It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rally for WikiLeaks Whistleblower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

What: Rally in Support of Whistleblower Bradley Manning
When: Sunday, August 8, noon
Where: Quantico Marine Corps Base where Manning is being held in pre-trial confinement; we will meet at the Amtrak station in Quantico (see interactive map below)

Private First Class Bradley Manning, a 22-year-old intelligence analyst stationed in Iraq, stands accused of disclosing a classified video depicting American troops in Iraq shooting civilians from an Apache helicopter in 2007. Eleven people were killed, including two Reuters employees, and two children were critically injured. No charges have been filed against the soldiers who did the killing.

News sources have also speculated about Manning’s involvement in the leak of over 90,000 secret documents (collectively known as the Afghanistan “war logs”) made public by WikiLeaks on July 25.

www.antiwar.com...

I wonder if anyone will show up?

In this "blog" they say that "no charges have been filed against the soldiers who did the killing" refering to the civilians being killed by the Apache helicopter in 2007. I don't think the helicopter pilots should be charged, because they were just trying to do their job.

That's not the poing here I guess, I just wanted to say what I feel about that statement.

The story here is that there is a rally being organized in support of Bradley Manning outside of the military base where Manning is being held. I don't think this rally will accomplish anything but give the government info on the people who are at the rally.

I wonder how many people will be arrested?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

In this "blog" they say that "no charges have been filed against the soldiers who did the killing" refering to the civilians being killed by the Apache helicopter in 2007. I don't think the helicopter pilots should be charged, because they were just trying to do their job.

Not sure if you're insinuating that the pilots are innocent but the other crewmembers are not because if thats the case then I hate to be the bearer of bad news....but an apache is only a two seater....*ETA* Apache pilots are the atypical "alpha male" complete with locker room posturing, strutting, posing in front of the mirror in the gym......basically all around douchers. What's really funny about the truth in that statement, is what it says about the skill of other pilots, when you hear an apache pilot say "you gotta watch out for those **** medivac guys; their f*****' cowboys! hehe

Hopefully though, if Pfc Manning is tried, then these guys will be as well.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by blood0fheroes]

[edit on 7-8-2010 by blood0fheroes]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Sounds like a plan and a good one at that..glad you posted the link now I can share this news and encourage everyone I know to join the rally.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Julian Assange reminds me of our founding fathers, serious rebels... WITH A CAUSE!

I have to hear my family say, "We should bomb Iceland if they don't hand them over" "We should hang this traitor in public" "We should send in assassins to Iceland to kill Julian Assange". And they all harass me when I say the guy is a hero in the cause for freedom and peace.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

I am aware of how many people it takes to fly an apache, I just think that if civilians are accidentally killed, the soldiers shouldn't be prosecuted.

Now if the soldiers knowingly killed civilians then yes they should be charged and punished.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Roger that, we're in agreement then. Intent here is the key.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I am really glad that their is some American people willing to voice their disgust at this. The rally is a great idea and I hope many people show up to show their support.

Bradley Manning was brave for doing what he did, which was getting the truth out to the people.

It is the leaders of the Military who should be standing trial, for war crimes.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.

This may the first time for many to speak up for our humanity's hero, the courageous Bradley, or the last time if the military industrial complex wins.

Without his timely whistleblowing on many citizens trust in the military, the war with Iran and its consequential extinction level event would have been a sure thing.

Good luck and hope to see many of you, your relatives and friends there! Cheers and do take care! :-)

[edit on 7-8-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
About 80 people showed up in Quantico VA in support of suspected WikiLeaks whistleblower Bradley Manning today. I thought the turnout would have been better.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Julian Assange reminds me of our founding fathers, serious rebels... WITH A CAUSE!

I have to hear my family say, "We should bomb Iceland if they don't hand them over" "We should hang this traitor in public" "We should send in assassins to Iceland to kill Julian Assange". And they all harass me when I say the guy is a hero in the cause for freedom and peace.

No doubt!

I got into an argument with my 'pig' *cop* brother over the same thing.

I got in the last words and he was left quiet and pondering...

Some people just refuse to see it though,
god forbid they "go against "their country"'
or accept that their leaders are straight up criminals.

join