It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Americans on medical team killed in Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
Blowing up an entire market to kill ONE traitor would be a valuable lesson to everyone to shun, avoid & alienate rats who risk instant vaporization.

So basically all the innocent people who've been blown to bits by insurgents were necessary losses so Al Qaeda could teach everyone a lesson.

You know what I really like? You seem to have no problem with innocents being killed so long as it's not the US who does the killing. Hello, double standards.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You're assuming they were "innocent"... locals might have other info... the market could be a "den of rats", a favorite of traitors or callous occupiers who think women & children offer inoculation from attack... we don't get the Afghan side do we?

Well, shucks. Let's just crank up as many B52s as we can and we can revisit "carpet bombing" in the 21st Century. Just lay waste to Afghanistan and destroy every city, town and mud hut. Since, according to you, no one is innocent.

US govt claims authority to target the so called enemy anywhere at anytime, so according to me angry Afghanis can do the same... war is hell.

Actually, no, the US can't. Take a read thru the ROEs and then feel free to unf**k your statement.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Blowing up an entire market to kill ONE traitor would be a valuable lesson to everyone to shun, avoid & alienate rats who risk instant vaporization.

So basically all the innocent people who've been blown to bits by insurgents were necessary losses so Al Qaeda could teach everyone a lesson.

You know what I really like? You seem to have no problem with innocents being killed so long as it's not the US who does the killing. Hello, double standards.

Close. I don't assume they're all "innocent" people, or that women & children were targeted because Taliban are mean & cruel based on MSM/govt propaganda..

When 2 warring factions target "enemy" assets, collateral damage happens.. US/NATO feign official "regret" excusing their atrocities through a massive propaganda machine.. yet when the Taliban/Afghans do the exact same things today, it's "terrorism"...but when they were blowing up russians it was "hooray freedom fighters". I don't buy into that "spin".

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Instead you assume they must be guilty of something and therefore deserve what they get. Meanwhile the people who actually do the killing aren't doing anything wrong because they must have really been CIA operatives.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by GovtFlu

Instead you assume they must be guilty of something and therefore deserve what they get. Meanwhile the people who actually do the killing aren't doing anything wrong because they must have really been CIA operatives.

"Guilty?", no.. it's called vicarious liability. I don't believe the MSMs version to be anywhere near accurate.. had those been soviets killed, these "news" agencies would celebrate the brave actions of "freedom fighters".

I don't see them as freedom fighters or insurgents, more like average everyday people who LIVE THERE and are defending themselves or seeking revenge just like many US citizens would..

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was a CIA asset there... only those responsible know their reason for sure... and msnbc won't objectively air their side of the story.. so we'll never know.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

You're assuming they were "innocent"... locals might have other info... the market could be a "den of rats", a favorite of traitors or callous occupiers who think women & children offer inoculation from attack... we don't get the Afghan side do we?

Well, shucks. Let's just crank up as many B52s as we can and we can revisit "carpet bombing" in the 21st Century. Just lay waste to Afghanistan and destroy every city, town and mud hut. Since, according to you, no one is innocent.

US govt claims authority to target the so called enemy anywhere at anytime, so according to me angry Afghanis can do the same... war is hell.

Actually, no, the US can't. Take a read thru the ROEs and then feel free to unf**k your statement.

I don't know which local people Afghan resistance see as rats or legitimate targets.. I don't believe the media knows either, yet they have a tendency to report anyone killed by the Taliban as "innocent"... cia /nato assets and traitors are not innocent during war.

"all is fair in love and war" CIA/military lobs shells / drone missiles into villages targeting "suspected" enemy assets, the Taliban blows up markets et al targeting suspected assets... thats partly how viet-cong style combat works.

..and the US govt targets innocent people all over the world with kidnapping, torture and or drone death based on nothing but "official" suspicion.. everyone knows that.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I am disgusted with some of the callous comments in this thread.

Having been in the same type of situation many times I can assure you there is no way what we do can be construed as anything akin to CIA actions.

We know when we leave the United States that we may not come back
alive. It is not discussed or really thought of as a reality.

We fly into a country with tons of medical supplies that usually takes hours to get through the foreign airports and we are always under guard of military police in the country we are in until we are allowed to leave the airport.

We and our translators are seemingly left to fend for ourselves the rest of the trip.

In foreign countries the thieves will put rocks or other wreckage in our path to stop us so we can be robbed. We know this and go around the traps.

Once settled in camp we begin our work and don't stop until we are finished. Saving the life of just one baby or child is worth all the risk.

Thankfully the only harm to come to me in the missions was a case of dengue fever I acquired from swimming in Hatti.

It is an expense to the aid worker. It isn't a free vacation. My last mission costs me $800.00 out of my pocket.

It take a dedicated, selfless person to serve humankind knowing all hell could break loose any minute.

I can assure you it also teaches us how fortunate we are in our home countries.

I do not condone war or senseless killing but it is a part of our world and I try to make it better for the sick and hurting.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Having been in the same type of situation many times I can assure you there is no way what we do can be construed as anything akin to CIA actions.

As long as the occupied locals firmly believe that, awesome... but 'fog of war' happens... 'war on terror' rules apply, mere "suspicion" by US/Taliban "leaders" is a death sentence...

Perception is reality, "suspected" terrorists & CIA/occupier assets receive no quarter.

When the DC mafias media lackeys tell me poor innocent harmless people were killed by mean extremest b holes.. or fun loving all american kids who love their moms and apple pie, accidentally became illegal aliens in iran, lost hikers.. I expect the opposite to be closer to reality.

Those so called radicalized freedom haters had their reasons for killing those people..maybe they acted on rumors and torture? some poor sod was water boarded into confessing.. yes, it's true..it's a den of infidels!! those people are CIA!!

I don't know, and neither does anyone here.. believing the MSM take is a little absurd at this point.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join