It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Lothian Ufo Sighting flooding in this month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well it looks like West Lothian is getting an influx of Ufo activity this month.

My local paper has just ran a story claiming numerous sighting have been reported:

And a Livingston man named Glenn wrote about strange objects he saw in the early hours of July 17. He said: “I was walking the dog then looked skyward into a very heavily clouded sky.

Further details on the sightings can be read in full:
www.westlothiancourier.co.uk...

We have had some pretty poor weather over livingston this past week. Each night has been dense cloud cover so ive not had a change to get out for some sky watching.

If the members from Livingston / West Lothian can keep an eye to the skies over the next few weeks lets see if we can add anything to these sightings.

I myself will be doing a bit more digging into the forementioned sightings and will let you know what i find.

MOD EDIT:
Add proper external source codes

Please read: Posting work written by others.

[edit on August 7th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

Zeetroyman.....

“There was a large gap in the clouds and I watched eight to 10 red lights at approx 40,000 feet in a triangular formation. They seemed to be moving in a steady formation from east to west over Livingston"

Ummm.....

I don't think I could even begin to imagine what those red lights could have been.

I wonder if anybody else can think of anything.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Yep i know what your saying..

If you read the sightings in the link provided then im sure you can agree we are not seeing lanterns all the time. Especially with Liz from Bathgates sighting.

If you are not aware, Livingston is where the Dechmont Law ufo incident took place and the attempted abduction of Bob Taylor.

I myself have posted sightings that i have witnessed personally in Livingston on ATS. Feel free to look up my username and posts.

People with "chinese lanterns" as there instant reply without looking at the full picture need not reply.

Some ATS members are trying to post new sightings rather than those who post "britain releases ufo files" posts for the 42nd time this week.

On a side note, ive been a ufo enthuisiast for over 30 years and reguralry sky watch in livingston either from Dechmont law or the pentland hills. To this date i have NEVER seen a chinese lantern.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by zeetroyman]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Zeetroyman.....

I promise you I'm one guy who hates stating that something appears to be chinese lanterns. Every time I do that, I wince.

But.....well......

Read that description.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
hmm, I find this quiet intersting..
Becouse of what they describe. Last year, juli, at mate called me and said "mate, there is a UFO over your house, seriusly!" I didnt belive him ofc, but I went out, and there a big red light was flying really steady. And just to point out, it was flying against the wind. So we quickly crossed out flare/latern. But the thing is that we video taped it, but It didnt show anything on the video? like they say in the report

“We tried to get a photograph of them but it didn’t turn out."

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There was a thread here earlier today stating that 4chan/anonymous were planning to hoax a mass UFO sighting.

The plan mentioned blue triangular crafts.

Of course, the exact details could have changed, since the planning was exposed.

Can't seem to find the thread though.

Just something to bare in mind for any mass sightings.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Ypperst.....

...a big red light was flying really steady. And just to point out, it was flying against the wind...

The problem is, the wind can vary in direction & strength with just modest variations in altitude.

Therefore, how can you be sure the "big red light was flying against the wind"?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
There was a thread here earlier today stating that 4chan/anonymous were planning to hoax a mass UFO sighting.
The plan mentioned blue triangular crafts.
Of course, the exact details could have changed, since the planning was exposed.
Can't seem to find the thread though.
Just something to bare in mind for any mass sightings.

Chadwickus me ol' mate!

'ere you go!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Just thought it would be worthwhile to let you guys know that im from livingston, and i've seen nothing lately, and the sources that have seen them, not all of them are exactly credible. This post i saw on facebook for example, "awww man i totally just a ufo, wit are they dain"

On a side note i have released alot of chinese lanterns the past two weeks, sometimes even in pairs, the last one i released being 2 days ago

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

What do you think?

I see that thread has been moved to BTS.

I think it should have been started in RATS f it had any credibility behind it, would have kept the leak on the down low.

[edit on 7/8/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

What do you think?
I see that thread has been moved to BTS.
I think it should have been started in RATS f it had any credibility behind it, would have kept the leak on the down low.

Chadwickus.....

I agree.....& I was very surprised to see it moved to BTS.

On the one hand.....

I thought maybe they were trying to bury it so as not to cop any flack from those guys.

On the other hand.....

If that concern existed, they should have 404'd it.

Yeah.....BTS'ing it seems to make little sense.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Well actually it wasent that much about if it was a flare or not, or if it was flying against the wind or not. The thing I wanted to point out, was that it didnt show up on the video. And the reason why we think it flew against the wind, was becouse the clouds were going the other direction. (The red light flew into the cloud)

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Zeetroyman.....

“There was a large gap in the clouds and I watched eight to 10 red lights at approx 40,000 feet in a triangular formation. They seemed to be moving in a steady formation from east to west over Livingston"

Ummm.....

I don't think I could even begin to imagine what those red lights could have been.

I wonder if anybody else can think of anything.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I could not possibly think

A CLFO maybe

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Yes. You are right. Most people don't know about wind layers. Most people don't even know what creates the wind.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well I have been a reader of the topics on ats for a number of years and I have never had the need too post until tonight. At 23:15 I was woken up by some guys walking back too there flat now I have not long moved into a third floor flat do I do usually have a look too see what's going on as my car is parked next too the path. Anyway as I am looking from my bedroom window you can see right out too the fields too armadale which is the next town. As I am looking I look up at the sky I see this bright light hovering above the fields for about a few seconds as I try too get my iPhone cam I just see a flash as it shot straight up in the air just say in there not k owing what to do so I looked about for five mins and nothing in the sky so I thought that if it was a UFO then I think it is gone so went back too bed now anyone reading this knows not many planes fly over but what happens next I can't explain I was lying here and all of a Suddon there is a loud boom and the walls shake ishot nothing I the sky and can't explain?

top topics

join