It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burn the Quran, Bible and the Flag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The mainstream media has gotten its panty in a knot over the burn a quran day, the muslims are angry, the conservative christians are angry everyones angry at this, yet no one understands that its freedom of speech that is at stake here.

I personally would not burn a quran or a bible or a flag, but all this media hype about it being bad is bordering on ridiculous, i mean seriously, its a piece of cloth or some paper mass produced with nothing holy about that process.

The more media attention this gets the sooner our freedom of speech is going to be taken away from us, does anyone else see this??

I dont endorse burning of anything, but we do have our first amendment. or have people forgotten about this?

link to a video that i believe is closer to the truth on this whole debate about burning qurans than most of the mainstream media will ever mention so as not to be politically correct.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
LOL
Good post for its humor and your sentiment...
Imagine if you were stranded in the Arctic ...
After burning everything possible to stay warm...
You could add eating your shoe leather to that list as well...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Tribalism works for countries, religions, politics and countless others. I know the term "Globalism" represents tyranny more than unity today, but wouldn't it be interesting to just be "Earthlings" and concentrate all our energy and resources on things other than fighting each other...not in our lifetimes.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
Tribalism works for countries, religions, politics and countless others. I know the term "Globalism" represents tyranny more than unity today, but wouldn't it be interesting to just be "Earthlings" and concentrate all our energy and resources on things other than fighting each other...not in our lifetimes.

exactly, all this fighting over religion is bugging the hell out of me, muslims are not terrorists, catholics are not pedophiles, PEOPLE are screwed up.
i just find this whole religious debate to be the problem of this world, not so much that religion is the cause, but rather the elite are making sure that we fight over religion so as not to see the real cause.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Pan7her

I personally would not burn a quran or a bible or a flag, but all this media hype about it being bad is bordering on ridiculous, i mean seriously, its a piece of cloth or some paper mass produced with nothing holy about that process.

ZZZ you can't be that naive, it is the symbolism which counts.

If you are burning Quran pages to keep warm then I can understand, but if you are just burning it then there is a symbol there isn't it? What does that mean? Next thing you gonna burn people who have memorized the Quran? Then people who listen to Quran? Then people who follow Quran?

Try burning the American constitution on Youtube, and don't hide your face please.

Spit on it, Burn it, even crap on it, show no respect to the American constitution, see what kind of response you get.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pan7her

Burning the US flag could be considered to show some sort of displeasure of the country. Nothing really happens to flag burners these days.

Burning the Quaron or the Bible is just soley to target and piss off a certain group of people off. But that's ok as long as you are targetting someone based on their beliefs rather than their skin color, right?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The problem is that they are burning the Koran for entirely bigoted and intolerant reasons, they're basically turning "fighting words" into an action.
It's like if the KKK were to hang a effigy of an African American and burn it. They are explicitly saying "We are intolerant and bigoted towards your race/beliefs/ideas/etc."

They have the freedom to do it though, so whatever.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by Pan7her

Try burning the American constitution on Youtube, and don't hide your face please.

Spit on it, Burn it, even crap on it, show no respect to the American constitution, see what kind of response you get.

The constitution has been burned by our leaders a long time ago, i doubt any of it is taken seriously by your government

but, here you go

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Chuck the Australian flag on the fire too.

All these things are mind control tools that are excellent excuses for war.

Flags are great for creating division among humans.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
By the way that Florida preist, or whatever the hell he is, talked, it's pretty obvious that he was uneducated and had no respect for other religions. It's people like him who give Christians bad names. This is coming from a long-time muslim. I wish everybody could just worship any religion they want and just keep to themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pan7her

No I asked you, remember.

And this guy, what did he say at the beginning of his video? For educational purposes ^^

Just like when they say for educational purposes when they hack your computer.

Get it?

I want you to do it in the same manner they are burning the Quran, is that for educational purposes?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Unregistered]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -Noam Chomsky

To paraphrase another famous quotation, the right of free speech applies absolutely, regardless of whether we find the content of the speech, or the person saying it, agreeable, reprehensible, or anything in between.

I won't attempt to derail this into a discussion about rights and whence they are derived. Suffice it to say, however, that understanding of such is immensely informative and relevant.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pan7her

I couldn't watch the video on my dial-up connection at home.

But publicizing stuff like this is basically just hate mongering.

So we can get some idea of what the people who do this and the people who hype it are trying to create. It's criminal behavior.

If we want the right to speak freely, we can't pass laws against behavior like this. But that doesn't mean we can't recognize it for what it is.

Our rights are there so we can't get thrown in jail for criticizing our own government. But in an environment where general human rights are poorly understood and consistently neglected, our own Bill of Rights is mighty thin protection.

top topics

join