It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The tea party, a movement of confusion and disorganization

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsvoltafan74
reply to post by Southern Guardian

What I think you fail to see is that the Tea Party is not trying to establish themselves as a poltical party in the way we define a party it in today's society.

Well I was using hypotheticals. I had been describing the tea party as a movement for the most part.

It is not trying to replace the government itself, but trying to bring the government's faults to the peoples' attention.

Well that goes right back to my arguement does it not? On the one hand you have tea party protesters blaming the problem with government over foreing involvement, over our spending in aid to Israel, on the other hand tea party protesters insist the problem is that this government does not have good leadership to continue these wars. There are these contradicting views over what faults the government has, what the issues are. Whenever a tea party representitives says something in the name of the movement, you will have other tea party members insist that member does not represent the true movement. Do you see where Im coming from? The are calling this goverment all kinds of things, blamings all kinds of things, and yet these issues oppose one another. That is in part the problem I have with this movement, its that it has such a contradicting reasoning behind it.

They do not take a definate position on fixing the country's problems. If they did try to implement their beliefs on everyone then they would be no different then the parties they criticize.

You will not have a functioning government if there are direct opposing or contradicting views about the party. This is in part the issue with the Republicans and Democrats, these contradicting hypocritical views. No real movement.

I don't see them as a group trying to gain power but a group trying to take power from the established grasp that the major parties have in America today

By doing what? Following behind Republican politicians like Palin and Michelle Bachmann? How can you insist this movement is trying to take power from the establishment when you have established figures from the Republican party running youe movement?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Southern Guardian is in lock step with the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the dogmas they espouse really aren't worth my time.

Oh wonderful, his even got his little conspiracy about me

Why oh why when he made it so clear that he would not bother with the OP or with me does he continue to post in this thread?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I reserve the right to filter out those who's posting habits seem to be dishonest and disingenuous.

The Ignore key comes with no such instructions.

Southern Guardian is in lock step with the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the dogmas they espouse really aren't worth my time.
Wake up!

There is no "Southern Guardian." I've watched these posts change from voice, syntax and language to reflect a singular mindset, but without consistency and of varying accuracy.

SG changed long ago from an anti "Tea Party" voice to a leftist megahorn trumpet, regardless of substance.

Too bad.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Well that was off topic and personal was it not? Why dont you address my OP instead of attacking me personally? You'll find that there is no need to get personal on this forum so if you could stop being so childish on views you disagree with, maybe we can get into a nice clean debate?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The OP makes the point and misses it consistently. The TP is a movement and not a political party. What is the distinction between a movement and a Political party?????

The TP has a lot more in common with the women’s movement of the 60s and 70s. Remember there were women who HATED men totally and there were also those who were even married??? Well the TP is justlike that. A movement is an amorphous thing with a single issue at its heart that can be often quite amorphous. It is the polar opposite to a political party which should have an ideology and have party discipline. Naturally the TP got its full share of hustler and bandwagon jumpers who sought to harness its potential power for their own narrow goals.

The rest became history.

<< 1   >>

join