It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Willow Hotel possible gateway to hell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by racos
Like seriously why would there be a gateway to hell in a mining shaft?

You got me!
I think that Heaven and Hell are in an alternate dimension of reality, not up in the sky and down in the Earth's mantle (I guess I can just call the four dimensions we're used to as the "physical world" and this "spiritual dimension" as another one of the 10 dimensions our reality is supposed to be composed of)...

1 - Height
2 - Width
3 - Depth
4 - Time
5 - 'Spirit'
6 - 10 ??? Who knows?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
oh crap the lizard folks live in the center of the earth, this is no hell, only lizardopolis! they've unleashed the shape shifting lizard folk that existeded before man was even apelike! EEEGADS!! actual photo of lizardpholk

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This thread sounds quite interesting but I doubt very much that they found a gateway to hell ( we in american nothing would really suprise me )
Maybe a folk tale which gained momentem after the mine collapsed..
Agree with the liking of Eagles "hotel california".
But I have friends who have take drugs and claimed to see the devil.
Maybe the hotel if rife with drug, drug users.

Would love to know anymore of this thread...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I found one article so far on this.
I will keep looking for more information on this

THE WILLOW HOTEL

Jamestown, CA

The original hotel was built in 1862 on the site of a collapsed mine shaft that killed twenty three men.Witnesses reported nine apparitions hovering around the source of a 1975 hotel fire in the hotel and in 1985 a mysterious blaze burned down the hotel and several nearby stores. Multiple eyewitnesses have reported ghosts and spirits in the hotel and restaurant.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It said though that this apperations where floating above the hotel, which means that they could have been the spirits of the men that had died, however it says nothing of they looked like the devil.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
i heard that and i will do some research but5 until then i conclude that it is just a rumor...

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
did a little research, and nothing came up about gateway to hell, the place may give off bad vibes so ghosts are attracted to it so they may be demonic presences but a "gateway to hell" comeon, if you read revolations in the bible the only gateway to hell is in heaven and heaven is no dimension. hell (in the bible) is an inescapable bottomless pit of sulfer where u burn but never die, and u are stuck in an endless fall were there is nothing to grab.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Willow Steak House. It may not look like it, but this small woodframe building is all
that is left of a once majestic hotel. The original Willow Hotel was built in 1862 on the site of a
collapsed mineshaft that killed 23 men. When a devastating fire struck the town in 1896, residents
used dynamite to blow up other buildings to save the hotel. Unfortunately there were people still in
those buildings, and their ghosts seek revenge to this day. Witnesses reported nine apparitions
hovering around the source of a 1975 fire in the hotel, and in 1985, a mysterious blaze burned down
the hotel and several nearby stores. The bar and restaurant were rebuilt, but the hotel never reopened.
Both customers and employees have reported seeing the ghost of a short man roaming through the
halls, and a gambler dressed in a black suit has been glimpsed at the bar. Others have seen the
redheaded figure of Elualah Sims, murdered in the bar by her husband in the 1890s. (Jamestown is
located in Tuolomne County off Hwy 49 in the Sierra Foothills. The restaurant and saloon is on the
corner of Main and Willow Streets, Jamestown, CA 95327. Phone: 209-984-3998.)

This was seen on Ghost Stories II on the SciFi Channel, if anyone was still interested!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The hotel sits on a collapsed mineshaft, and both the "mysterious fires" and the "demonic sightings" have been attributed to fumes from gas pockets in the mineshaft leaking into the hotel. I believe in ghosts but the proof of the gas leak is pretty indisputable. I believe in the ghostly sounds of the tommyknockers because several people have heard the morse code supposedly being tapped onto the pipes by those who were dying when the mineshaft collapsed. The fires and demonic sighting can be explained by the fumes, but I wonder what these sounds are. Any ideas?

[edit on 30-11-2004 by akumakatus]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris

www.snopes.com...

Good link, thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join