It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight Foreign Doctors Executed by Taliban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This is because it is fundamentally evil for foreigners to come to Afghanistan and provide free medical care to people in remote mountainous villages...

Yes, our friends the Taliban...keepers of the faith, for the Religion of Peace...ruthlessly and deliberately putting bullets in the heads of Doctors who are trying to provide a modicum of comfort and dignity to people in this wretched and backward country.

How dare these Doctors provide medical and dental care to people who otherwise would not have access to it...or if they did, could not pay for it.

But another example of how evil and despicable the West is, praying on Muslims who are just trying to mind their own business. Who can blame them for wanting to execute these horrible, horrible Christian volunteer health care workers.

"Before their travel we warned them not to tour near jungles in Nuristan but they said they were doctors and no one was going to hurt them," Kentuz said.

Jamaluddin Badr, governor of nearby Nuristan province, also said the group was made up of doctors who had visited several districts in Nuristan and Badakshan, helping local Afghans.

The IAM describes itself as an "international charitable, non-profit, Christian organization" which has been helping Afghans with health and economic development since 1966.

www.montrealgazette.com...

...And meanwhile, we in the West have fits over inadvertent civilian casualties in this war. How many here will speak out with equal passion against this atrocity deliberately perpetrated against people who were only there to help the unfortunate?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
"And meanwhile, we in the West have fits over inadvertent civilian casualties in this war. How many here will speak out with equal passion against this atrocity deliberately perpetrated against people who were only there to help the unfortunate? "

My condolences to the families and loved ones .Just like the Nato forces that are only there to help the poor people of Afghanistan some innocent and some guilty people are dying ..And for what .If this story is true and it probably is we may only be getting a distorted report of what actually happened ..For all we know these doctors may have been treating the Taliban and was offed by Special forces ..We may never know

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
They probably noticed what happened to the American NDNs, or they know about Africans and vaccines.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were martyred by there own side like Pat Tillman the American football star that Bush falsely claimed was heroically killed in a Taliban ambush, and it turned out was killed by US special Ops.
Just for the PR value.

I'm sure they are aware that Bush said god told him to go to War in their part of the world and they have heard that the Reverend Hagee has said that Hitler was doing god's work.

They were warned not to go there, what with all the drone attacks on wedding and schools there is a good chance they were just in the wrong batch of innocent people ...those drones are notorious for not being able to distinguisher between innocent and US supported drug lords.

The Taliban also most likely know that the gulf of Tonkin was a false flag Op and what the VC had to do to defeat the far larger invading US army.

Those Doctors could have done quite well in areas that are Christian and can't get health care like isolated communities in Alaska

Well it is a sorry thing that the good doctors are dead, hopefully they are in a better place...but they were warned.

Celebrate their martyrdom for the cause if you must. But with out proof should you blame the Afghanis?

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Strange this is not reported on MSM...

Do you have another source?

Sounds like something the US would pickup on and use as an excuse for more troops if true...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I'd be willing to bet that I am slightly more familiar with the afghani people than you, so let's try an exercise in logic.

The taliban is our current chosen enemy.

The taliban have mixed support from the local populace, there are those who support them willingly, those who do so out of fear, and those who form armed militias to obstruct and fight back against them.

The taliban goes against their own religion by preaching violence as the answer.

Now lets try and reason for a moment, why and how we got to this point in history.
The taliban were, before the invasion, the ruling political party in the country.
They were formed from what the west called the "mujahideen". This is the plural form for the word Mujahid, which means justice fighter. That is exactly what we called these same people thirty some-odd years ago when we were still their friends. We called them freedom fighters. But now that it's us who want to occupy their home they magically became "insurgents"....that sounds much scarier.

In fact, not only were we friends, we helped arm and fund them in their fight against the last empire who wanted to occupy their home, the russians.

There is a reason this country is called "the graveyard of empires". Simply put, these folks have mastered one single strategy of combat: wearing down your enemy until they have exhausted their resources.

We wanted an ally against russia so badly, that we intentionally recruited muslims with extreme ideologies into what would become the mujahideen...It is plausible that had we not done so, russia never would have invaded in the first place.....source

This incident, it can be shown, was due mostly to these people's disregard for their own safety, for whom they have no one to blame but themselves.

My recollection of history might be somewhat muddled, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong. 9/11 happened. The american people are never given a clear idea of who is responsible, as no one actually claimed responsibility. In fact, Usama Bin Laden came up and said, Nope wasnt me. The only thing even resembling "proof" of his guilt, was a grainy video we "stumbled upon" in "pakistan" a couple years later with a guy who may or may not have even been Bin Laden, saying "Yeah I knew about it before it happened." Hardly an admission of guilt. Through the media, the government was able to insinuate that Bin Laden was indeed responsible, without actually making the claim - even to this day.

So now the people are thoroughly convinced of who their enemy is, and we were seeing red, and We Wanted Blood.

We had "intel" that bin laden was in afghanistan. We said " Taliban!.....We know you gots him!!! Extradites him now!!1!!!1! "

Taliban says " Ummm, yeah he's here. Got any proof it was him, cause if so it'll make the whole process alot easier. Otherwise we really cant extradite him, ya know, without proof."

US says in response....."You wont extradite!?!?!" "BOMB THEM!"

So basically, im fighting a sovereign people, who dont want us here, under completely false pretenses. Yep......it really does sound to me like We are the "bad guys".
Trust me when I say that by and large, the locals are just like you and me. They play with their kids, they raise crops and cattle. They love the ideals of liberty. Some others, just like in the US, live their lives based on fear. You see, these folks generally have what I call it a sense of honor - something most folks the world over it seems have forgotten about. It goes like this: If you hurt something or someone that I love, and I dont at least try to seek vengeance, then i am not a man.

The only reason we have a continued fight here, is because we are here..fighting them.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

Great response Bloodofheroes. You know your history well. Before the Russian invasion Kabul was actually a modern city. (!) Imagine that. Thanks to the designs of Brezinski we got the Russians to invade Afghanistan for the reasons you cited.
It was always only about the unocal pipeline and the damn opium and geopolitical posturing.
It's my beleif that the endgame target here is really Pakistan.

Thanks for your service Bloodofheroes. Regardless of the politics for our being there I support you and your brothers and sisters serving over there. Best of luck to you. May you come home soon.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes

The only reason we have a continued fight here, is because we are here..fighting them.

Truer words have never been spoken... excellent post

I would add that even if there had been concrete proof that the Taliban were involved in 9/11, even if they were knowingly harboring Bin Laden at the time and even if the goals of the U.S. and co. were so ennobled and beneficient as to not be questioned, we then stood, and stand now, with absolutely nothing to gain by continuing this protracted war. A war of "liberation" some now call it... with all respect to the people in that ravaged hell of a place, I don't think they, the Taliban or anyone else would know what to do with our concept of "freedom" even if they had it. You can't drag people living in the 13th century into the 21st. Colonial nations tried with various nations in Africa - we wound up with Darfur, the Sudan and Ruwanda.

I'm not suggesting the Taliban are beacons of light... far from it. I detest their barbarism and interpretation of Islam and believe the world would be better off without them... yet that is not for me or anyone else to decide. When the Afghan people decide they've had enough, they'll have their revolution in their own time. Just as we had ours, just as the French had theirs and so on. It can't be dictated to them.

Sorry if I just rambled on incoherently, stream of consciousness and all.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Goodwill mission or not, travelling thru that area without security or weapons makes about as much sense as swimming thru shark-infested waters wearing a swim suit made of bacon.

I'm sorry for the family of these people, and the loss to the medical mission, but I think that they autodarwinated themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I wish that I could say I am surprised, but I am not.

These doctors were murdered by the Taliban. The Taliban has claimed responsibility. Did any of you express unreserved outrage? No...

Instead we have a weak mixture of history lessons about American involvement in funding of the mujahideen against the Soviet Union (highly relevant to the incident being discussed), fitting about poppy fields and pipelines, paranoia-induced rants abouts American Special Forces...or drones.

Let's see, what else...ummm...maybe Bin Laden wasn't behind 9/11 (do we really have to post links to his personal admission again?), the U.S. wouldn't provide proof to the Taliban, if an Afghan male does not try to seek vengeance then he is not really a man (this, finally, makes sense of this massacre...).

They got what they deserved, shouldn't have been there, they have noone to blame but themselves...

If Canadian forces entered a hospital in Kabul, lined up eight Afghan doctors and shot them in the head execution-style, there would be an ATS thread that would light up like a Christmas tree...hundreds of posts howling about how evil the West is, how we have no respect for the lives of innocent Afghans, etc., etc.

It seems that people here are so locked into their perspectives, that they can no longer make a clear judgement on straightforward events. Murder is murder...if you do it or I do it.

If Americans do it...or if Afghans do it. If Al Qaeda does it...or if the CIA does it.

But why is it so many of you only cry foul if it is the West responsible for a misdeed?

Some of you need to step back from you pat, knee-jerk, convoluted thinking when something like this happrens...and just admit that a simple act of completely unnecessary violence was perpetrated by a band of murderers (forget their stripe long enough to see clearly) - and call a simple spade a simple spade.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
They got what they deserved, shouldn't have been there, they have noone to blame but themselves...

I don't feel that they, "got what they deserve" but were playing a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

If Canadian forces entered a hospital in Kabul, lined up eight Afghan doctors and shot them in the head execution-style, there would be an ATS thread that would light up like a Christmas tree...hundreds of posts howling about how evil the West is, how we have no respect for the lives of innocent Afghans, etc., etc.

You got that right!!! I bet it would be about 20 pages long by now with every 'tard chiming in their lame two cents on how evil the US is. But when the Taliban does something like this, you rarely hear a word.

But why is it so many of you only cry foul if it is the West responsible for a misdeed?

Because many are simpleminded d-bags.

I wonder if the Taliban forgot about their new "code of conduct" book?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There can be no denial that an undeniably despicable act had been done by the animals taliban, amongst many more barbaric so.

Let this serve as a warning to outsiders. Get the hell out of Afghanistan today! You have ABSOLUTELY no right to be there, even on aid mission that are NOT sanctioned by the soveriegn national govt of Afghanistan.

If there had been, thOse precious doctors and other aid workers would NOT had been sacrificed and murdered. Should the nation require aid workers and request for muslim workers, there is no need to be religiously jealous, for we are all only worshipping the same Creator, only in different system and form.

It's not the system that matters, but help offered to the innocent civilians, and eastern aid workers are no different in ethics and capability than western ones.

Freedom cannot be bestowed upon and fought by others. It have to be fought by the citizens themselves. If they chose not to fight, it will be their choice and NO other nation has the right to interfere. There will be immense suffering by the ordinary citizens, but it is only a fate that they brought upon themselves by not fighting against their oppressors, as well as their free will made.

Should they need arms, if that is the only viable option left, they can get it from the international arms market who will be more than willing to sell.

In time, they will be awakened, and overthrow their oppressors and determine their own future. Meanwhile, no one should interfere. Let each society progress at their own pace while protecting their own. Should the taliban as a nation declares war on the world, then it will be a different story, and will be wiped off the map by other nations.

There are riches in Afghanistan, but it belongs to the soveriegn people. Should other countries or industries covert them, it will their responsibilities on their own, and no precious young soldier's lives be made to sacrifice for the fat cats in corporations.

In the past, we had various freedom radios to reach into oppressed nations to awaken our fellow brothers and sisters to freedom. But in this modern digital age and modern interdependent economies, the digital medium will be the means to help them comprehend and understand the power and responsibilities of freedom so that they may on their free decide for themselves the path of their society.

GET THE BOYS OUT OF AFGHANISTAN NOW AND LET THE TALIBAN DESTROY THEMSELVES!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Guys, this wasn’t the Taliban most local sources are pointing to a robbery, just because the Taliban say it was they done it doesn’t make it true.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is all over the news here in the UK.

BBC Link
www.bbc.co.uk...

Tom Little, an optometrist from New York who had been working in Afghanistan for more than 30 years.

Was one of those killed, he obvously had no political allegiance as he had 'seen it all'

These people were there to help the Afghan's, provided medical care which is sadly lacking there.

Forget the politics this was a group of people who gave their medical expertise freely and were brutally mowed down by thugs.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hmmm...for those asking for more sources - here is one from Iran that I often see used in various posts for various reasons..

Press TV - Foreign doctors killed in Afghanistan

"The police chief of Badakhshan Province says that they are still investigating the issue but he said that the findings of the preliminary investigation show that they have been killed by unidentified gunmen," a Press TV correspondent reported.

At the same time, the Taliban said that its forces has killed "nine Christian missionaries" on Friday.

"Yesterday at around 8 a.m., one of our patrols confronted a group of foreigners. They were Christian missionaries and we killed them all," said Zabihullah Mujahed, a spokesman for the Taliban.

Mujahed said the people dead involved five men, four women and one Afghan national.

"They were carrying Persian language bibles, a satellite-tracking device and maps," he said.

Take from it what you will. Either you are going to think the Taliban killed them, robbers killed them, the US killed them, or its unknown who killed them.

Either you are going to think it was murder, that it is sad but understandable, or that they had it coming and may have deserved it.

I've read many threads here and its kind of sad, but people are gonna think what they are going to think.

I used to think it was possible for one side to admit there might be some good on the other side - or some bad on their side... I've about given up hope of that - from either side.

So for what its worth - there is another report. Blame who you will.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sadly, my wife's childhood friend was among these people. He was killed at just 25 years of age, teaching kids how to brush their teeth and handing out glasses for those who needed them.

Its an incredibly tragic world we live in when those with great hearts are slain so mercilessly

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yes we shouldn't be there, i agree wholeheartedly with that and yes in some cases i believe Pharmaceutical companies are using impoverished areas as testing grounds for vaccines and 'other things' (almost certainly without the knowledge of those doctors administering the injections) - But this is very few and far between. 99% of aid workers are innocent of such deviousness.

BUT I just can't understand the mentality of the types of people who kill doctors and aid workers and peaceful types...

Killing soldiers is... well... that's war i guess. But aid workers are people who have taken great sacrifices to be in some of the most dangerous parts of a war zone under the banner of neutrality and peace, and only wish to help the injured.

Some times i really think that some of our black ops (probably not true military) are the very same types of people who do these deeds for the media and general public outcry.

Or then again it COULD be the Taliban, as some of these people are barbaric in custom and nature, and maybe the aid workers were easy prey?

Or the Taliban might just be claiming the deaths of others? Bandits maybe?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Just to add, organizations like this are often thought to be spies and operatives, and sometimes they are. Anyone there is usually informed of the risks when they go in, but either way, it's sad. But the worst part of all this might be that they may even have been killed with weapons your money paid for. That's messed up. We need to get out of there.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowfoot
Sadly, my wife's childhood friend was among these people. He was killed at just 25 years of age, teaching kids how to brush their teeth and handing out glasses for those who needed them.

Its an incredibly tragic world we live in when those with great hearts are slain so mercilessly

I am sorry that it has taken so long for me to reply to your post.

I am sure that your wife is in shock right now, and cannot fathom why this has happened to her friend. No one, except the murderers responsible, can ever understand why something like this would be visited upon people who were only there to help unfortunates.

My heart goes out to her. I hope you are able to provide her with some comfort as she attempts to sort this out.

It is sad enough when soldiers (who all have families and other loved ones) on either side of a conflict fall. It is sadder still when innocent civilians are killed or injured in the crossfire (or errant targeting) of a military engagement.

But, it is truly mind blowing when apolitical people, who are running the "normal" bodily risks of a war zone to help other people...are pulled aside and literally executed for no valid reason.

I am truly sorry for your wife's loss.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Thank you very much Mobiusmale. It has been gut wrenching for her, her family and their small hometown community. It has been especially challenging as we were not allowed to mention anyone but the Docs by name for some reason.

Brian was one of two college aged kids, that was practicing what he believed in vollunteering to help Dentists and Opthmologists provide much needed care to children that had never even seen a toothbrush before. It makes this grown man cry.

Thank you so much for your kind words, my wife is doing better, I hope Brians family can make it through this terrible time ok.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join