It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy 5, Begs Soldiers Not To Take His Dad, For Stealing Water.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
TV cameras have captured the distressing moment a five-year-old Palestinian boy sees his father arrested for stealing water.

Khaled Jabari wails in torment and confusion as Israeli soldiers drag away his father Fadel in the West Bank district of Hebron.

Walking barefoot, the youngster becomes hysterical as he pleads with the troops not to take his father away.

One of the soldiers picks up the lad and removes him from the scene before Fadel is driven away in a four-wheel-drive.

After watching the footage, Hashem Abu Maria, of the Defence For Children International charity, said it was obvious the child thought his father would never return.

Video

I found this video very heart wrenching. That poor kid was obviously traumatized that they were taking away his father.

For stealing water? He must have really needed the water for his family. This is a really sad world we live in.

It makes me sick and angry

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Lady_Tuatha]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Disgusting...
These days just visiting ATS makes my heart ache for change in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Very sad world when someone isn't entitled to the basic necessities of life. Also that the little boy might be right. He might not see his father again.

Very sad, indeed.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That really does hurt to watch. I think that if Israel is concerned about the Palestinians stealing water, then they should probably send supplies of water instead of a force of police.

Edit: replaced "that" with "then"

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Zaxxon]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Don’t get me wrong, this is a sad story, but is it wrong? If the law says that anybody who steals a bottle of water should be taken down to a police station why should that law change just because a child is present. I think any such law is stupid but if that is the law that another state wishes to impose there isn’t much i can do about it and if i was living over there i would have to respect that law despite disagreeing with it. The enforcement officers have to remain consistent is it fair that one man is allowed to walk free but another man is punished just because the first man had a child person. I think not, yes they should ensure the safety of the child and minimise his distress however his father should still be arrested if that is the law.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It was posted in YouTube comments section and had a very deep meaning, thought I'd post it here too

...and there you see a new terrorist being born in the age of 5

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

Don’t get me wrong, this is a sad story, but is it wrong? If the law says that anybody who steals a bottle of water should be taken down to a police station why should that law change just because a child is present. I think any such law is stupid but if that is the law that another state wishes to impose there isn’t much i can do about it and if i was living over there i would have to respect that law despite disagreeing with it. The enforcement officers have to remain consistent is it fair that one man is allowed to walk free but another man is punished just because the first man had a child person. I think not, yes they should ensure the safety of the child and minimise his distress however his father should still be arrested if that is the law.

Well personally I do not agree with a crowd of soldiers being sent to take a father away for stealing water. In my opinion its very harsh and quite evil.

As for that being 'the law'

You dont need to arrest a man in the manner they showed in that video. Was there really a need for that many soldiers? Clearly he looked to be a poor man, he was most likely stealing water for his family to drink.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is far too extreme! Justification based on some "Law" when it deals with water is beyond me! Each and every one of you reading this has likely grown up in a world where water fountains and public toilets are made available to people. We knew public pools! We knew public parks!

How sad that someone should justify such actions! What World would we expect from such behavior? What World would we have?

Shame on them, this is right up there with any such "Israeli Mistake". They sure seem to have the Knack for it so it won't surprise me when they get slapped in the face by their own actions!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION

It was posted in YouTube comments section and had a very deep meaning, thought I'd post it here too

Exactly, they create their own problem by being so cruel to the people of Gaza, it's a vicious circle and it should have stopped decades ago.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It's upsetting just reading about it, I wont watch the video. It IS wrong. It's absolutely terrible. It's terrifying to think that people who have no compassion have the power to drag someone off, especially in front of their kids. What child could ever get over seeing their daddy on his knees and helpless. I don't think he'll have gotten a cup of tea and a ticking off at the police station either. Best not to think about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Lawful evil is still evil.

Second verse, same as the first.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

if you think thats sad best you take your computer and tv and throw them out this is a mean cruel world always is always will be..

if you think times are bad now?

i would hate for you to see what the romans did what the french army did what countless countries and governments doo now however we the bleeding hearts are so disillusioned by the evil we cant evensee times are teddy bears and kisses compared to history long and short term.

thank the media!

Be Well

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yet another video displaying Israels complete lack of 'true' concern on what goes on in the west bank and Gaza.

Call me crazy, but if you were that kid.
Just put your self in his shoes, with tears running down your face.
Watching as men in armor, cuff your father and ship him away, all over some water.Some of you may argue, the law is the law.
Well you know what I say, F*** you.
There is more than enough water for everyone on this damn planet, and to punish someone for obtaining an essential for life, well then you are on the same level as Hitler.
Around here, we have a park that sprays water constantly in a wading pool, we let the kids play in it... for free.
THere is water fountains everywhere.
And don't for a second think that Israel does not have enough resources.
Again, I ask you people.
PUT YOUR SELF IN HIS SHOES.
This event is easily a recipe for youth resistance.
They are BREEDING rebels. This kid will most likely grow up with a undying hatred for the Israeli settlers, and most certainly be picked up by others who have been through similar events.
These people are MONSTERS.
Im sick of hearing people defend these sadistic bastards.
It's truly stomach turning, to think that brainwashed Christians support the state of Israel and all the garbage that goes along with it. If I was Palestinian, you can guarantee I would be with hammas, as a man, it would be my duty to protect my family and comrades.
Not a man of faith, but my thoughts are with you Palestinians.

To you my friends, I must share a few photos.
Look Familiar?

Look how far these people have come.
From hiding their children in front of the gun, to being behind and pulling the trigger. with in what 60 years?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip
Some of you may argue, the law is the law.
Well you know what I say, F*** you.
There is more than enough water for everyone on this damn planet, and to punish someone for obtaining an essential for life, well then you are on the same level as Hitler.

Well said. Folk who say things like "I don't agree with it myself but the law is the law and it must be obeyed." are in some ways worse than the law-enforcers.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I can't see the youtube video, but I'm curious about something.

Is the water under some sort of rationing in that area?

If so, this man stealing water is denying another family of their fair share.

Anyone think of that before they jumped on the "The Soldiers are evil" bandwagon?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

There isn't a (just the facts ma'am) article as to what was really going - just an opinion blog and a 50 sec. video. Meant to tug at the emotions and obviously worked (did for me too, not negating that) but I think it should be taken with a grain of salt until the rest of the story is found (if that is even possible).

[edit on 7-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
That soldier would have made a great SS officer, he'd probably slit his mother's throat if he was ordered to do so, and then he'd thank his superior for the privilege.

Don't Israelis see the irony in so much of their actions?

[edit on 8/7/2010 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by jerico65

There isn't a (just the facts ma'am) article as to what was really going - just an opinion blog and a 50 sec. video. Meant to tug at the emotions and obviously worked (did for me too, not negating that) but I think it should be taken with a grain of salt until the rest of the story is found (if that is even possible).

[edit on 7-8-2010 by LadySkadi]
There are a couple of articles out there. One apparently from Israeli citizens as well. Apparently the father was stealing water from an Israeli citizen only pipe to grow crops. He was arrested for that, and two others were arrested for throwing stones at the police.

Anyway, to give some background. The Gaza has had a drought for a couple of years and according to Mr. What's-his-Name Water Minister for Israel: Israel has access to 3 major water sources, while they give 20% access of just one source to the Palestinians.

While I know why they have taken extreme measure for security of their people (they've always had a culture of segregation. You know. There are Jews and then there are Gentiles (everyone else)) I think that Israel should show compassion. Showing compassion may also help show their humanity to the rest of the ME.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaxxon

Thank you! Appreciate the additional info.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION

That is the first thing I thought of after watching the movie.

You don't think that kid is gonna have some resentment towards the uniforms that took his dad away (assuming his dad doesn't come back, or assuming that stuff like this is constant and it isn't just a one time thing).

To put it plainly, it all sucks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join