It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to Sue or to Poo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
A soltution would be to have Male toilets, Female toilets and Muslim toilets

Everyone happy but of course some would say it's racist as segregates Muslims from everyone else, however it's always the Muslims who refuse to integrate themselves into society

Just how difficult is it for them to squat over a UK toilet ? You'd think they'd be experts in the art of squatting and it wouldn't be an issue!

I'm curious though like another poster asked, where the hell is the toilet paper ?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Anyway, this is such a non-issue. I couldn't ever see this happening, a "toilet revision" in the United States or abroad.

Then you haven't been paying attention: The US government recently legislated that all newly-manufatured toilets will have smaller water-tanks, to cut down on the "waste of water." Irregardless of the fact that the original engineers already figured out that the 5-gallon tank is what is needed to be certain of getting all of the waste out cleanly. By making the tank smaller, it fairly ensures that even more water goes to waste by multiple flushings.

Of course, they're not requiring that current toilets have to be ripped out & replaced...Only for new building construction & to replace older toilets that have to be removed for other reasons.

Wow, this topic sure seems to be going "down the drain," doesn't it?

[edit on 7-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You mean that they couldn't figure out the process of high altitude toilet bombing? The mid-air hover? Or in cases of intestinal distress the Saturn V rocket launch?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There`s a simple solution for those who desire the natural aspects of squatting. Alan on Two & a Half Men (ok ya you guys I know but its one of my guilty pleasures and I usually catch the reruns so its not like im devoted to it every week. a little over defensive? ya i think so it must be the atmosphere in this "room"...) brings up the idea of using a sort of a stool under your feet so then you could kinda be in the squatting position while still resting your bum on the seat. So this will solve the problem for those wishing to reap the health benefits if there are any. Of course, it won`t solve the problem for a person who believes it is their sacred duty to conquer the world and eradicate all other beliefs. I don`t think anything will solve any problems for this type of person. Even if they succeed in converting the entire world to Islam, that still won`t be good enough because then they will feel the need to eradicate all other "forms" or "tribes" or Islam that differ from their own. And so on... Perhaps there are Muslims who do not prescribe to the whole "world domination" thing and who look at religion in a way not eerily similar to a scheming,mad scientist. But unless they speak up and denounce this foolishness then it`s a little hard to feel sorry for `em. As they say, silence is equal to complicity. I hope this guy feels proud if he wins and more innocent muslims in america end up getting chased down and beaten with sticks and stones by the fedup and already rascist as it is citizens. While he`s at work squatting away, his own people will suffer. But at least he did not offend Muhammed, right? Because we all know that the spirit of Allah is right there with Muhammed everytime we take a crap, watching you, measuring the angle of your knees and hip with a protractor to make sure you are squatting the right way. ARE THERE (srry caps) any other religions with actual rules on taking a dump? Cause if not, I`d like to designate Allah As the God of... aww nevermind, I`ve had enough ignorant humor at the expense of other people`s beliefs for one post. but now that I`m armed with this new info, I just hope I hear someone talking about Islam and I hear them say "Man, they probly even got restrictions on how you can take a crap!" hee hee wont I sound clever?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

I read this thread about pooped my pants.

Being the nature of this topic stinks like a dirty diaper I thought a bit.

And I wrote this poem.

Original by SKL

Ode to Sir Poopy Pants :

There once was a man who had to poo,

but forgot where exactly was the loo,

when he found the loo he could not poo,

so he did decide to contact the A.C.L.U. to sue.

Sue to poo on a loo too few?

No no, this stinks, me thinks koo-koo-ca-chu.

Now, do not get me wrong, I certainly understand, discrimination against one's practices sure is wrong, and it rubs me the wrong way, but this is 21st Century.

If you do not know how to use a toilet here maybe you're just not bright enough to be in the city.

I mean come on.

If you're going to sue because of poo where exactly is the limit?

I can understand if it were for a handicapped stall.

I could understand if it were for a plump person who could not fit.

But this is just ridiculous if you ask me.

Ladies and Gentleman, I think we have the next upcoming recipient of the Darwin Awards.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

I think you are very wrong. A massive part of the problem in society these days is caused by this inability/refusal to adapt to a culture of whatever country you move to.
You mention it is immature to laugh at this also? I think you are misunderstanding people are not laughing at how muslims poo, rather the absurdity of being able to go and reside in a different culture then expect to impose your own religion/lifestyle on this new place -it does not work the other way. Picture scene, young woman goes to an islamic country, turns up at beach in skimpy bikini ,then gets arrested and fined, deported, etc? How far would she get in a legal case for not being allowed to wear her western clothing wear it does not meet their cultural requirements - the answer is NOWHERE, not one chance of success, yet others expect to achieve that kind of success here in the UK which is so infuriating.

As has been said before when we go to other countries we would not expect them to fit toilet seats to accomodate our method - just live with the method used in the place you are!?

As others have, I recall a story where my father working on a building site early 1980's - had an Asian worker trying to "sue" the employer for insisting he should not have to wear a hard hat as his turban could not be removed. Thankfully the outcome was the judge advised he needed to obey health and safety laws and was told he either wears the required equipment or does not work on the site. Common sense prevailed, as opposed to the PC brigade nowadays where they would probably win as it would be deemed offensive to not bow to the demand for fear of being considered racist. Racism is very different from expecting people to adjust to the culture of the country they decide to reside in- the choice is always there to go elsewhere if they cannot adjust, perhaps another muslim country? Or would they miss the freedoms in place in this country they constantly moan about?
Slightly deviated from topic, but feel this point is indicative of a wide issue with a country's dominant culture being eroded by other cultures? The UK feels very much like this? How are other "western" countries like US/Canada/Australia with regards to this point?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
reply to post by mattifikation

Listen you maggot! The only reason your cult is sounding off is the economic power the Middle Eastern Nations have accquired. We of the West have allowed this to happen because of our greed for light crude which the Bristish discovered in your barren waste lands.
We the people of the Christian faith are being pushed by your kind and believe it or not a rebbelion is brewing that will squash your cult of death. Your beliefs and customs are a deterent to the growth of mankind and will be stopped.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by flycatch]

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize conversing with you meant being called childish names, being told to shove things in orifices of my body, being threatened by violence (over the Internet, no less,) or listening to a bunch of xenophobic mouthspew with no point at all besides spouting sheer, prejudicial hatred against other people. Had I known, I wouldn't have bothered. Maybe ATS isn't the place for you? We tend not to do things that way here.

I'm not a Muslim, by the way. Nor am I a Christian - which, I might add, has a history of violence and death that makes Islam look like a sleeping kitten. Guess again, smarty.

To others who've responded to me: I see where you're coming from and I get your points, it just appears that all the potty humor is, to me, an unnecessary thing to add in to the conversation if you wish your actual points to be taken seriously by others.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by mattifikation]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Britain is finished.

I live in Britain. I am not British.

I feel shame for Anglo-Saxons bending over to every muslim.

I feel ashamed for muslims being so rude and nasty to locals.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a couple of points :

1 - it is perfectly possible to " squat " astride a western toilet - with both feet on the floor ( try it if you want ) but woreks - i use public conveniences this way - as i too refuse to sit on an unknown toilet

2 western toilets are NOT designed to be stood on some modern designs have very thin rims

that said - i actualy prefer asian style toilets , but like i say - moslems can easily squat safley astride a western toilet if they try too

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

Dear plube

Call me what you like, a raciest I do not care.

If we go to there country we have to follow the status quo so if this so and so doesn’t like it where he is tell him to get the **** out of there and ******* go home to the poo hole he came from.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by MAC269]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
What next?

Dailymail

Blind passengers are being ordered off buses or refused taxi rides because Muslim drivers or passengers object to their 'unclean' guide dogs.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Well good morning good people....
I see many people get the point of the thread as it is about adapting to the culture your in.
It is about not forcing beliefs of others upon another at their expense and against the majorities will.
I see there is a particular person screaming rascist at others in a very agressive way...People are not being racist and some have even taken the time tell others the benifits of Squatters rights...and the Architecture Story was very well put.
Also people are getting a laugh out of it through sheer disbelief that this is in fact occuring and proceeding.
i am a foriegner in a foreign country and i had to get used to not having hashbrowns with my breakfast in a cafe, but ,i still choose to have them at home.
now to have a toilet facility of evey different country put into toilets would be a bit ridiculous.
as there are different toilets in many counties .
now like a say i have been in hotels in many countries and get used to the facilities there.
personally i find squating a bit unhygenic as i am from canada and have squatted in the woods on many ocasions and controlling your poo goo directional requirements can be a tricky business
I also understand not wanting to use public toilets but there are things one can do to make them a little cleaner before one Poops.
now toilets here and in the states and canada...they are not made to be stood on...the floor plate loosens and eventually the toilet does give way so it does become a health and saftey issue.
and yes straddling the toilet as many a fine lady does on a pub night out does work well too.
The whole point once again is about adapting....and also i see many individuals did not understand how systems might even work in others countries and now know what to expect if and when they go abroad.
I am thanking everyone for their posts
and i loved the poems and the Dr. Suess reference.

So little sally loo poo
did not know what to doo doo
so she called poopy poo pops on top
to hold her flabberblaster croc flops.
while she squatted over over the poopooperpodplop
when she was done she said.
"Oh poopy poo pops...i am so glad it has all stopped"

"Just learn to adapt to the loo...there really is no need to sue"

[edit on 033131p://f46Sunday by plube]

[edit on 053131p://f23Sunday by plube]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

Simple - you don't like pooing where you are? Go back home.

People who go to Muslim countries adapt and so should Muslims.

As for sueing - forget it!

I am tired of all these one-way scenarios.

Middle eastern countries make no concessions to westerners.

And neither should western countries make concessions to easterners.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It's an absolute joke.

The next time a westerner is arrested in an islamic state for breaking some rule, say wearing a bikini, they should be able to sue for not having things bent out of shape to suit them.

Meh, it's already too late... we're done.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I don't see why he's kicking up a stink...

This is sheer loo-nacy, we shouldn't have to take this guys s**t...

I hope they don't build muslim loo's - this country'd go to the pits...

LOL I could go on... S&F for this

[edit on 8-8-2010 by rufusthestuntbum]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
man some responses in this thread are down right outrageous...Allah took a loo in the dessert? really how idiotic does that sound. Theres no recollection of Islam telling Muslims how to take a loo people...what you think all of the other Muslims who aren't suing in court and squatting in their toilets...its ridiculous, Muslims can take a number 2 however they like..theres no restriction in their religion for that, thats all stupid propaganda and lies...seriously if you're a Muslims and you dont like to squat then its allright...some disinfo around here

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by shayanmh

Not sure about the dis-info....but the case is proceeding forward...
the man injured himself squatting on the loo.

it is not about the muslims and the faith...it is about loo behavior.

Yes western loos are different than eastern loos... FACT!!!

yes this man is sueing because of this...FACT!!!!

yes they want the loo's changed in this building to suit their needs...FACT!!!!

the whole point of the thread is about adapting to existing conditions.

Yes some of it goes into deeper muslim beliefs....but other then that the point is still...Learn to poo in loo of the country you are in.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I heard about something similar to this and the first question i thought of was do they have this type of toilet at home. I have never heard of or have seen one in a UK home?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
now this is a Muslim Loo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13d3af7cbb96.jpg[/atsimg]

You are a liar, why? Because that is not a Muslim toilet. You took this picture from

Going to Beijing this summer?
This toilet was build in a stadium in Beijing for Olympics as mentioned in the article. Please tell me where in the article it says it's a Muslim toilet? Last I knew the Beijing government had put no notice outside the stadium proclaiming the toilet was for use for Muslims. So you started your thread with a hoax...a lie!

now do we allow squatters rights. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c9741e24cc0.jpg[/atsimg]
can they not learn to sit

Anyone who has ever visited any part of Asia knows that the sitting toilet is more prevailant in Asia. Your assumption is incorrect that only Muslims or anyone from particular religion uses that kind of toilet. It has nothing to do with an culture but more of a regional thing. For example here is a picture from Vietnam

From India (which is a Hindu country)

From Japan

I think I have proved my point.

This thread is not to be racsist in any way

If it's not racist why did you mention specifically Muslims and tried to wrongly portray a Asian toilet specifically to Muslims? No need to answer that, it's all clear.

...it is about common sense. I have traveled and lived in many places in the world. including all over the middle east..and i have learned to use their facilities without injury,i have learned to cope.

I doubt that since you started your thread with a lie. This coming from a person who actually has visited Asia and know in public places there is usually two types of toilets available one squatting toilet and one "western toilet" for people to use whichever they prefer keeping in mind that tourists like to use westernised toilets.

Now if this case wins it will be a disgrace,cause someone cannot learn to Poo in a Loo. why should they not be able to learn the ways of the natives and why should we bend over to theirs. so stand up for sitting down.
don't become forced to be a squatter. There are no squatters rights. To Sue Or To Poo, That is truely the question.

If the facility is already provided in workplace and is in shambles it's the right of anyone using that facility demand a better condition or repair of it.

I would request the moderators to put this thread in hoax section since the OP started with a lie using a picture of Beijing stadium toilet and claiming it's a Muslim toilet.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

It might not be deliberate on the part of the OP as these photos are labelled as "Muslim toilet" on Google.
www.google.ie...

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by jeanvaljean]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join