It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to Sue or to Poo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wow. Very wow. When I go to another country, I try to adapt to their culture and learn their ways. That's why I go there, even if it were for business. I would expect the same if others who come here would do the same.....(*cough* *cough*....illegals in SW USA..*cough*) This is just silly, you don't see anybody going to the middle east and suing because one cannot sit down on the loo. Or someone going to Poland and suing the mathematicians because they do their math backwards.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The more I hear these ridiculous stories it just makes me think everyone should just stay in the place they were born. If you wont adapt to where your insane religious beliefs are not the norm stay out.

This planet just wont evolve until religion is phased out.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Why would one have to stand on the toilet to squat?
Isn't hovering a few inches above the seat permitted?
Are toilets in the UK significantly taller than in North America?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I just feel like there is a Dr Suess story in here somewhere.....

When the Whos from Whoville are taking poos in the loos,
little Mary Sue, or Hugh, or Lou,
what are they going to do, ohhh foo,
they can't sue, boo hoo

Sorry, it got away from me

[edit on 7-8-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
[edit on 7-8-2010 by beansanmash]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Surely there is more than just this that bothers the poor chap.
Can someone convince him to just go ahead and make his list of grievances all at once, so that the court can truly address what the REAL problem is?
I mean, people shake hands. Unclean people shake hands, I am sure he probably wants out of that too. Or, at a minimum, he wants a signed affidavit that any person that extends a hand (or a foot) to him for whatever reason abides by Muslim toilet etiquette.
What about the girly magazines in the men's room? I suppose he wants them replaced too, huh? No soccer magazines?
I suspect separate toilets are the desire here, one for the "clean" and one for the rest of us?
How do the Japanese deal with it?
OMG, they don't wash their FEET!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I live not far from plube, the thread originator, and the customs of the large asian population do cause conflict regularly.

I can recall as far back as 1959, when I started work in a TV tube factory which employed a fair sized proportion of asians. I was warned 'Don't eat soup in the canteen'
The reason was - the asians took soup bowls into the loos to wash their backsides.

I live alone so have a loo 'all to myself'

I recently replaced the seat with a flashy mirror chrome effect one.
I ought to clean it after every sit down because the sweat from my thighs leaves a mark at every 'sit'.
I dread to think what lurks on public loo seats

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think it's about time we stop accommodating these wife beating idiots. Some day all hell is going to break loose when people have had enough and it won't be pretty, we don't owe them anything and they owe us everything! They have no real freedoms in their homelands so they go anywhere else for Freedom and Freebies like parasites and they impose their beliefs and crap on everyone else. Give them Nothing!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
hahah, i saw this thread and I had to reply because I had a very interesting lecture on this exact topic in college. What am I studying that I would have a class about squatting versus sitting on a toilet? I am studying architecture and I asked myself the same question when I heard the subject of the lecture. I wouldn't say the lecture topic was completely relevant but it was a very entertaining change of topic from the normal guest lecturers.

Sitting on a toilet to go to the bathroom is actually a uniquely western phenomenon. Believe it or not, basically every other culture squats when they take a number two. This is because, as sitting toilets are a relatively recent invention, the human body has been squatting while taking number twos for thousands of years and is evolutionarily adapted to best function while doing this in a squatting position.

If you don't believe me, I will ask of you the same thing our guest lecturer asked of us, go home and squat over your toilet and see if you can find a difference.. just don't sue me if you fall off.

During our lecture we were shown very entertaining photos of signs that they have on toilets in western places where they receive a lot of foreign tourists, in the case it was Chinese tourists, that illustrate the correct way to use a toilet.

The reason that this lecture was given to a bunch of architecture students was because the lecturer was describing a toilet that an architect had designed to specifically mimic the muscle activation used when squatting to take a number two, but while sitting.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
...maybe this guy heard about that bimbo british gal that paraded half-naked through a dubai mall and decided "hey, i can do better than that!"...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I would hate using a squatting facility if I had a violent diarrhoea... all over my feet, yeeewww.

That being said, if one cannot ajust to host country way of life, he is free to choose another one.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
that is rediculous. I hope the judge flush's it out of the system!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
this reminds me of a story my mother told me about, my mother used to work with a large company that made watches and tv parts up here in the cold wilderness, back in the late 70's, the company under law taken on a large group of "foreign" workers, mainly Asian woman.

There was a large backlash against the workers, not because of their work or religion, but for leaving dirty footprints on the toilet seats, and crap on the rears of the toilets when they over reached, in the end these workers were warned to use the toilets as we in the UK used them and were told to like it or lump it, it also helped the cause when a large number of these workers had wet shoes and legs when they came out of the toilets in the first couple of weeks of them getting used to it

Sorted itself out in a matter of weeks, not like nowadays with all this Americanised I'll sue you as your discriminating against me crap, can you imagine if this was passed as law in court, especially against government, there would have to be these dangerous stand in your own s$%&e toilets, in every government building / office over the land

There will be more tax payers money up in smoke, these guys if they don't like the conditions that we have had in place in this country for more that 100 years and the development in sanitary we have had over the years, then they can get on the next plane, car, ferry out of here and live in France !

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Just a thought, but can you imagine trying to raise Muslim children in America/UK/Candada? What if they have to go the 'loo' at a store, a restaurant, or anywhere else? The mother would have to help the child stand over the toilet....and you know about training little boys to go to the bathroom. OMG, what a mess. ...and if she has to deal with other children in the 'loo' with her....what a nightmare! She'd also have to use the bottle of water in one hand, hold the child's arm in the other hand, and borrow someone else in the restroom to take care of other children. Nope, I don't envy that aspect of being a Muslim.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lisa12
I don't envy that aspect of being a Muslim.

I hear you Lisa, i have a kid of my own and she would be having a field day with a toilet like this.

These toilets are not Muslim or Islamic specific, the majority of the eastern world use this type of toilet, i have seen then in lots of countries from Spain to Japan, you don't see any of these nationalities taking up this cause because it is a no brainer, you use what is available.

Islamic culture states they must use this type of toilet and do what Allah did when he was in the desert (supposedly, if you believe in religion and the nonsense it brings), it just beggars belief that if the Man, was around today and he was visiting the UK he would adapt to the toilets here, he obviously would have had to have shat in the Desert all those years ago (just like if we were camping nowadays) and would have had to squat as they didn't have public loo's back then in the oasis. as the saying goes, when in rome...

if you look up wikipedia and search for squat toilet you can get a history and a list of the pro's and con's for the toilet but i will be sticking to my Italian porcelain master piece as that is the only peace i get sitting on the loo with the door locked and a good book, couldn't do that when you squat, legs would turn to jelly

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
First thought is: they are at work...WHY are they taking their shoes off, fer gawds sake?? I'm stuck on this! Lift the lid, keep yer shoes on and do the deed! Maybe the guys need a little instructional youtube vid???

I am American, born and raised. I spent a good bit of time in Egypt. Toilets like in the OP are very common. I figured it out... didn't like it much, but, hey, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Have any of you used a sanitary toilet seat cover? Tell and show the Muslims what this is for. These are the same people who kill people for drawing what they consider offensive cartoons. IMOP Islam is not a religion but a cult of death.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by flycatch]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Let's all laugh and make fun of another culture's religious beliefs and traditions. Ha ha ha, you Muslims poop funny, you're doing it wrong! Ha ha ha ha, I can't believe you don't know how to sit on a toilet! You Muslim people should just get over your silly beliefs on proper ways to do things. And hey, while we're at it, let's all laugh at the Jews because they need kosher versions of everything, HA HA HA.

You people all make me sick. If you were in a strict Islamic country, you'd pitch a fit if they made you or your wife cover your face for being female but when they come here you expect them to just drop their traditions and beliefs in order to be less "weird" to you.

The lawsuit, that's not for me to decide. What has me fuming at you people is that you all think it's some big joke at the expense of Muslims because they have a different poop squat then you. Welcome back to fifth grade, I guess.

And we wonder why the world is so hateful and divided. Sheesh.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
so what will they sue us next for?

Allowing our women to show their faces?
What about allowing women to vote?

How about the fact that we allow journalists to criticize the government without fear of death?

Cultural differences are one thing, but suing because one country won't accommodate your OVERWHELMING barbaric way to take a dump? Cmon.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join