It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afterlife...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Do you believe in the afterlife? What do you think it will be like? Will it be a field or plain, perfect weather, sunny sky, warm comfortable breezes surrounded by a lush forest? Will it be dull, dark, gritty? Will it be nothing, just eternal blackness. Or, is this the ONLY LIFE we will have? Does life cease after we cease to live here?

My personal belief is a mix of a few things: Once you die here, you have the option of hanging around, look in on others til you decide to move on, then you get your own 'Piece of Heaven', where you create your semireality, you can relive your favorite memories over and over, or you can chose to interact with other people that have passed on. If you have seen movies such as What Dreams May Come, or The Lovely Bones, I feel it might be a fair mix of the two.

Thoughts? opinions?

**DISCLAIMER** This isnt a thread to debate the religious aspects of the subject, bot of your own personal opinion.
Thanks!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well, I believe it will be incomprehensible to anything we can describe. Though, that is just a belief, and its one i do not stick dearly too.

Existence itself boggles my mind, so to not believe in an after life is just as stupid as to believe in one.

I am basically on the fence, but I have good balance so I should last. Fell off on both sides a couple times, only to jump back on the fence. Better view of the bigger picture anyways.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Its obviously nothing like this exsistence or what would the point of life be.

Personally I think the idea of a ghost world that is either paradise or punishment (in any form) is pretty silly.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Interesting question and makes me wonder ...

John 14:1-3
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Do you notice the key word used , " You " . Perhaps the afterlife is dependent on the person / you , rather then a common experience shared by all .

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

You might just find the beginings of an Afterlife here as I as a God just CREATED it with a little help from my crossed over ATS friends and members!...

Well....I guess this is it. (by brilab45) [BTS]

Note: please sign up/in for best viewing experience!

Personal Disclosure: I once heard that "If you build it then they will come!" so please let me encourage us all to "Go the distance!" and that will take some unconditional Loving on all our parts OK!

P.S. Loving you all right now so feel free to bask in it OK!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Heres what I think.... First, I believe in reincarnation so... When we pass we go to a meeting hall of sorts where your somehow found to be either righteous enough to hang with all the other righteous types or you are found not quite righteous and have to go back to do it all over again. Once you have proven yourself and can stay I'd dare say tht it is a lot like what we know already, cept different.

On a side note i've often thought how funny it is that when you die the common story is that you travel down a tunnel and into a bright light where you are then surrounded by loved ones. Sounds a lot like being born...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by BlastedCaddy]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I came close to death at 18 and came through it with the strangest semi-memory that there is some kind of direction or intention behind all this. It might have just been my brain hallucinating itself to a peaceful dying...or it might have been a real insight.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
At the age of 67 and in poor health, I have spent a considerable amount of time websearching and reading, in order to find out about what to expect.

I have no religion, and do not continue to read any post at the first mention of religion.

The books which gave me the most credible (my opinion, maybe not yours) information on what to expect were -
The 3 books by Robert A Monroe (free from scribd)
The Matrix V gold edition, 3 parts (horrendously expensive)

The result of my search is that I have no fear, of death, or anything else.
I can only describe this state of mind as 'contentment'.
I have found an explanation of life, death and afterlife, which rings true for me, and it is ironically hilarious - I am chuckling as I write.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by margaretr]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Basically, I believe it will be a performance review with your over soul going over the objectives that were to be done in your life and deciding what was completed, what still needs work and what your chances for promotion are. Depending on how well you do you either come back to work on past and new objectives or you are promoted to a different environment / dimension to try something completely different until your vibration is sufficient to calve off souls for you to oversee. Eventually you will merge with the first spark and be one with it.

What the first spark is and where the first spark came from is beyond my current pay grade.

While I have hopes of a promotion I know I have dragged my feet on some objectives (from akashic readings) and I know some in my soul group have done the same (similar and different objectives) so we are all probably coming back to try again. Don't know if it will be past, present or future.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Here you go, from an expert on the matter, 7:45 in:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I appreciate that link and have just watched all 5 video clips.
The info supplied there matches what I have learned from other sources.

I wish to add - my belief is that the objective of a life is to progress enough so that reincarnation can be avoided. It is only when the objectives of that incarnation are not achieved that a soul has the need to 'try again'.

Personally I don't want to come back, and hope I have met all that was required of me. For some souls 'life' in the 3rd dimension is addictive, so they want return even if they are not required to.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by margaretr

I sse that you've done your Vedic (or Buddhist) homework margaretr,

The objective is to get out of 'the loop' and merge with The Creator, or rather become the purest form of energy, whatever way you chose to see it.

Nevertheless, consider this. The Dalai Lama is (according to the Tibetan Buddhist belief system) one of the most enlightened and accomplished souls on this planet, and still he comes back, over and over again.

So, accomplishing the Nirvana is not an easy task, and aspiring for nothing else is kind of like waiting in line and desiring nothing else but to get in front of the line. The more you desire it, the harder the wait.

So, better then to simply enjoy the wait, and teach others how to accomplish themselves as you go along.

Life is something wonderful!

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Heliocentric]

top topics

join