It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"House sized" metorite hits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Anyone see this article....

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
How odd. Maybe it wasn't a meteorite... since witnesses said it was glowing silver and the shape of an artillery shell????

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I suppose its possible for a meteorite to appear to be silvery, but that depends on what it is made of. I've seen pieces of them that look like melted steel, so its possible.

How long before someone mentions 'Aussie Bloke ?

[edit on 23-6-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
aussie bloke!!!
i mentioned him...now what

btw wouldn't a house size meteorite cause significant damage???

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
A house sized meteor would cause major damage. Say goodbye to a large city and significantly more. Depending on the angle of impact it is far worse than a nuclear weapon.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
i see you:

sorry this is OT.
your avatar is a DALI painting?

if yes do you know the name of the painting? thx in advance.

worldwatcher:

i just must congratulate you!!! i have seen many diferent avatars on you, but you always chose the more beautifull Hindu girls i have seen ever!!
not just in the sensual way, but te pics are absolutly beautifull, the poses, the colors, all is just perfect. congratulations, your avatars are always a pure delight to watch!
stay well good friend
[edit on 24-6-2004 by kangaxx];

[edit on 24-6-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
AB was a hoax........or even worse, organized dis-information. The big blue marble has been hit 6-10 times in the past three weeks since AB started his posts. Washington State, Missiouri, California, Australia, New Zealand, England (2x), and Russia........but just go back to sleep "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Wouldn't a "House-sized meteorite" have caused a seismic anomoly felt many hundreds of miles away, if not thousands? Also, it wouldn't be very difficult to find as the police in the story have stated as it would have left a crater slightly larger than a professional sports stadium!

I a tad bit skeptical as ythere was only 1 eye-witness... possibly AB trying to regain a little credibility.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The way they describe it, it may have fractured and burned up before impact which would account for the lack of crater and debris. Otherwise I would think they actually saw a comet and it melted on entry, but either way it wouldnt appear silver cause it would be hot, it might be orange, red, blue, or green depending on its composition, so Im not really buying into this claim. A house sized object that hit land would easily make a crater .5-1 km in diameter depending on composition and angle.

There would definetly be a seismic event recorded across most of the southern hemisphere.

[edit on 6/24/2004 by zsandmann]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn
How odd. Maybe it wasn't a meteorite... since witnesses said it was glowing silver and the shape of an artillery shell????

does that make it an artillery shell though?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yes it is a Salvador Dali.....The title is: Premonition of Civil War

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If it was the size of a house, that would inidcate it would have been close enough to estimate its size. Being that close, it could not have burned up before impact. Fracturing would also not be possible for the same reason. IMHO, AB playing games with mainstream media!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Maybe not an artillery shell... But I doubt it was a meterorite the size of a house. Maybe the eyewitness were smoking some of that stuff..LOL

top topics

join