It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barcelona Exopolitics Summit: The Reasons for no official government disclosure being possible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This doesnt seem to have been posted on ATS. At least I couldnt find it. So if a thread already exists about this, its my mistake and a moderator can choose to close the thread or let it run anyway.

Its about a very interesting panel discussion moderated by Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy (Project Camelot). Its from Barcelona Exopolitics Summit in 2009. They are discussing some very good reasons for why there is no official disclosure and why there wont be one.

I will not sum up the reasons here. Its better if you watch these videos and take part of the discussion. There are many different opinions and all are pretty much valid from the speakers specific point of view.

Featuring (left to right): Paola Harris, Brian O'Leary, Bob Dean, Stephen Bassett, Kerry Cassidy, Bill Ryan, Michael Salla, Alfred Webre, Nick Pope, and Robert Fleischer.

After watching this, I would like to know if you agree with their reasons and if you still believe its possible that the government will do the disclosure at some point in time, and how they will manage it without getting lynched.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

The Exo team are unlikely to have any influence on the possibilities of 'disclosure.' They essentially represent the lunatic fringe of ufology.

It's easy to start accusing them all of being crazy or fraudulent, but I've come to suspect that some of them are sincere in their beliefs. In a way, they have the innocent beliefs shared by the 50s contactee movements.

So why are the Exo team considered lunatic fringe? A large part of the reason is how they can spend hours discussing the relationships between Governments, shadow governments, good aliens and bad aliens. They're arguing over how many 'aliens' can dance on the head of a pin...when they don't actually know if there is a pin.

Example...

According to Dr. Wolf, several confederations of extraterrestrial civilizations are visiting us in loosely-coordinated fashion. These are: the Alliance (of human-looking ETs from the Altair Aquila system), the Corporate (of Greys from the Zeta Reticuli system), the Federation of Worlds (of unspecified races from many star systems), and the United Races of Orion (cultures from those star systems). Further, the Alliance is in affiliation with the Corporate and with the Federation of Worlds. The United Races of Orion are in affiliation with the Corporate, and, through them, with the Alliance and the Federation of Worlds.
ET Motivations (Exopolitics)

Team Exo have no proof or evidence to back up anything they say. Nada. So how can they generate so much fanciful debate about something that's essentially as much a fantasy as a TV show? When they try to bring evidence they cite Clifford Stone (fantasist), Bob Dean (BS con-artist), Sgt Wolf (lying hoaxer) and Source A (stolen valour, liar, hoaxer). They provide images that are already identified or known hoaxes. Earlier in the year, they released a photo of a man in shorts and polo-shirt and identified him as an alien.

On top of this apparent chaos, they offer 'Certificates in Galactic Diplomacy' and 'Certificates in Exopolitics!' Copernicus, I don't want this to seem like a thread derailer...it's not my intention at all. It's more like a heads up to how far out there these guys are.

Put it this way, imagine 10 well-educated adults sitting round a table discussing who's imaginary friend is the best?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank you for your opinions.

I can tell you didnt watch the videos though because they are not about the beliefs put forward by the Exopolitics web site. The guy behind the site is a member of the panel. Just like you have politicians on TV who's beliefs you may not agree with, there is going to be people you dont trust in these videos as well. That is not a good reason to disregard the messages put forward by the other people in the conference.

I hope that people who read this take part of this information and do not disregard it based on your opinion. If they want to agree with you after watching the video, thats fine.

People have to stop listening to what others think and start thinking and taking part of information themselves. Why? Because its their gut feeling, not yours, that have to decide weather or not they believe, and what parts they believe, in this information.

All information goes through a persons perception filter. Thats why its important for everybody to run it through their own filter, and not someone elses. This is about every person out there making his own decision. Its not about everybody agreeing.

So like I said, thank you for your opinions.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
And Dr Steven Greer claimed in Barcelona that he would have a G8 country Disclose if the US did not heed his word. LOL the audacity im all for it but really? Some foreign nation is going to bend over backwards for a ER doctor? These countries follow whatever the US PTB say. Not going to happen IMO.

Well the deadline is here and im not holding my breath

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I can tell you didnt watch the videos though because they are not about the beliefs put forward by the Exopolitics web site.

Plus I don't have 3 hours to donate to listening to Team Exo and I couldn't get the first video to play past the intro. I'd usually skim or watch a video linked in an OP.

Perhaps you'd be gracious enough to provide 3 or 4 of their reasons? A lot of ATSers can't watch video...for the time being that includes me. At least you'd be enabling more people to partake in a discussion. On the other hand, I'm under the impression that very few people take the Exo folk very seriously and might not choose to post.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Plus I don't have 3 hours to donate to listening to Team Exo and I couldn't get the first video to play past the intro. I'd usually skim or watch a video linked in an OP.

If you cant put 3 hours into this, you cant be very interested in it.

Perhaps you'd be gracious enough to provide 3 or 4 of their reasons? A lot of ATSers can't watch video...for the time being that includes me. At least you'd be enabling more people to partake in a discussion. On the other hand, I'm under the impression that very few people take the Exo folk very seriously and might not choose to post.

Anyone who watches this video will be able to give you that information, and if you seem to be genuinely interested in it based on their perception of you, Im sure they will.

And as for what others will think of this.... it shouldnt be of any importance to you personally unless you base your own opinions based on what others think of it?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Typical closed minded response man!

You and I both know why disclosure won't happen, it's those darned skeptics!

Well it's either that, or the fact that no one has bothered to pay Steven Greer to visit his alien moth ranch.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

He's that evasive, I reckon he hasn't spent three hours on the BS either

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Honestly Copernicus, it would take me 12 days to watch a three hour movie. A half hour movie on the internet gets me FAP'ped on my internet for 24 hours, so every other day I could watch half an hours worth ~IF~ I could actually bypass the parts I've already seen.

Can you give the pertinent points to the video? Not everyone is blessed with quality high speed.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

No, you need to watch it so the original message is not affected by the messenger (me). If I pick out things from the 3 hours, it will be my selection of it and not the original message anymore. You need the entire context.

If you really want to watch these videos, surely there are friends who have working internet connections so you can get it from them on a usb stick or whatever? It doesnt seem to be a unsolvable problem.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I have never seen a forum thread where the OP refused to discuss their own content. It's absurd.

Your complaints that the UFO forum 'lacks progress' is kinda undermined by this thread. You pull up a video from last year and refuse to explain its contents. Rather than improving 'progress,' you've actively stalled it. The irony of this is classic.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Actually it isn't that easy. I live very rurally and most of my friends don't even have internet or a computer. I'll pass on the discussion since you can't post salient points.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have not seen the movies yet because my workplace has some major slow connection, but I have a theory (and it seems logical at least to me
) on why there is no disclosure.

The reason is simple , they can't , well they could but then some major bad things would happen . I did a thread on that in my early days on ATS if somebody wants to look it up , but in short , imagine a situation in which aliens are not so benevolent as we think they are , they use us like a big social/genetic experiment , but they let us live in "peace" , until their testing environment gets disturbed with the knowledge of them.

After that , well its time to "reset" the lab conditions and put fresh monkeys in

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Thill]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

That is perhaps one of the best summations of the Exopolitics crowd and their mentality yet. Very insightful. These are people peddling religion influenced by imagination-poor science-fiction.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
No chnce in hell ubtill the ships land.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I have never seen a forum thread where the OP refused to discuss their own content. It's absurd.

Your complaints that the UFO forum 'lacks progress' is kinda undermined by this thread. You pull up a video from last year and refuse to explain its contents. Rather than improving 'progress,' you've actively stalled it. The irony of this is classic.

Why should I explain its contents to you? Its a video for you to watch if you want to. Obviously you have passed on it because you were not interested.

What is ironic here is that you are claiming I am stalling your progress when you are the one who choose to not watch the video.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Astronomically preposterous: the stars in "Orion" have no particular physical geometric relationship in actual space, except when viewed specifically from Earth.

join