It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Million Fish Dead in Bolivian Ecological Disaster

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You know something is definately going on with mother nature when fish, alligators, turtles, dolphins and more are dead, not by poison or toxic spills but by a cold front that lowered water temperatures too much.

www.boliviabella.com...

This just seems way to extreme of a change in temperatures and when you consider Russia's highest temperatures recorded and the massive floods worldwide, us humans will pay the price. I just hope this isnt mans doing with projects like HAARP.

Just another event I wanted to bring to ATS'ers attention.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I could not undertand the video, being in spanish, but the pictures are clear enough.

So today we have the coldest day on record for august in So. Cal. and hottest days on record for 100 years for Russia, then this freezing in Bolivia that kills millions of fish and other aquatic life.

How many anomolies are still to come? It does make you wonder what the heck is really going on around the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

How many anomolies are still to come? It does make you wonder what the heck is really going on around the world.

Well I wonder about it too.

There is a high amount of disasters hitting us all over the planet lately.

Some are man made, some appear natural. Some I am not so sure.

But there sure is a huge amount of different things coming in all at once, and this is just one more to add onto it.

We are in deep crap actually. If this pattern keeps up for a few years our civilization will suffer greatly.

If things go back to normal soon, than we will be fine.

But our agricultural backbone is in jeopardy at the moment, it should be obvious to most people.

If our crops are destroyed, we will follow.

BTW: Anyone have any statistics on how many crops worldwide have been destroyed this year?

I would love to know that statistic. It will help us determine if a true disaster is unfolding, or if the media is simply reporting more often about a natural cycle of disasters that has always been occurring.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Could it be a result of the El Nino cycles combining with the unusual solar activity?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I realize there are alot of different opinions ranging from astrological alignments, geoengineering, global warming, the sun changing, wormwood/planetx/nibiru, pole shifting, slowing of ocean currents, and im sure theres more that could be added to this list. If this is natural, then so be it, and thats the way it was meant to be, but it sure would be a shame if programs like HAARP could be causing some of these events.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Here's another large event that happened in Canada last couple days. A glacier gave way in British Columbia and caused a 2 kilometer long mud slide blocking a water shed. Either BC has a new lake or all that water may break loose and cause more havoc, 4000 preparing to evac just in case.

www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
somebody actually counted the fish?
that is allot of work
Cold front huh?
me thinks no

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Some months ago the same thing happened in Brazil, with the same results, although in a smaller scale.

It's not that common, but it's not that rare either, apparently.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Food related events. Here are some links of crop damages I found in just a short time. Im sure there are many more in smaller markets that dont effect world supplies.

Russia bans wheat exports.
news.yahoo.com...

Canadian prairies unable to plant 20% wheat crops due to floods.
money.canoe.ca...

Austrailia locust infestation.
www.neatorama.com...

Austrailia crop sabotage.
www.news.com.au...

First Boliva drought damages crops, cattle.
www.presstv.ir...§ionid=351020706

Now Bolivia cold front kills fish.
www.boliviabella.com...

GoM oils spill kills fish.
www.youtube.com...

Mystery crop damage in USA.
www.freshplaza.com...

Manila crop damage 3.7 billion.
www.philstar.com...

Argentina crops damaged.
www.businessweek.com...

Asian rice damage.
www.china.org.cn...

just came across this..
Bad year for Brazil's sugar cane, #1 world supplier.
af.reuters.com...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by quest4info]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

Im sure the fish count is a guesstimate.

Cold also kills people in Bolivia. Tropical fish cant handle cold thats why most home aquariums have heaters in them. We had a problem in BC a few years back with the salmon. The rivers were to warm during spawning season and was causing deaths.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by quest4info

Here's another thing that happened this week. A chunk of ice broke off of Greenland yesterday, the size of 4 cities of Manhattan.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Yes, very strange disturbances in weather, dont you think? Here, at the coast of BC, Fraser Valley is a rainforrest area, we are having a drought, with barely a drop of rain, and everything drying up, and over 400 forest fires in the province. I blamed BP, and the Gulf disaster many thousands of miles away. After all, this is the precipitation cycle. They, who have company shares in the very toxic dispersant agent they used huge quantities of, and acted above the law as well much of the time, giving orders that should not have been in their jurisdiction to give, they were very well paid for their huge disaster.

www.associazionegeofisica.it...
This is from an Itlalian physcist from an large Italian Physics Laboratory, where they studied the Gulf Stream data, including the summer stalling, for years, and concluded that, due to BP's disaster, something different was occuring.

The Gulf Stream, the major engine is stalled. Not in the normal way. And the implications for the global weather patterns are enormous. That is mild, ice age is a possilbity if it doesnt start up.

As soon as I saw this, saw that it related to rapid ocean cooling, I thought of BP and the Gulf Stream instantly!

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I absoluetly agree! I've lived in the okanagan valley in British Columbia, Canada all my life and always, always, always have to shovel snow during the winter months with anywhere from 1 foot to 4 feet of accumulation. This past winter I shovelled 2 inches on 2 occasions, very wierd. I like the mild winter but the low snow pact sure affects forest fire season with unusually dry spring and summer months. Now to see a place like Bolivia have extreme cold, they dont have furnaces or wool socks. Things are definately changing.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by quest4info

Yes, but the Gulf Stream stalling is something new and immediate relating to BP according to the calculus and the main engine stalling seems directly correlated to this drought situation in our province the last month.

And its going to get far worse. If the main engine of this stream does not start, the movie, The Day After Tomorrow is likely to occur. Ice age, with many freak storms, not necessarily snow ball earth, but a mini ice age in the least could occur.

If its temporary, extreme weather conditions, droughts, famines, hail storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, melt downs, variations hot/cold could happen.

In fact,it appears some of this is happening.

Its nice to see someone from home posting. I was born and raised in the South Okanagan and spent most of my life there. Many warm wishes.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
update on the original link states..

3 Aug. 2010 - Update: The number of dead fish and other water-dependent wildlife has increased to about 6 million.

yeesh, gauranteed those people who rely on fish for dinner won't be seeing any of Russias wheat.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Are other areas affected by the Gulf Stream reacting in the same way?

Here in Portugal we are having the normal weather for this time of year, very hot and dry.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I have seen some of that info about the gulf current changing, scarey stuff. Before the oil spill even happened I watch a video by John Moore that was put out in 2008(i think), and he talks about how the gulf stream was already slowing down due to the lowering of salinity from the influx of freshwater entering the oceans, and if the oil spill is accelerating that effect it would definately explain alot of the wild weather.

John Moore video - truth behind global warming.
video.godlikeproductions.com...

I love the Okanagan, but the wife and I always end up on the coast every summer.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

It's probably to early to say what the effects of the broken gulf stream will be, if it is indeed broken and not just having a burp. I am definately no credible voice on the matter myself and it may just be a convenient event to blame for the wild weather. In the John Moore video I linked he talks about scientific evidence that the gulf stream has been slowing and he states that England and Moscow are equal distances from the north pole yet Moscow has harsh winters and England has mild winters which is due to the gulf stream flowing across the atlantic. One senario is if the gulf stream slows, is that England may see actual winters like Moscow. Now here is where the problem is, Moscows water line infrastructure is based on the frost line which is around 3 feet deep so all their water lines are run at least 3 feet underground. England's water line infrastructure is based on about 16 inches. Frozen water lines not good. I guess time will tell.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am on the east coast and have found that the weather has been strange as well .Today is only 65f .We have had some good rain and a few warm days but usually we get extended periods , but this year it goes one day hot the next cool ...Strange ...peace

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I imagine this is world wide. The Gulf Stream affects the weather and more permanently, the climate of the planet. The weather disturbances would be world wide. Hot/cold, flooding/droughts, and many other strange variations, happening in different areas all at once, I believe.

The Gulf Stream data is studied alot in depth. Europe and the UK, eastern North America are extremely dependent on this system of equalizing temperatures between oceans.
I remember reading that the UK had sent its own team out to study the effects. Also, my uncle who has physics background, and enjoys many contacts world wide, told me this year, that he thought an ice age was coming. He doesnt share much, so that was a surprising viewpoint coming from him.

I believe, strangely enough, that the forecasts for disaster in the next few years were put out by the cia for events that may or may not be large such as the mayan calendar type thing, and that whatever we're not being told, or whatever they have been trying to bring in (or some combo between these two), was not going to have the effects they were hoping for. I don't for one minute believe this oil leak was an "accident", it was immediately followed by a Canadian spill, a Chinese one, and then Japan had an explosive attack on their tanker. Not likely to be accidents.

So I've drawn the conclusion whatever is heading our way, that they hint but refuse to tell us about, wasnt going to have big enough pay offs in disasters, so they prodded nature along.

Thats what I feel.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join