It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Google Earth Map of Russia's Wildfires

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

thanx for that. i was in yellowstone for the big one.

The Fires of 1988 Facts * The summer of 1988 was the driest in the Park's recorded history. * More than 793,000 acres (36% of the park) were affected by fire. * Fires begun outside of the park burned more than half the total acreage. * Humans caused 9 fires; lightning caused 42 fires. * About 300 large mammals, primary elk, perished. * $120 million was spent and 25,000 people participated in this firefighting effort, the largest in U.S. history. * This huge effort saved human life and property, but had little impact on the fires themselves. * Rain and snow finally stopped the advance of the fires in September.

so, in other words, acourding to google,

1 hectares = 2.47105381 acres

so far the russian fires are basically, rounded out, 2 and a half times the size of yellowstone.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

And the fires continue to rage. I don't see any rain or snow headed towards Russia anytime soon either. The nearest the UK got to a disaster was freak heavy snowfall at the beginning of the year. Of course, this being the UK everything ground to a halt! For a nation that once claimed half the world as its own, it only takes a little snow to cripple it!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
That's incredible.
First thing I think of is Food Scarcity.
All burned up.

Next thing I think of is tht this was done on purpose.
The NWO is behind schedule.
Problem - reaction- solution.
Population reduction.
Helps solve the scarce food problem.

This added to all the Fish Kills around the world.

This is bad, very bad.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I think food should be the first concern. Russia has already stopped grain exports which will start to have global effects within weeks from a price and supply perspective.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
old growth doesn't burn like this unless it's during times of very extreme doubt.
i bet this is just tearing threw previous clearcuts that have come back in very unhealthy ways.
to many small trees per acre fighting for space and light.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
See the post below.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Actually, it equals

4.16 e-4,

which is actually

.000416, which in percentage is .0416 percent is burning.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Thats what I get for doing hit and run math. Sorry

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It's all good, lol. I always had trouble with e's in school... they can mess with ya.

But still, when you think about it, it's not a totally high amount of land mass, but it's still some. And since fires get bigger exponentially, it could be much more pretty quick. Something to think about still!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
what about the theory some people on ATS and elsewhere are claiming that Russia can manipulate the weather ???
well it should be time now that they use their wisdom to bring all the rain to Russia instead of it going and falling in great quantities elsewhere !!
if they really could manipulate the weather they would have done it already !
What do you think ?
Another theory debunked !

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
well, so much for Russia having weather weapons...

edit: lulz in @ sunlionspirit

Exactly what I was thinking brah. Maybe the US is trolling Russia hard by giving the rain to us and china?

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Yagerbombs]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't see how most people know nothing about this! I didn't know untill I saw it on here and I was thinking "wow"...shouldnt they be streaming the videos that can be found online somewhere in even our local news?
This could somehow effect us

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Check this video out, it's insane it looks like something out of the movies. click on the link...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Interesting angle re HAARP. It's hardly a secret anymore the use of weather mod for war and it did cross my mind this week.

Operation Popeye during the Vietnam war is one such example and that was a lonnnnng time ago, I am sure there has been lots of tinkering in the science lab since.

Naughty Pakistan and those pesky terrorists

www.sunshine-project.org...

Operation Popeye  (also known as Operation Intermediary or Operation Compatriot) was long running and large. It operated from 20 March 1967 until 5 July 1972. The objective was to extend the monsoon season over North Vietnamese and Viet Cong resupply routes, denying the use of trails and roads. From the presentation:

Chart 2. Objective (supplied by the Department of Defense).
Increase rainfall sufficiently in carefully selected areas to deny the enemy the use of roads by:
(1) Softening road surfaces
(2) Causing landslides along roadways
(3) Washing out river crossings
(4) Maintain saturated soil conditions beyond the normal time span.   

Rainmaking as a weapon of war can only lead to the development of vastly more dangerous environmental techniques whose consequences may be unknown and may cause irreparable damage to our global environment. This is why the United States must move quickly to ban all environmental or geophysical modification techniques from the arsenals of war 

Cloudseeding well I would expect requires clouds ...

Russian appeal of 'weather control'

Interesting article here..

Climate Weapons: More Than Just a Conspiracy Theory?

M.  Chossudovsky, an economics professor from the Ottawa University, wrote in 2000 that in part the ongoing climate change could be triggered by the use of new-generation nonlethal weapons. The US is certainly exploring the possibilities of controlling the climate in several regions of the world. The corresponding technology is being developed in the framework of the High-Frequency Active Aural Research Program» (HAARP)3, the objective being to build a potential to launch droughts, hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes. From the military standpoint, HAARP is supposed to create a novel type of weapons of mass destruction and an instrument of expansionist policy which can be used to selectively destabilize environmental and agricultural systems of target countries4

This one is an oldie from the 1950s in Devon..

news.bbc.co.uk...

Thirty-five deaths in the infamous Lynmouth flood disaster came only days after RAF rain-making experiments over southern England, it has emerged.
Ninety million tonnes of water swept down the narrow valley into Lynmouth on 15 August, 1952, destroying whole buildings.

Now, a BBC investigation has confirmed that secret experiments were causing heavy rainfall.

Classified documents on the trials have gone missing, but people involved have told their story for the BBC Radio Four's Document programme.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If you think the Russian fires are something...look at this
satellite.ehabich.info...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
RT coverage

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

There still goin about their lives because there is over 10 million people living there...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

This is Bull....

On this map, the size of the actual fire is not in relation to the size of the icon it receives on the map. I am sitting smack in the middle of a couple of those flames!!

Should I be worried??

Peace

Right-o. The same thing applies to maps that show flights of airplanes in the sky. Looking at the map, you'd swear "OMG THE PLANES ARE ALMOST ALL CRASHING INTO EACH OTHER!!!"

...then someone points out that the size of the planes is not the size of an entire town.

Pity this site prides itself on denying ignorance.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
We discussed this thread on ATSEuro Show #4

Have a listen

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join