It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law on police to be discussed nationwide on the web – Medvedev

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If this was happening in America right now under the current administration...many folks on here would call it a conspiracy theory and claim it's for Obama to track down the haters. So it's amusing to see many folks here praise the idea of the "internet discussion."

Also, the chances of the Russian government accepting the ideas and opinions of the people are slim. They won't listen nor care. It's just a way to let the citizens to think they're special.

If only some members here knew what it was like over there...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Russian You Tube? All smoke and mirrors my friends.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
So now Russia is more of a democracy than us.

Great.

Hi Russia. If you keep this up I am moving there.

You should wait until the forests fire are dealt with.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gagol

Originally posted by Gorman91
So now Russia is more of a democracy than us.

Great.

Hi Russia. If you keep this up I am moving there.

You should wait until the forests fire are dealt with.

And wait until the whole Nationalist movement dies down there if you're not white. Russia has the largest amount of skinheads and Neo Nazi organizations than any other country. Oh and wait until the government there is renewed.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Heh Heh Heh,,... Ve vill make dem beleeev Ve are Friends
Den Chop Deh Heads Perfkt plan Dantkna Perfkt..
Really people, I know the states arnt perfect but so quick to side with Russkies...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

What's with the German accent? The story is in Russia.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

No its not,. I just watched SALT,. so I got it down

Z is German
V is Russian

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is good.

Anyone interested in this, may also be interested in this. Particularly Australians...

senatoronline.org.au

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Haha, well...as long as Hollywood said it's correct...

In all actuality, our "w's" sound more like "f's", depending on what word/where in the word the letter is. Though, that may just be me and the people I know. I'm sure Russians from regions other than Moscow/Petersburg have different accents.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Yes you may be wery correct on that.
Never been to Russia
But ya,.. Hollywood does set the stage

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
They pretty much have to change the current system that they have.

There have been small quasi rebellions by the people in the far east and other sporadic towns across their country because of gross police corruption. So bad that is makes our cops look like the old Dragnet detectives.

Many towns in Russia now are called Red Towns... This means that the police force is the gang that runs the organized crime in that city. And there are many of them.

I think this is more of a act of desperation than a civil act of kindness.

Still, at least it's something.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
well as long as we are on the topic of Russians
didn't a Russian science guy say that the United stated would fall in 2010?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by warequalsmurder
They pretty much have to change the current system that they have.

There have been small quasi rebellions by the people in the far east and other sporadic towns across their country because of gross police corruption. So bad that is makes our cops look like the old Dragnet detectives.

Many towns in Russia now are called Red Towns... This means that the police force is the gang that runs the organized crime in that city. And there are many of them.

I think this is more of a act of desperation than a civil act of kindness.

Still, at least it's something.

I'm not entirely sure where you are getting your news, but you may want to look for a better source. While yes, there is a great deal of corruption among the police, this hasn't really tarnished the people's opinion of the central government. Admiration and respect for Putin is at an all time high, currently, and the few "rebellions" (which were actually protests, not rebellions) were due to the lack of resources being allocated to the youth. I've not heard of any serious issues in the eatern regions. Vladivostok, Kamchatka, Siberia...these are all relatively stable and quiet regions.

As for "Red Towns", I've never heard of such a thing, and I doubt it is actually true. While organized crime has, indeed, increased since the Soviet fell, these groups are mostly concerned with controlling industries, not towns. It doesn't do them any good, nor does it earn them any profit (their main motivation) to control a "town".

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Way to go Russia - we could use some laws on police in the US - they are sometimes just a bit trigger happy among other things.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

I'm not entirely sure where you are getting your news, but you may want to look for a better source. While yes, there is a great deal of corruption among the police, this hasn't really tarnished the people's opinion of the central government. Admiration and respect for Putin is at an all time high, currently, and the few "rebellions" (which were actually protests, not rebellions) were due to the lack of resources being allocated to the youth. I've not heard of any serious issues in the eatern regions. Vladivostok, Kamchatka, Siberia...these are all relatively stable and quiet regions.

First off, who said anything about puplic opinion of Putin or the central government? I think you need to read what people write a little more closely if you're going to jump the gun on the criticism of other's posts.

My post explicitly speaks of the Russian people's anger with their policing from their regular law enforcement. Go back and READ again.

Now, if you haven't heard about these conflicts in the east than perhaps you need to start reading the Russian news again as there have been some major confrontations lately in the very areas that you claim are quiet.

VneZonyDostupa
As for "Red Towns", I've never heard of such a thing, and I doubt it is actually true. While organized crime has, indeed, increased since the Soviet fell, these groups are mostly concerned with controlling industries, not towns. It doesn't do them any good, nor does it earn them any profit (their main motivation) to control a "town".

Once again your ignorance of Russian events precedes you. And it surprises me in the least that you've never heard of the term Red Town as you do seem to be quite out of the loop with current Russian affairs these days.

Why is it that all of the Russians that I know (many of which still live in Russia), know exactly what the term Red Town is and you don't? Could it be that VneZonyDostupa is talking out of her posterior once again? It would appear so.

For your information, Red Town, is slang that the Russian mafia uses to determine who runs a given town's criminal enterprises, whether that be them or the police. I know this because my wife's father bootlegs his own whiskey there and has done it for decades.

Please, in the future, try and know your facts before you accuse people of fabricating stories.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

Can you provide any sources, warismurder? I've noticed you tend to do this, make sweeping, wild claims without any sort of proof to back them up other than "someone told me" or "I heard from some guy".

The only results I get for Red Town (both in English and in Russian [красный городок]) are for a new stop on the Donet metro in the Ukraine. No mention of organized crime, police, or "mafia controlled towns". You would think that if this were such a common phrase and event, that "красный городок" would show up on all sorts of news sites.

As for the "rebellions" in the east, there are no reports on Izvestia.ru, AIF.ru, Lenta.ru, or Russiatoday.com. Could you please provide me with some sources, preferably not from ATS?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Without a Free Press, how would anyone know if this even matters? Allowing a discussion is not like allowing a binding vote.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by warequalsmurder

Can you provide any sources, warismurder? I've noticed you tend to do this, make sweeping, wild claims without any sort of proof to back them up other than "someone told me" or "I heard from some guy".

Can you please provide a link where I said that I heard it from some guy? This is a fascinating claim that you make which is utterly false. But this tends to be your only evident modus operandi on this site to begin with.
But for poops and giggles, here's some links.

Russian Far East Partisans who fight the police links, complete with Youtube folk songs where Russian people are singing about fighting those very same police:
www.youtube.com...
www.gzt.ru...
www.politforums.ru...
gidepark.ru...
www.bratstvo.info...
www.besttoday.ru...
Youtube songs that support those partisans (and these are just a few of them):
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
With this final link where a Russian Psychiatrist talks about the phenomina of Russian Police combining with bandit groups to control towns:
www.gzt.ru...

VneZonyDostupa
The only results I get for Red Town (both in English and in Russian [красный городок]) are for a new stop on the Donet metro in the Ukraine. No mention of organized crime, police, or "mafia controlled towns". You would think that if this were such a common phrase and event, that "красный городок" would show up on all sorts of news sites.

Oh, pity that the Russian mafia hasn't taken the time to write out an urban dictionary for a "thieve's cant", but suffice it to say, Russian cops do control town's criminal enterprises and these towns are called Red Towns. I'm not prepared to call my wife's family and friends liars. I'll let the evidence that I just provided speak for itself to the reader.

VneZonyDostupa
As for the "rebellions" in the east, there are no reports on Izvestia.ru, AIF.ru, Lenta.ru, or Russiatoday.com. Could you please provide me with some sources, preferably not from ATS?

See above.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

www.gzt.ru...
www.politforums.ru...
gidepark.ru...
www.bratstvo.info...
www.besttoday.ru...

If you had taken the time to actually read your links, you would see that they are all talking about the same event, the same group, and the same small region. This is hardly a "rebellion", and it is not in "sporadic towns over the far east". It is one small militia group, no different than the Branch Dividians in America's past, who are taking it upon themselves to show "what is right". Think Tea Partiers with more guns, and confined to a region about the size of Rhode Island.

VneZonyDostupa

Oh, pity that the Russian mafia hasn't taken the time to write out an urban dictionary for a "thieve's cant", but suffice it to say, Russian cops do control town's criminal enterprises and these towns are called Red Towns. I'm not prepared to call my wife's family and friends liars. I'll let the evidence that I just provided speak for itself to the reader.

Wait, wait, wait...you said the term "Red Town" was widely used. Your exact quote was:

If so many towns are called "Red Towns", why isn't there ANY mention of it on the internet, Russian or English? If your friends knew they were called "Red Towns", why would you need an urban dictionary? The word has obviously worked it's way into common language, according to you, which would mean it would show up on news sites, press releases, and cultural articles.

Is it so hard for you to admit you're wrong or lying?

See above.

I did. Unfortunately, the links above were about a completely different group and topic

[edit on 8/8/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

www.besttoday.ru...

If you had taken the time to actually read your links, you would see that they are all talking about the same event, the same group, and the same small region. This is hardly a "rebellion", and it is not in "sporadic towns over the far east". It is one small militia group, no different than the Branch Dividians in America's past, who are taking it upon themselves to show "what is right". Think Tea Partiers with more guns, and confined to a region about the size of Rhode Island.

One small militia group confined to a area the size of Rhode Island, my ass.
Ok, here we have VneZonyDostupa caught red handed in deception.
I want the reader to pay particular attention to the link that I have isolated and that she tried to use as proof of there only being one town where partisans have/are fighting the corrupt police in Russia.

In this link there are several different people who reported on partisan fighting going on in Russia in these cities and locations:

Bashkiria= Near the Ural Mountains
Astrakhan= Near the Volga River Delta
Orel= Central Russia
Perm= Between Moscow & Ural Mountains
Novgorad= Northwest of Moscow
Volgagrad= South Central Russia on the Volga River

All of our Russian readers will be able to read this information and know at once that VneZonyDostupa is exposed.

This type of behavior is akin to trolling.

VneZonyDostupa

Wait, wait, wait...you said the term "Red Town" was widely used. Your exact quote was:

If so many towns are called "Red Towns", why isn't there ANY mention of it on the internet, Russian or English? If your friends knew they were called "Red Towns", why would you need an urban dictionary? The word has obviously worked it's way into common language, according to you, which would mean it would show up on news sites, press releases, and cultural articles.

Wait, wait, wait... Right here she is assuming that if she can't find the term (that the mafia uses between themselves!)on the internet than it doesn't exist.
I'll let the reader decide if her assumption is true or false.

VneZonyDostupa

Is it so hard for you to admit you're wrong or lying?

Now we have just exposed her deception with an original link that lists multiple cities where Russian partisans have/are fighting the police departments.

And finally she wishes to try the offensive aproach again by calling me a liar when the very links that I provided do indeed point to multiple clashes of Russian citizens with the police on (as I claimed) small quasi rebellious levels.

I wonder if the reader can see the mounting evidence for who the REAL LIAR is here?

Now, let us all watch VneZonyDostupa try and move the goal posts again.

-When asked to provide links on the growing partisan battles with Russian Police I obliged.
-This she countered with false accusations that I only provided examples of one instance when I have just highlighted the link within all of those links where I provided several intances which can be backed up by any member fluent in Russian.

As I said above, we now have mounting, damning evidence of who is doing the real lying on this site.

Finally, I ask the reader to judge why new legislation to combat police corruption is being introduced in the first place. Is it some altruistic measure done out of the goodness of their hearts. Or is it because the police corruption is so rampid that civil clashes are occurring on increasing levels prompting governmental reforms to stem the tide of discontent, as I've said all along.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by warequalsmurder]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join