It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dead' Baby Wakes Up in Casket During Funeral

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

MEXICO CITY -- A newborn girl declared dead by doctors in Mexico surprised mourners when she came back to life inside her coffin.

Hidalgo state Attorney General Jose Rodriguez says the parents heard a strange noise coming from the casket during the baby's wake.

When they opened the coffin, they found the infant crying and very much alive.

The baby was born prematurely on Monday and was pronounced dead by a doctor at a hospital in the town of Tulancingo. The doctor is now being investigated for possible negligence

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LA Times

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
OMG
u have got to be [snip]ting me ???
somebody had to be stoned or
completely stupid for this [snip]
up !!!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
um... do they not believe in embalming in mexico? that process alone would render any living being dead

[edit on 8/7/10 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If it had no pulse...and it was born prematurely...there was probably good reason to believe it wasn't going to come back to life...exactly how long after it was born did it come back to life?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
People WAKING UP in their coffins is pretty common throughout Latin America and other underdeveloped parts of the world, actually.

No, the embalming process is not so universal as you might think. In the United States, we have very strict laws regarding the disposal of bodies and the transportation of bodies and so forth, which dates back to the Civil War, believe it or don't, when we had tens of thousands of dead bodies being shipped around the country by boat and wagon and railroad. That's where all our draconian embalming laws originated, okay.

So, just because we grew up in this American society of mandatory embalming doesn't mean the rest of the world follows suit.

In fact, in Europe it's an old tradition in many communities to wait a good long time before burying a person, just to make sure the damned fellow is actually dead. They tie a string from the corpse's hand to a little suspended bell, so that if the deceased wakes up, he'll alert the mourners to the good news.

People used to get buried alive all the time back in the very old days, like from the 19th Century and on back.

You can tell this is true because they've dug up coffins that were demolished on the inside from the "deceased" frantically trying to claw his or her way out of the box, six feet under.

Pretty grim.

And, yeah, you've got the ZOMBIES down in Haiti and Trinidad, who represent REAL cases of human beings who are very insidiously deprived of their lives and sold into slavery.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 8/7/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
the same thing happened to a family from Paraguayan ...

A premature baby declared dead by doctors was found to be alive hours later when he was taken home for a funeral wake.

The baby's father, Jose Alvarenga, was told by doctors that his son had died shortly after birth.

Staff from the state-run hospital in Asuncion, the Paraguayan capital, delivered the infant's body to Mr Alvarenga's home fours hours later.

Shortly afterwards, the grieving father opened the baby's coffin to bid an emotional farewell to his son.

"I opened it to look at his remains and found that the baby was breathing," Mr Alvarenga said. "I began to cry."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Video

News Link

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Nobody even mentioning the possibility of a miracle I see.

I see...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Freaky.

There would be 2 babies screaming after I ran to the nearest corner and birthed a new one on the floor. Seriously, I know after figuring it all out it would be amazing, but for that first few seconds when something starts screaming out of a coffin....creepy.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

I see...

here, i'l satiate you for now....."no more room in heaven??!"

but that's the craziness....i wonder how long from "death" to funeral had elapsed? that and whether they put the lil one on ice during that time?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I see...

Well, if it wasn't so damned COMMON, we might call it a miracle.

This happens a LOT in third-world nations. People have narcoleptic seizures or go into catatonic states — in which all vital signs pretty much VANISH, or at least the attending physician can't discern any vital signs — and they're assumed to be dead.

Catatonia is like, I dunno, a kind of suspended animation that humans sometimes enter.

A few hours later, the "deceased" suddenly rejoins the living, hopefully ABOVE ground.

But it happens all the time. It's far too common an event to be called a "miracle"

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Granted Europe has some old traditions but the bells,air tubes or speaking tubes thing has not been done since the late Victorian era. They called them saftey Coffins. Interestingly enough though there are no records to say anyone has ever been saved by these types of coffins.

Now leaving a body for a few days to makes sure is common, we generally have about a week between the person dying and them being buried.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chillimac
There would be 2 babies screaming after I ran to the nearest corner and birthed a new one on the floor.

Check this out... Back in the 1980s, when my younger brother was studying taxidermy, he was privately invited to come observe the SUTURE TECHNIQUES of a mortician.

Morticians and taxidermists are in the same business, basically. Making dead things look nice. Taxidermists have the tougher job, in my opinion, because they might have to return a customer's money on occasion, for a botched job. Mortician's only very seldom get any such complaints.

So, we bopped into this East Texas funeral home and entered the mortuary theatre where one of my brother's buddies was preparing a cadaver for viewing.

They pored over the needles and threads and stitching for hours. There are many, many tricks of the mortuary business that you don't want to know, and I'm not going to pursue here. Go read it somewhere else, if that's your interest, I just don't wanna go into descriptions of upholstery needles rammed forcefully through sinus cavities, okay?

It was creepy as hell, to me.

So, in the midst of this preparation, which is pretty intense and is conducted without much chit-chat, the cadaver farted.

Farted. And it was a big one.

Which, like, almost sent me through the ceiling. I went outside and smoked a cigarette to calm down. My brother and his buddy were amused.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 8/7/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Catatonia is like, I dunno, a kind of suspended animation that humans sometimes enter.

It's very odd isn't it.

I wonder if it's a vestigial trait in humans, similar to hibernation in other species.

If we could tap into it, and deliberately invoke it, it could keep people alive in cases of severe injury or illness.

Could also be handy for areas where there is short food and water supplies.
Get half the population to 'hibernate' for a while, then swap over..the supplies should last twice as long.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
If we could tap into it, and deliberately invoke it, it could keep people alive in cases of severe injury or illness.

Dude. Crowd control. Offensive Weapon. Use it as a weapon, that's what the government would do first thing, if they knew how to remotely trip the Catatonia button.

And don't think they haven't explored the possibility.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I consider this to be amazing, and very good news. The family of the child no longer have to greive, instead they get to celebrate. Sad state of affairs though when folks are alive and declared dead.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
[Granted Europe has some old traditions but the bells,air tubes or speaking tubes thing has not been done since the late Victorian era.

In Pop Culture, it's not done.

In small communities throughout Spain and Italy and France and Greece and elsewhere, I'm sure, away from the Westernized metropolis, you know good and well that people still keep their dead "in state" for two or three days or even more.

I know that it's still done in rural Italy. I talk to people there. Yes, they do it.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
hmmm..I really doubt this...even if the story is 100% legit...the baby after all that time would really have to have some brain damage IMO..
MR Mask...are you liking the idea of it being a miracle??

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
you guys are witnessing the birth of the "anti-christ" let the battle begin. in thye next few months you people will see catastrophe beyond human understandings. mooohahahahaha

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuts!
hmmm..I really doubt this...even if the story is 100% legit...the baby after all that time would really have to have some brain damage IMO..
MR Mask...are you liking the idea of it being a miracle??

Not necessarily. A baby's brain is really heavily oxygenated by the mother's placenta for 9 months, right, so a baby is about as healthy a piece of human tissue as you're likely to find — in fact, that baby is a power pack of growth! I mean, that little sonofabitch has grown from the size of a microbe to the size of two-liter bottle of Coke in just 9 months.

That's freaking awesome. If that baby CONTINUED that rate of growth after birth, he'd be 800 feet tall by the age of seven years. Fortunately, the pituitary gland kicks in after birth.

So we know that the life force is strong with babies. It's goin' on when those critters pop out of the mother, right.

I think a baby is a real live wire in its first few weeks of emergence into this world. But, like a live wire, the current only passes when it finds proper electrical ground... If it doesn't find a proper ground, ZiP... the baby dies.

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

When it finds a proper ground, the baby survives. YAY Baby!

What that "ground" may be is a profound mystery. Is it the right parents? Or the wrong parents? Right time or wrong time? Maybe the work order on that baby was called back on a Cosmic scale.

Or maybe Life punched out a new incarnation, had a second thought, and decided to let the new incarnation pass. So, live baby dies then lives again. A hiccup in the continuity of existence.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

I have a thread that might explain this, it could be as a result of something called the Lazarus Syndrome. I might be wrong and it’s just doctor incompetence however it is a possibility.

Lazarus Syndrome, Awaking From the Dead!!!

[edit on 7-8-2010 by kevinunknown]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join