It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Bloomberg needs to be convicted of treason

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Washington changes, politicians and their agendas come and go. Time changes these things. But the idea of American stays fairly constant. That is what I am debating on behalf of here - an ideal America that works the way it was intended to work.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I think the point you're missing out on is that America stands for equality and acceptance.

Is this really a true statement?

Does America ACCEPT all the Dead of 911?

Does America ACCEPT that Iran are pushing ahead with a possible nuclear program. After all the US has Nukes so why not Iran? Who out of the two countries has started more wars recently. Who is the ONLY country to of Nuked someone. And when someone eventually NUKES America which is very likely one day, will you all stand there in Acceptance?

Does America view all other countries EQUALLY? (this is a funny one)

Does America stand for Equality and Acceptance when good hard working Americans in the Gulf region are losing their jobs and livelihoods? Will they just ACCEPT it?

Does America Accept that no other major country trusts or likes America? Russia, China, Australia, Canada, UK, Germany and France, Italy, Sweden. They certainly DO NOT view America as a place of Equality and Acceptance.

Does America hold people WITHOUT trial or EVIDENCE in Guantanamo and torture and degrade and abuse people sexually because they stand for EQUALITY? WELL?

So check you damn facts before spilling such disgust. When the "mosque" was "approved" to be built near ground zero AMERICANS were furious and still are. Especially those who live in the Area. It was on many news articles.

Does America ACCEPT that the very religion who is going to build a mosque in the CENTER of a place that should be respected, views America as a BULLY. DO American except that?

SUPREME LEADER OF ISLAMIC REVOLUTION speaks Read the entire article and then tell me that Islam views AMERICA as an accepting and equal place to be.

THESE VERY PEOPLE COULD THEREFOR COME AND WORSHIP IN THE MOSQUE ONE DAY IF THEY SO WISH.

After all they should get into America with no problem as America is so Accepting and equal.

I can go on for ever and EVER.

And final point to you sir. As one of these accepting Americans as you claim why did you see the need to try and put down the OP and his statement in any way shape or form? He clearly just thinks building a mosque at ground zero is wrong. He did NOT say being a muslim is wrong and DID not say they have no RIGHT to worship or be. He just does not agree with the mosque in that particular area. READ carefully next time.

And as for the Avatar rudeness to him in the form of a joke you will find that you make your statement about America and its Equality a joke because you point out he is only a few months to this, which is saying he has not been on here long enough to understand yet. Its Americans like you who give Americans a bad name. You say one thing and mean another.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Well a claim is that the Federal Reserve is a government agency... Since it recently it set up the subprime crisis that lead to the greatest plundering in history, to hand endless trillions over to the private banks... It'd like narrating:
"Back in '03 when WE really got that subprime mess going, WE all knew all along OUR goal was to plunder OUR OWN money and wealth and to deliberately hand over all of OUR property to the private banks. Damn, WE really did pull that off."

The CIA in project MKULTRA did various psyop and neuroscience tests on an unwitting public...
"Ya I still remember back in the 60's when WE would unwittingly do those crazy tests OURSELF, like that one soldier who WE dosed with '___', and since WE didn't even tell him what was happening he ended up committing suicide. Next time WE better tell him what we did."

During the Gulf of Tonkin incident the Navy in effect attacked itself to catalyze the Vietnam War...
"Remember that one time WE attacked OURSELVES in the Gulf of Tonkin so that WE could convince OURSELVES to initiate all out war?"

The US Congress is supposed to be "representative" of The People...
"It's too be WE had to de-institute the Bill of Rights, by enacting the Patriot Act. WE really need to be able to spy on OURSELVES, after all, WE don't know if we can trust OURSELF. "

[edit on 7-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

Claiming that I put down the OP is beyond a stretch. The OP and I debated and finished on very good terms. Did you happen to read enough to realize I referred to him as "gracious"? Obviously not.

Again, opinions are opinions and all are entitled to theirs.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

These things have nothing to do with the subject matter of this post so I will not seek to refute or address them. The debate I was having with the OP wasn't even actually on topic for his post, as it addresses Bloomburg.

My general point is that regardless of what bad things the government has done, I feel it's my personal responsibility to do everything in my power to assure that these types of things don't happen again.

Edited to undo bad grammer caused by migraine medication!

[edit on 8/7/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I didn't expect for you to address those points...

The real point is beware self-afflicting yourself to monstrous faceless institutions, or things like political parties. Group self-adherence in these forms is what lets everything go on.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

"We the people...." But whichever way.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74

So let's do this real quickly, then we can all go home.

The only thing that needs to be said was already said by Mayor Bloomberg.

“The simple fact is, this building is private property, and the owners have a right to use the building as a house of worship, and the government has no right whatsoever to deny that right. And if it were tried, the courts would almost certainly strike it down as a violation of the U.S. Constitution.

Whatever you may think of the proposed mosque and community center, lost in the heat of the debate has been a basic question: Should government attempt to deny private citizens the right to build a house of worship on private property based on their particular religion? That may happen in other countries, but we should never allow it to happen here

...On Sept. 11, 2001, thousands of first responders heroically rushed to the scene and saved tens of thousands of lives. More than 400 of those first responders did not make it out alive. In rushing into those burning buildings, not one of them asked, ‘What God do you pray to?’ ‘What beliefs do you hold?’

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What's with everyone saying everyone else is guilty of treason these days?

I guess it's like we know the country is screwed up so we are looking for someone to blame?

Bloomberg can have his opinion, it isn't mine.

But treason?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
There is so little logic and so much wanton disregard for reality in what you have said that it would be a waste of energy to attempt to refute thoroughly your claim.

However, though your premises may be entirely false, your proposal is nevertheless attractive (albeit for the wrong reasons). I just happen to have a passionate dislike of Mr. Bloomberg, which has existed for years and is completely unrelated to this issue. The man is a 21st century robber-baron, a political hack, and a terrible mayor to boot. No one can supply one good reason he has a political career at all... except for his vast wealth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join