It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiters Moons: 52 and Counting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Jupiter, the largest planet in the solar system, has at least 52 moons, according to astronomers who recently discovered another 12 satellites.

www.theglobeandmail.com... Story/LAC/20030311/JUPITER/Science/Idx

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That school is a pawn to the system of supression. That supression comes in the form of lies and deceptions to the public to keep them ignorant to the truths. NASA is a fraud. Does anyone really believe in the Ice Age anymore? It is proven incorrect. So is the existance of other life forms. Yet they dispute any contact with aliens. What a lie.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is a great time to be alive. I believe that within the next few years, we will have evidence made public that there is life outside of our planet. Jupiter is a fine example, because the planet itself is inhabitable- so that leaves the moons open to more possibilities.. particularly Europa!

Yes, suppression & misinformation are both used to conceal the truth from the public. You have to understand that a large portion of the world's population is still extremely religious, and many more of them are easily frightened. As an example, look at Orson Wells' 'War of the Worlds' radio broadcast. It instilled a mass paranoia and people actually believed that they were listening to reality. Folks were frenzied, and it was just a radio program.

Are our world's religions ready to address the truth? Is our world's population ready to accept the truth? I hope the answer is "YES" to both questions.

I've read of a joint human-alien base at Dulce, New Mexico. I've read of human-alien exchange programs occurring at Holoman Air Force Base in the 60's. The crash at Roswell in July, 1947 is at this point indisputable. The government keeps changing their story, making anything they produce even more unbelievable than simply admitting that it involved alien life. Alien involvement in the Roswell incident is actually the most logical conclusion after looking at all of the evidence. The fact that WE know that all of this is going on is significant. What do we really want? We want our government to be honest with us.

Of course, with all of the war & conflict in the world, its not as if they will announce "They are here" and suddenly everyone will want to be friends. To the contrary, can you imagine how many different factions will attempt to steal the alien technology that our government is currently hiding? So, I do think it is a matter of national security (although I am pissed that they continue to hide it and lie to us, it is the principle of it all).

I guess my point is that there are some valid reasons for them to continue to hide it, even though most of those reasons could have been avoided if they simply revealed the truth from the beginning. I believe that our public has been psychologically conditioned (since the 50's) to accept the notion of alien life, and I further believe that this conditioning will continue.

I expect to see further developments coming from NASA with regard to Mars and Jupiter's moons. We are likely to be told that they have discovered microscopic life forms. I seriously doubt they will first show us pictures of underwater aliens from Europa, it will just be too shocking for too many people. They need to take "baby steps" so to speak.

Yes, this all pisses me off and I wish they would just put it all out on the table!

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think your right about the conditioning, and it seems to have increased in the last couple of years, which can only be a good thing!

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Jupiter itself is not inhabitable. It contains almost no oxygen, no free water, most of its surface is Hydrogen and Amonia, and there is too much atmospheric activity.

Life even if it had the building blocks would be at risk of being destroyed nearly instantaneously by high winds, massive shifts in pressure and mile wide lightning bolts.

It's highly unlikely Jupiter itself would ever have even a protien form. But Europa, is most likely a habitable world under its ice.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hey there, you know what always strikes me about debates about ET life: the fact that everyone assumes life has to be comprised of a system we understand like photosynthesis or...oh I don't know - whatever we're relying on here - the sun ultimately.

I saw this programme on TV about an underground cave people discovered on Earth which had been completely sealed off from the sun over a period of time. Although the animals they found were like strange versions of insects with which we're familiar - they'd developed an alternative form of producing food that didn't rely on the sun - it was something to do with sulpher and carbon monoxide. And these weren't water based lifeforms either.

So anyway, I just think that life out there need not rely on the Earthly things we've come to associate with organic matter - I think there could be a myriad of different food systems that we just haven't discovered yet. But do you guys really think we've been in touch with them yet? I hope so! It's getting kind of lonely round here.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ever seen the movie: 2010: The Year We Make Contact?

That sorta blew my mind, the monolith trips me out.

and 2001 is a classic

Open the podbay door HAL!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Also I played this video game a long time ago ( i know i know it's a video game, but whats wrong with a little imagination?) StarControl II, anyways there was 1 planet that had a life form inside a gas giant, however they could not leave the planet or they'd die. I found it rather interesting.

As for Europa I believe there very well could be life under the ice, I would think deeper you went the warmer the water gets, just like here on earth with those vents jetting out hot water, hot enough to melt steel, yet those tube worms thrive down there.

If only we would put more funding into our space program

I'd love to be able to leave this rock!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
btw do you think there could be silicon based life-forms out there?

After all the universe is vast, and that is an understatement.

top topics

join