It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 aid workers killed, including six from U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

(Aug. 7) -- Six Americans, a Briton and a German all working for a Christian medical charity in Afghanistan have been ambushed and killed by militants, their group said today.

Two Afghan translators were also killed with the eight foreign aid workers – three women and five men – whom they'd been helping. Their bodies were found riddled with bullets next to their abandoned vehicles in a mountainous area of Badakhshan province, the provincial police chief told

www.aolnews.com...

This is horrible!

The Taliban gunned down these aid workers execution style on Thursday. This just shows how much some of the people of Afghanistan feel about the coalition presence. When stuff like this happens it makes me sick to my stomach.

This is a perfect example of why all coalition troops should be removed from Afghanistan. The war there will never end, and people will continue to be killed long after all troops are removed.

My heart goes out to the families of the slain aid workers.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by SUICIDEHK45]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
With the tightening of the roe put in place....things for Americans are only going to get worse there. My thinking on this is either bring them home and end this nonsense, or unleash the beast and really bring about the end. It seems every country on earth has the ability to comit attrocities, and only the U.S. is held accountable. If we are at war, fight it like a war........else bring everyone home.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
IMO it was totally wrong of them to go there and do wht they did. Why can't they respect someone else's country and religion?

Put another way, this was an incursion into a war zone by a group of deluded idiots.

It is a Muslim country which is being mercilessly attacked by US 'Christian' terrorists, and those 'Christian' terrorists are killing hundreds of their innocent Afghan civilans each week - including innocent women and children and who are wrecking their country.

What kind of a response do you expect? Do you really expect them to welcome yet more interference from these same US Christian bible pushing terrorist allies ? Do you expect that Afghans will trust them?

In my opinion the reasoning behind the 'missionary medics' incursion into Afghanistan was totally wrong, and frankly, nonsensical..

In fact, there's something about this story which doesn't add up to me. It seems a bit suspect.

In any case, I am sorry they were killed, just as I am equally sorry about the thousands Afghans who have been murdered by US and allied terrorists, and I wish we would get the h--l out of there and bring an end to this illegitimate and unjustifiable attack on the Afghan people and their country.

WE ARE NOT THE VICTIMS, WE ARE THE TERRORISTS.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
"We killed them all," Mujahed was quoted as saying. He didn't offer proof, and it's possible that bandits were instead to blame. In the past, the Taliban has misleadingly claimed responsibility for attacks to exaggerate its power." www.aolnews.com...

it may not of neccaserily have been the taliban although theres a high probability it was. while i feel for the family's at least a few less afgan childeren will bee pumped full of those lovely safe vaccines. top[ and bottom of thios is we shouldnt be there at all!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
IMO it was totally wrong of them to go there and do wht they did. Why can't they respect someone else's country and religion?

Put another way, this was an incursion into a war zone by a group of deluded idiots.

It is a Muslim country which is being mercilessly attacked by US 'Christian' terrorists, and those 'Christian' terrorists are killing hundreds of their innocent Afghan civilans each week - including innocent women and children and who are wrecking their country.

While I will agree that it's possible the religious component of their activities may have contributed to their unfortunate demise I would be hard pressed to view a bunch of medics as being "terrorists".

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

How do you expect them to feel about the coalition presence?

My heart goes out to the thousands of Afghan victims who have been murdered by the coalition assassins, and to all those families who have lost their dear husbands, sons, wives, mothers, fathers, daughters, grandparents and grandchildren, their homes and their livelihoods.

My heart goes out to this people whose country is being pillaged and destroyed.

My heart goes out to Manning, currently imprisoned for revealing some of the truth about this abominable situation.

My heart goes out to the hundreds of good, innocent people who spoke the truth about our criminal governments, who told the real Story, and who have been sssassinated in US, UK and other western countries in order to silence them.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There was a thread psted earlier about this story ...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Sorry, I searched for 10 aid workers before I posted this.

It is a very tragic event, but like everyone else is saying " what do we expect? ". This is what happens when you try to help out people who don't want to be helped.

I wonder if these Christian aid workers were also trying to perform missionary work while in Afghanistan? If they were trying to impose their religious beliefs on the people of Afghanistan, then it is amazing that they lasted as long as they did over there.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Do you remember the backlash against Muslims in the US because of ONE bomb attack which was only ALLEGEDLY carried out by Muslims?

I am not trying to diminish in any way the horror of what happened on 9/11. I am simply drawing a parallel between what the American people suffered then and what the Afghans are suffering now, which is the exact same senseless bloodshed and horror, multiplied a couple of thousand times, and each week at that.

Imagine how the Afghans feel about Americans and other coalition nationals, as they are witnessing bombs being dropped which kill hundreds, thousands each week, and snipers carry out cold blooded assassinations as part of their regular daily regimen?

How would you feel in their situation? How would you feel about a group of coalition 'muslim proselytisers' turning up in your villages uninvited and trying to convert people to the religion of your assassins?

And Christianity is not innocent in this situation. It was very much part of the pre-invasion rhetoric.

If I put myself in the shoes of the Afghans, I would have no problem suspecting this group of missionary medics might be terrorists or terrorist agents.

Also, what is the difference between what the Taliban did, and the law that the US has passed saying that US citizens abroad can be killed on sight, without any due process, simply on the basis that someone with a gun suspects they may be involved with terrorism? What is the difference between this and the hundreds/thousands who have been killed to silence them from exposing the crimes of government figures? There is absolutely NO moral high ground to be claimed here.

What those people did was idiotic beyond belief - and because the story is so idiotic I can't help finding it suspect.

How do we know they weren't coalition agents?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I most definitely do not support this "war" or whatever is going on over there. However, as I had said, I have a hard time viewing medics as terrorists. If they were attempting religious conversions it may have contributed to their deaths although I don't know enough of the story to confirm or deny such a thing.

No matter what though, I have a distinct suspicion that your personal feelings about the war there may be discoloring your view of this particular event.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

How do you expect them to feel about the coalition presence?

Yea they acted like a bunch of crazy hillbillies. This group has been in country for decades. One of the killed for 30 years. You cant build any relationship with a bunch of backward nuts like this. They are to stupid.

Think of this happening in West VA to a bunch of aid workers from India or something.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
wat about "aid"...invasion of irak and afghanistan was also aid....!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Sorry, I searched for 10 aid workers before I posted this.

It is a very tragic event, but like everyone else is saying " what do we expect? ". This is what happens when you try to help out people who don't want to be helped.

Unless its giving them shoulder fired anti aircraft tools. They will take all of that action just dont send the kids any med for worms or anything like it. .

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Very brave people committed to a worthwhile cause in trying to bring medical aid to the victims of the war on terror. IMO, they should not have taken the risk as, should they have fallen into the wrong hands, they would almost certainly always been labeled as spies for the "US and the Jews". Hopefully, their death was swift and they didn't become victim to the more barbaric elements of the insurgency.

new topics

top topics

join