It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American VIP humiliated at airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
"Prof. Donna Shalala, Clinton's secretary of health, arrives in Israel in order to fight academic boycott against Israel, claims she was held at Ben-Gurion Airport just because she has Arab last name "

Here is a lady that is actually a "friend" of Israel that was intent on helping Israel. Seems to me the Israelis need to rein in their airport security. This is a major "goof" as the Israelis were advised in advanced that she should be accorded VIP status.

www.ynetnews.com...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by gem_man]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Why give her VIP status?

Politicians and celebrities have two feet and a brain. They can wait in line like the rest of us. If the guy in front of her and the woman behind her have to go through customs and immigration questioning then she should too.

Too damn many"special" cases running around thinking they are above the rest.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I wouldn't expect anything else from a spoiled self-serving fascist quasi-state.

Lets see what happens, yanks will bend over and take it.

Politicians should be handled differently in these kind of circumstances badgerprints.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Why give her VIP status?

Politicians and celebrities have two feet and a brain. They can wait in line like the rest of us. If the guy in front of her and the woman behind her have to go through customs and immigration questioning then she should too.

They gave here VIP status because she was a VERY IMPORTANT PERSON

Are you saying Clinton's secretary of health isn't and important person?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Why give her VIP status?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
She was Clinton's secretary of health during the Clinton administration. Let's see now... After Clinton, there's Bush Jr. and now Obama.

I'm not exactly a fan of the "important" status of a person particularly the ones that have already become "was".

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Unregistered]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
And I'm suppose to feel bad that a "VIP" gets treated like the rest of us?

Originally posted by gem_man
"Prof. Donna Shalala, Clinton's secretary of health, arrives in Israel in order to fight academic boycott against Israel, claims she was held at Ben-Gurion Airport just because she has Arab last name "

Here is a lady that is actually a "friend" of Israel that was intent on helping Israel. Seems to me the Israelis need to rein in their airport security. This is a major "goof" as the Israelis were advised in advanced that she should be accorded VIP status.

www.ynetnews.com...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by gem_man]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The Israelis are thugs. They obviously have just as much of a screwed up bureaucracy as we do, where the thugs on the left hand don't know what the thugs on the right hand are doing. Screw Israel.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Everyone and their mums are getting harassed at Ben Gurion airport for looking remotely arabic, sporting an arabic last name. Not even if you have a Swedish or British passport helps.

What's new with this story? Nothing! Same thugs, different day.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Why give her VIP status?

That's the joke of it she was given VIP status to avoid the embarrassing to Israel greeting she was likely to get on arrival in Israel in possession of an Arab sounding name.

Don't like your Arabs over there you see, your average Israeli customs officer can't see the big "let's try to look nice" picture, all he can see is a chance to be legally mean to the "ENEMY".

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythic Chris

Why give her VIP status?

She is part of a Government Delegation or whatever But she is still a passenger on a plane with other PEOPLE..

If you read Animal Farm then I'm sure you remember that
'everyone is equal but some are more equal than others'...

What was the rush for her not to wait in line ??

Maybe she has gone one brain and three legs, one cleverly disguised?? Maybe she's from another race oh hang on that's another thread I think....

Regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
On the corporate travel front, we use a "VIP" service for all our business travelers to Israel. Travelers are registered ahead of the visit through the service and are fast-tracked through when arriving and departing and thus miss all the hassles of waiting around going through endless screenings.

So, as "VIP" traveler, I am sure US political or connected travelers get the same service every time. This looks simply like harrassment due to her name, nothing more. It's also an indication of their bloody mindedness and racism.
I wonder if, privately, she is still lock-step with her boss in her grovelling to Israel superiority?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
No, she's really not important. She's a public servant like the rest of them. That means they serve the public. It doesn't mean they are special, magical or superior.

They are not any more important than an average citizen.

As a matter of fact, the average citizen is the one who makes it possible for all of these political "VIPs" to have jobs.

They are not royalty and they damn sure don't pay for it out of their pockets. The mindless attitude that these people are somehow special and above the rest of us is why governments are so full of arrogant idiots in the first place. Let these fools live in the real world and stop enabling their crap. I'd like to see a politician stand in a hot terminal for a few hours shuffling a step forward every ten minutes, sweating, tired, counting people ahead of them and checking the clock for the thousandth time.

Then they can take the special person to the side and 'interrogate', 'humiliate', or whatever you are calling a security check nowdays.

Hell, I'm no VIP but I get my fair share of 'humiliation' every time I fly in and out of the places I work because I DON'T have an arabic name. Maybe I should get an appointment for political office so I can officially be a victim too.

No sympathy for her. Let her go find her way through customs just like everybody else.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 7-8-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythic Chris

Why give her VIP status?

Maybe they think this is gone too far... from the first name and middle name of the president to the last names of VIPs.

top topics

join