sasquatch or an Andean Yeti.

Aside from Argentina this beast has been reported in other countries in the Andean Range including, Bolivia, Peru and Chile. It is also known as the Ukamar-zupai and ranges in colour from reddish-brown to black. Its footprints are positively huge at 17 inches in length. No bear on this planet leaves tracks that size.
Cryptomundo: Ucumar Zapai

This one's meant to be a baby of the Zupai...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9f334095e2e.jpg[/atsimg]

Two ranchers in the vicinity of Cerro El Creston, some 40 kilometers west of San Jose de Metan, hunted down a strange creature of humanoid appearance, but with unusually large and sharp incisors. The similarity between this specimen and local tales of the mythic “Ucumar” – the manlike figure covered in short black hair – has renewed the debate in Salta over the existence of the local “yeti”.
Inexplicata

What is it? Looks like a monkey with a vicious overbite. Capuchin or baby critter?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't pretend to be a zoologist or even an expert in the field of cryptozoology, but what the man there is holding appears to be a poorly-preserved head of a spider monkey, fairly common in south and central america from what I understand.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
An "accidental shooting huh?" Guess they should be glad the Mama wasn't around. Or was she but got scared? I can't believe if this thing was a baby that got shot, there was no sign of the mother, unless the baby was abandoned. It does look like a monkey head.
Here's a link to the testimony:
naturalplane.blogspot.com...

So the hunter had it hangin upside down in his house then disposed of the body in fear of retaliation from the mother. Yet he kept the head? Why were there no pics of the body? Surely such a find would warrant some snapshots.

Not sure what to make of this one....

Peace

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Marcelo Choque, a forensic veterinarian for the Provincial Police under the Environmental Division of the service, was startled to see the photographs of the strange specimen’s skull, shot by a rancher in the heights of Cerro El Creston in Metán. “I never saw anything like it. It’s clearly an anthropomorphic figure, but I can’t tell you the species. And I could much less explain the exaggerated size of its incisors, which give it a monstrous appearance.”

Very interesting indeed, I am going to check the entire article out when I have a bit more time tonight.

Thank OP star +flag

[edit on 7-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wow Kandi are you hurt'in for thread material or what?
I noticed it was your avatar when I finished reading the thread I had to look at it again.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wow Kandi are you hurt'in for thread material or what? I noticed it was your avatar when I finished reading the thread I had to look at it again

That just hurts Randy. I'm putting out a thread with no opinion either way, just showing interest. I'm truly saddened by your abject abdication of an appropriate and advantageous response to the thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hey Kandi you know, I was going easy on you. If you want maybe I can fix you up with something. They have these cone head skulls down in Peru
I think the world should know about!

FnS

[edit on 7-8-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Really looks like a spider monkey to me, a baby one at that.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Kandinsky, you are one of the best posters on ATS. Everything you write is just a highlight to my day and I apologise for my inappropriate ineptitude on your wonderful and neutral thread.

I caught this before you edited your post.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Yeah, it's probably a monkey. I had a look around before posting.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
it looks like some ranchers decided to take a picture of the monkey they ate before they finished it... yes a vampire monkey from space with barbs at the end of it's tail and it can breathe fire and instantly clone itself in roadhouse3 revenge of extra crispy monkey on a stick

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Interesting - So they captured an Orc and decapitated him huh? I had no idea that Orcs existed

All kidding aside, that to me looks like the head of a Spider Monkey.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
After all this talk about spider monkeys I had to type it into google images and this picture might look like a monkey, but definatly not like a spider monkey.

edit: type "spider monkey teeth" in google images. The teeth definatly do not match.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by fedeykin]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
as to the preserved head being that of a 'baby' SA yeti...

those sure look like adult fangs on the image,
not quite sure how that 'baby' would nurse on its mother

also those glazed eyes, eerie...

the whole thing has the look of a taxidermists' creation...
like those quizzical Jack-o-lopes (rabbits with antlers)

thanks for the heads up of pop culture curiosity

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This head kind of reminds me of those gummy toys.
The ones you squeeze and their eye pop out.

Otherwise, I'd go with St Udio's theory about taxidermist's creation.
Maybe they didn't have enough tourists in the region and figured that dead baby Ucumar may help the business.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Corrales has posted a retraction of his earlier blog that I linked in the OP.

We regret to inform INEXPLICATA readers that the carcass of the alleged Ucumar Zupai shot in the heights of El Crestón may prove to be an out-of-place ape and not the legendary creature. However, we congratulate Salta law enforcement for taking the matter seriously and for setting out into the wilderness with alacrity.
Argentina: Disappointment - Not An Ucumar Zupai

One of the reasons I like the Inexplicata blog is Corrales' curiosity about the accounts of 'high strangeness.' He'll post something that looks interesting and add the details as he knows them. As this incidence shows, he can be quick to admit mistakes. Not a lot of other sites on the subject would be as honest. He's a good guy.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Looks like something prehistoric. Another poster thought it might be a spider monkey. Perhaps but the fangs seem to be too big. Interresting find. S&F

new topics

top topics

join