It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Holocaust-denying website angers Israe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

JERUSALEM — A new Iranian website that denies and mocks the Holocaust with cartoons showing Jews as hook-nosed worms burrowing holes through a history book provoked outrage in Israel on Thursday.

The site, holocartoons.com, features caricatures including a Jew with a hook nose and a black hat emblazoned with a Star of David tracing fake bodies on the ground at a concentration camp. The website design uses Nazi imagery, with the icon for flipping pages marked with a swastika.

So I go and visit the website

So I started reading it in English, first thing which pops up is:

Dedicated to all those who were killed under the pretext of the Holocaust

Very interesting, I suspect it is talking about Palestinians, but who knows, that is my speculations.

> so I click "next":

Then it clicked, it is a damn book, the preface explains the objectives of the book to expose the Holocaust lies which has been used to justify the occupation and prosecution of Palestine and Palestinian people.

It also separates Jews from Zionists.

It is a website worth visiting.

Someone critique it because I currently don't have the time to flip through the pages.

Thanks in advance..

gg

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

There is no doubt a Holocaust occured during WW11, as happened in WW1.

How many Jews died and how they died is the question.

Along with, who financed and planned the war.

I have always found it sad that MANY people of different religions and races died in WW11 but all we are supposed to remember is the Jewish Holocaust...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Holocaust was. But many more russians died.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Can you post a link to the article, please?

Thanks!

- Lee

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
You should link to the article... else... How can anyone answer?

OTOH - I suspect this is nothing new. Iran has quite the market share in the denying industry ...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Can you link to one of the pages after the intro page? It's not loading for me and I can't find a 'skip intro' button.

I never thought I'd give the whole 'holocaust-denial' thing a second thought, but recently I've been thinking that it really couldn't hurt to just look at the argument, especially seeing things like this...

By all means ignore the video titles, and just listen to the things he's saying.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I am just wondering about the phrase "holocaust denial industry".
It is an obvious cop of the phrase "Holocaust industry"...how do people who question the suppression of the study of the facts profit compared to the Billions given Zionist Israel, or get things like the bargain sub marines Germany has been forced to bargain out to Israel.
Do holocaust deniers get paid by the US tax dollar to build their own missle systems, or have Nuclear weapons?

Kind of like the stolen phrase Islamofacscists...you can't have fascism in a culture that doesn't have usury...unless fascist bankers get control of the government through the spreading of "democracy".

just wondering.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
doesn't Iran have a fairly decent sized Jewish population? it's not really Iran's holocaust- denying website is it more like someone in Iran's holocaust denying website. every country has there Nazi's however i don't blame anyone for being sick of the way israel play the holocaust card anytime there caught with there hands in the cookie jar so to speak. i think they promote anti semitism themselves so they can be the poor victim regardless of what there doing. how any other people died at the hands of the Nazi's you don't here them crying about it. call me anti semitic the fact is i don't mind Jews, Zionist on the other hand should be wiped of this planet before they can commit anymore harm!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Pretty easy: Holocaust Denying is obviously financially attractive - look at all the books you can buy on the topic. There's hardly a site about the "holohoax" that doesn't advocate reading and buying certain books - that's why I call it an industry. It's like chemtrails and the NWO stuff - most of the info on the net is tied to a "buy here" button.

Being an academic myself I can tell you that there isn't much money in pubishing scholarly work; there's no money in articles and scholarly bookd deals are mostly tilted to the publishers. There's not much money to be made by supporting the idea that the holocaust happened.

So my standard for the use of "industry" is quite simple: Any topic that seems to heavily promote the idea of buying specialized literature will be given the "Industry" name by me.

It's not a reversal of anything. It's just my observation.

Or else provide me with one example of a scholarly work that was sponsored by "zionists" .... It seems pretty clear to me where the money is to be made. As an academic I can guarantee you that the university is not the place to do so. So the financial incentive is clearly on the other side of the argument.

BTW - I don't think that the fact that Iran is one of the major locations where antisemitic propaganda is cooked up is contested by anyone. That doesn't mean that Iran is bad or Isreal is good or anything... just an observation: Many of the "jewish conspiracy" ideas originate in the Middle East, especially Iran. And obviously, in Iran and the middle east (as in the western world) there is money to be made with such talk.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Anyone else having trouble with the site?

Each page is about a paragraph long, and it's taken me almost an hour to get to page 25, and it won't load any more.

The combination of snarky sarcasm, jumbled translations, and ridiculous load times has me wanting to read more, but deeply annoyed at the same time...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I was annoyed with the load time also, I didn't have enough time to go through it, and I’ll try again and see how far I can get.

I don't know whether the load time is in regards to the size of each page, or the excessive viewers slowing down the server.

Need to contact the Website owner and ask whats up.

Link to original article.
www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NichirasuKenshin

I was just about to take you seriously until you brought the anti-Semitic card on the table then I was like, what ever

In seriouse but dry notes, there is nothing else left to talk about in regards to zionist ideas, those ideas have already been deeply rooted within Western societies.

Now Zionists invest in hiding and demonizing the "truthers", who are willing to expose an agenda based BS.

When you call someone who questions the official account an anti-Semite, or call the research an anti-Semite research, whose money do you think injected that in your head?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The argument isn't that Jews were not killed it is the manner and number that is in question. But to question it at all will put you in prison in Europe.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Stateless Person

Right you are! Now what is the greator "Halocaust" 6 million Jews or 100 million Russians?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

I was just about to take you seriously until you brought the anti-Semitic card on the table then I was like, what ever

Uhm. Are you denying that there is a prominent element of anti-semitism based out of Iran?

Or are you denying that there is such a thing as anti.semitism?

For you this may be a normative term. For me it isn't. "Anti-Semitism" is a descriptive label as far as I am concerned... It means as much as: sharing the (unsubstantiated) beliefs of what is historically called "Anti-Semitism".

I don't see how that is playing the Anti-Semitism card. All I'm saying is.. There's people in Iran that deny the Holocaust ever happened? Wow... Big new's... That's been so since... The 1940's. I did not say they're all anti-semites.
But to say that Iran is the birth-place of much of the Anti-jewish folklore nowadays is pretty well established. I'm neither implicating the state nor the people. Just saying it has been - traditionally - one of the hotbeds of anti-jewish (especially anti-israel) thinking.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
But to question it at all will put you in prison in Europe.

That's simply not true.

It is the manner that you use in presenting your arguments that decides who falls under these laws and who not.

If you could make a serious, source-based argument that is open to peer-review and adheres to the scientific method and your conclusion is that neither the "official" way used for killing the jews (there wasn't 1 single way, but hey...) nor the "official" (there's no "official" count, but anyways) number is totally off you won't get indicted.

The laws are pretty clear. Blanket denial and the propagation of hate will get you indicted.... "Just asking questions" won't get you indicted.

Of course there will always be those people who understand "just asking questions" the way that GLenn Beck resp. Eric Cartman understands it. But "just asking questions" in the traditional sense never got anyone indicted under those laws.

But then again to know that you would actually have to look up the individual cases to come to that conclusion. And who's up for that? Just repeating unsourced claims about these "horrible" laws seems to do well too....

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

David John Cawdell Irving (born 24 March 1938) is an English writer specializing in the military history of World War II.[1] He is the author of 30 books on the subject, including The Destruction of Dresden (1963), Hitler's War (1977), Uprising! (1981), Churchill's War (1987), and Goebbels: Mastermind of the Third Reich (1996).

And what do you mean by scholar?

That can be argued also.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
These preposterous claims anger anybody who has the slightest knowledge of world history; but it's actually laughable, if you think about it.

....Wallowing in ignorance. I can't even imagine anyone seriously believes this anymore than I can believe there are people who believe the world is flat. It's surely just something they say for attention, no matter how negative it might be.

They say these things because they derive pleasure from being deliberately antagonistic. Either that or they are immensely uneducated, and live under a rock. IMO.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
These preposterous claims anger anybody who has the slightest knowledge of world history; but it's actually laughable, if you think about it.

....Wallowing in ignorance. I can't even imagine anyone seriously believes this anymore than I can believe there are people who believe the world is flat. It's surely just something they say for attention, no matter how negative it might be.

They say these things because they derive pleasure from being deliberately antagonistic. Either that or they are immensely uneducated, and live under a rock. IMO.

Let's see if you know what you are talking about.

I can't even imagine anyone seriously believes this anymore

Believe in what specifically?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NichirasuKenshin

Originally posted by Danbones

Pretty easy: Holocaust Denying is obviously financially attractive - look at all the books you can buy on the topic. There's hardly a site about the "holohoax" that doesn't advocate reading and buying certain books - that's why I call it an industry. It's like chemtrails and the NWO stuff - most of the info on the net is tied to a "buy here" button.

Being an academic myself I can tell you that there isn't much money in pubishing scholarly work; there's no money in articles and scholarly bookd deals are mostly tilted to the publishers. There's not much money to be made by supporting the idea that the holocaust happened.

So my standard for the use of "industry" is quite simple: Any topic that seems to heavily promote the idea of buying specialized literature will be given the "Industry" name by me.

It's not a reversal of anything. It's just my observation.

Or else provide me with one example of a scholarly work that was sponsored by "zionists" .... It seems pretty clear to me where the money is to be made. As an academic I can guarantee you that the university is not the place to do so. So the financial incentive is clearly on the other side of the argument.

BTW - I don't think that the fact that Iran is one of the major locations where antisemitic propaganda is cooked up is contested by anyone. That doesn't mean that Iran is bad or Isreal is good or anything... just an observation: Many of the "jewish conspiracy" ideas originate in the Middle East, especially Iran. And obviously, in Iran and the middle east (as in the western world) there is money to be made with such talk.

In order to prove you wrong, I typed in "Holocaust Denial" into a library homepage and this is what I got

catalog.columbuslibrary.org...

only one book can be said to be neutral, the rest are pro-Israel.

So is there any wonder holocaust denial books have to be sold online? You can't find them in a public place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join