It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to Sue or to Poo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
It is this sort of thing that creates Resentment and Hate.
No matter who, what race or religion, when someone tries to change everyone else to suit his preferences he gathers enemies.

If anyone is offended by our ways then why do they come here?
We need a new law - You will adapt or leave willingly or unwillingly.

I agree 100%. People that relocate to a region with different cultures than theirs, and then demand that said region\culture bend over backwards to accommodate their every whim should just pack up and go RIGHT the f*** back to where they came from.

I hope the jerk's lawsuit lands before a judge\magistrate who has the common sense and balls to tell the guy to take a flying f***. Or...tell the moron:
"YOU pay the building contractors and plumbers to have your special loo installed, and we'll be happy to accommodate you."

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I thought I'd lighten the mood (and stay on topic) with a 'crappy' old poem:

In days of old, when knights were bold,
And toilets not invented,
They left their loads upon the roads,
And walked away contented.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Anyone employing a large number of Muslims is asking for trouble. The should fire those barbarians.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thank you Davespanners....ATS does have solutions...

why not poo the way we do...

well it seems there is no need to sue...if you bring your own personalised equipment to work.

THE SOLUTION

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a34c7b62c7ad.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c6b1d68ccaa.jpg[/atsimg]

NO need to sue when you can just poo

life is good.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Can't they just provide those paper seat single use covers for those folks who don't want to sit on a toilet seat used by others?

Would seem to be a simple solution if they can't learn to squat on a western toilet.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Can't they just provide those paper seat single use covers for those folks who don't want to sit on a toilet seat used by others?

Would seem to be a simple solution if they can't learn to squat on a western toilet.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dietsamcola
Anyone employing a large number of Muslims is asking for trouble. The should fire those barbarians.

Wow - no bigotry here.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

I'm from Preston originally and although I love the place dearly, the whole town ( now a city ) is a toilet. The bus station having the worst WC's outside of Trainspotting.

On topic, if this plonker is falling off the loo because he's not using it correctly, it's his own bloody lookout.

Expect to see new stickers in the throne rooms explaining the correct procedure and the accompanying graffiti with the usual Lancastrian wit and all the subtlety of a bag of blue circle cement.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Why the west continues to bow down to every culture in the world and fails to stick up for its own boggles the mind. Bet they get a muslim crapper.

Originally posted by plube
I was in work today and there was a problem

It is a goverment building and there is a fair number of Muslims that work in the building.

It is in Preston,England
I Am from Canada
Now there is a Muslim Employee taking the building managment to court.
They are sueing cause they are falling off the loo when they Poo.
the reason being cause they are squatting when they Poo.

now this is a Muslim Loo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13d3af7cbb96.jpg[/atsimg]

now do we allow squatters rights.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c9741e24cc0.jpg[/atsimg]

can they not learn to sit

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0ce694cf232.jpg[/atsimg]

This thread is not to be racsist in any way...it is about common sense.
I have traveled and lived in many places in the world.
including all over the middle east..and i have learned to use their facilities without injury,i have learned to cope.
Now if this case wins it will be a disgrace,cause someone cannot learn to Poo in a Loo.

why should they not be able to learn the ways of the natives and why should we bend over to theirs.

so stand up for sitting down.

don't become forced to be a squatter.

There are no squatters rights.

To Sue Or To Poo,
That is truely the question.

[edit on 013131p://f31Saturday by plube]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Lets not get down on all Muslims cause one guy is being led down this road for his own self satisfaction or personal Martyrdom.

this is not about Muslims...this is about cultural differences.

it is about being in a tolerant country that is being over run due to it's own generosity.

It is showing how if you give an inch people take a mile.

I just hope that the outcome will show that is not the case and it gets thrown out of court.

if it forces the goverment to install squatters loo's then shame on the leadership of this country, and a complete step backwards for western society.

one thing i would like to know is...do westerners suffer from a higher rate of bowel troubles from standard sitting loo's

but still i prefer to sit on a loo as reading a magazine is soooo much easier

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

I'm afraid that this is an experience for me, folks. Won't say its crappy, but rather different. Any religion that governs the very way you eliminate your personal wastes is neurotic, to say the least. Buy the chap a package of butt-plugs and have done with it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I once worked at a body shop where the toilet would back up during a rain storm....so if you had to go to the bathroom you either held it or went outside next to a junk car...it was horrible....so my story is sitting or squating....I had to poo so bad one day while working at this place...I was really busy and didn't have time to drive to the gas station a couple miles down the road...so i grabbed a roll of toilet paper and a plastic bag to put the paper in.....I squated next to a junk car and a huge long terd came out and fell right over acrost my shoe.....talk about grose...its a funny story to tell but at the time it was a serious problem....I would have to believe if you squat and run the risk of a big terd falling on your foot you should prob sit down on the toilet like everybody else in that country...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PPGrocks

That was a really funny story! I appreciate your honesty!

IRM

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Oh man, I seriously would suggest standing on a toilet seat in bare feet like the picture in the OP display's haha

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
You know what? This is getting out of hand! It's hilarious! Hello! It's 2010. The old rules do NOT apply in this century. It's America, too!

There are steps to avoid contamination. Get real! But I like the idea of washing with water as long as the temperature is close to hot, which is quite disinfecting. Now if you want clean, they can use soap, too.

But to sue for slipping? I don't know about that. Maybe they really got injured. You'd have to install cameras just to make sure they were taking precautionary steps to avoid falling behind.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
To sue is rediculous, if you stand on a toilet and slip its your own fault.

So what do the disabled toilets look like in these countries with squat toilets? Do they have some kind of hoist next to the loo or something?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jewels2007

You know jewels that is such a good question...but having travel to places that have these facilities ...many of then dont provide anything for their indigenous disabled locals...Cept maybe a coutrie similar to Japan or some European nations.

but that said being from Canada and going out in the woods lots havn't seen to much in the line of disabled pit toilets.

brings a thought to mind...if you sqaut one one of those...ewwwww

THE flies The flies.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm from middle east, so I can tell you, I don't recall any Muslims needing the loo to be a hole in the ground. Now most if not all toilets back home are like the ones you have shown..... the concern with the religion is not HOW you poop, but HOW you clean yourself.

For instance, the problem is not what shape or type of toilet you have, it's the fact there needs to be a hose, or some sort of water to clean your bum with after pooping (which is a better practice then keep on wasting toilet paper and not really clean, just rub the stuff around)! From my understanding, it's the cleaning of the area that matters, not how your perform your pooping!
\

Don't forget though, people sue for the stupidest things in the world, this is not the most stupidest... recall the old lady that sued Mcdonallad for millions for having a Hot coffee.... it's COFFEE... it's going to be made with HOT WATER

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Thank for that post m8

and your right people do sue for the strangest of reasons...also i know it is about the cleaning....but also it is strange since allah was crapping in the desert...plus i posted earlier about the other problem on the site of how after using the facilities they are washing their feet in the sink...so i would have to tend to agree with you on that count.

appreciate your views....

keep up the extended viewpoints.

i am learning more from this post than i would have ever expected.

cheers

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
I was in work today and there was a problem

It is a goverment building and there is a fair number of Muslims that work in the building.

It is in Preston,England
I Am from Canada
Now there is a Muslim Employee taking the building managment to court.
They are sueing cause they are falling off the loo when they Poo.
the reason being cause they are squatting when they Poo.

I saw this thread earlier, so I asked one of my Muslim friends about it. He thinks I'm making it up, because he's completely unfamiliar with any Muslims having problems using Western toilets (he's originally from Mauritania). And, yes, he's an observing Muslim & his diet is strictly halal.

Hey, one unsourced anecdotal story deserves another.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join