It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Society: Lesbians=GOOD. Gays=BAD.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaxxon

It's true that it's apples to oranges.
But it's an over-generalization that no men think like that. Some straight men do think about it.
I have straight male friends that have pointed out a man's appearance as attractive.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaxxon

Originally posted by StasiaNoel
reply to post by Zaxxon

I was simply trying to make the point that finding a man attractive doesn't make a man gay or a woman straight.

Society makes men feel guilty about that.

Otherwise, their sexual mindset have nothing to do with the point I was making.
I understand that it doesn't make a guy gay, but straight guys just don't see other guys like that. You'll rarely ever hear a guy call another one handsome. It isn't because they are afraid that they are infected with "the gay", its just something that he doesn't think about.

Also, my point about guy's sexual mindset was just for an example that a guy's mindset isn't like a woman's mindset. Its comparing apples to oranges.

I'm not sure that's true. Guys are always looking at other guys. Checking them out, so to speak. That guy's arms are bigger than mine. I gotta get a shirt like that guy's got. I need to cut my hair like that guy.

Guys are always admiring other guys. Probably as much as girls.
No, they probably won't call another guy handsome... but they're thinkin' it.

You can bet on on that.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by jupiter869]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869

reply to post by Zaxxon

I was simply trying to make the point that finding a man attractive doesn't make a man gay or a woman straight.

I understand that it doesn't make a guy gay, but straight guys just don't see other guys like that. You'll rarely ever hear a guy call another one handsome. It isn't because they are afraid that they are infected with "the gay", its just something that he doesn't think about.

Also, my point about guy's sexual mindset was just for an example that a guy's mindset isn't like a woman's mindset. Its comparing apples to oranges.

I'm not sure that's true. Guys are always looking at other guys. Checking them out, so to speak. That guy's arms are bigger than mine. I gotta get a shirt like that guy's got. I need to cut my hair like that guy.

You can bet on on that.

Agreed, men are very visually oriented.
Men also use other men to gauge their 'hotness'.

Edit for clarification.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by StasiaNoel]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's because in this society, men treat women like sexual objects. It's okay for two girls to kiss each other when they're hot and when they're doing it for guys.

If it was two dykes kissing each other, the homophobes would stone them. If it's two hot blondes, it's okay, because the guys like it. And we all know that if the man is okay with it, then that's how society is going to see it.

Because think about it. Lots of women think gay guys are adorable, and are totally cool with two dudes holding hands or being cutesy in public. And yet, it's not safe for those people to be open in public in many places because of violence, because the agenda of our social mindset is set by the men... who think it's disgusting and weird.

Anyways, just my convoluted thoughts on it...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Why is it so hard to grasp for people to remember:

Blonde, brunette or readhead...it's a fellow person.

White, black, olive or yellow...still people.

Lefty, righty or ambidexterous...person.

Gay, straight, tranny or just a freak....person.

Persons, all of them. They are afforded rights because they ARE persons.

Not because they are gay, or, black, or lefty.

I am no longer under the belief that being a certain sexual orientation is correct.
I DO believe we all have a preferance whether it be the opposite or the same or both. I chose hetero. My buddy chose homo. A couple girls I know chose lesbianism. I prefer girls. I, in all honesty, enjoy seeing girls with girls. I understand what some of the things they admired about their own sex. I get the attraction. I'm not gay, so, I don't enjoy the guy on guy stuff. I don't avoid it. But I agree with good ole Sam Kinison and his statement of "How can one man look at another man's hairy ass and find love?" Not my thing, so, I just accept that those people are doing what they, as decision-making adults enjoy and it's MORE wrong of me to not accept it and regard them as fellow people. They still have insights and opinions and feelings and worries and rights and interests that I DO agree with and embrace that have little to do with who they go home to.

They like LOGO. I like Spike. We both like the movie Dazed and Confused. We're both people. On the same planet. In the same hemisphere. On the same continent. Etc. There is so much else to focus on and make matter than who they kiss goodnight.

Just people.
Cuhail

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I personally don't see the difference, gays, or lesbians they are all the same to me. I don't agree with either, but if that is how they want to live their lives, more power to them. They will do what they will, whether the laws say they can openly or not. So they might as well legalize it.

While were at it, I will smoke pot whether it is legal or not, so they might as well legalize it so I can come out of the closet with my baggie of Columbia's finest herbs.

Edit: I noticed I might have missed the whole point. I don't wish to watch any gay or straight sex in movies, tv, music videos, ect. I think sex should be private between a couple, and stay that way.

Sex should stay in the closet marajuana should come out of the closet! LOL!

[edit on 6-8-2010 by lizzyhock]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Well said.
People are people, and their sexuality is a private matter and does not entirely compose a person.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869

reply to post by Zaxxon

You can bet on on that.

You are correct that guys are always looking at guys, but not because of "hotness", but because we are competitive. It isn't "His arms are big, he looks great (non sexually)" its "His arms are big, I want arms that big (or bigger)".

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Scripture-quoting Lesbian checking in...I just wanted to say that in my humble opinion, the brainwashing comes from organized religion rather than the Bible. Regardless of the negative opinions surrounding the Bible...there is a lot of wisdom in that book.

As for no one understanding it...that's a little unfair. There are those who spend their lives understanding the Bible. I think it's a bit far-fetched to say that no one understands it. I certainly don't claim to understand it all, but there are parts of it that I do understand and would stake my life on as truth.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Videos like this are aimed at male viewers. The reason why men in society do not have a poblem with female-female acts is because the only thing better than a horny woman is 2 horny women. A male viewer isn't thinking "wow, look at those hot lesbians", he is thinking "wow, I might have a chance with those hot bi-sexuals."

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The different standard exist because of penetration and ejaculation. I think it is a widely accepted opinion that female gay sex is much "cleaner" than male gay sex for that reason, although several exceptions do come to mind.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
It's because in this society, men treat women like sexual objects. It's okay for two girls to kiss each other when they're hot and when they're doing it for guys.

If it was two dykes kissing each other, the homophobes would stone them. If it's two hot blondes, it's okay, because the guys like it. And we all know that if the man is okay with it, then that's how society is going to see it.

Because think about it. Lots of women think gay guys are adorable, and are totally cool with two dudes holding hands or being cutesy in public. And yet, it's not safe for those people to be open in public in many places because of violence, because the agenda of our social mindset is set by the men... who think it's disgusting and weird.

Anyways, just my convoluted thoughts on it...

I think you are right in part. Men do treat women like sexual objects. Men also don't want to appear vulnerable. Showing affection towards another man emphasizes vulnerability.

Men need to let go and just be. Not be hung up in image so much.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
As a female i would like to comment.

I think its purely down to what pleases the eye. Men love the site of a naked woman, as nature intended. So two woman playing with each other would therefor be a great sight to see.

However two men, they are not as pleasing to the eye and not so "beautiful". They neither move as gracefully or as sexily. So two men leads the brain to view it as ugly and off putting. It is also part of why men and women are different. Men are supposed to be the protectors and be strong and provide. A gay man rolling around with another man is rather GAY. It looks degrading and improper to non homosexuals. Women are losing their sexuality because of gay men parading round and acting like women in terms of walking, talking, dressing and mannerisms.

Men should be men. Well most are. Women can get away with it because it still seems very feminine.

It the same as why a normal person views adults molesting children as disgusting. The brain is wired to reject all things we find disgusting. So homosexuality between men, child molesting, eating dog t***, a person getting cut in half is seen by the brain as gross and in some cases wrong.

The image also conjures up the though of the act which to most is rather unpleasant.

I like to see two women together, but not two men.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
sorry friend your mistaken.
i prefer to live around gays. when theyr not tottaly creepy and parading around theyr kinda fresh inteligent dudes you can talk with about cool topics.
lesbians on the other hand are horrible and i cant stand them.
a gay wouldnt steal your girlfriend,buy a lesbian will

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
besides gays are intelectual,lesbians are far more self centered and egoistic,if not a complete dump

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ya know, some folks just overthink things... there are some great things in this world. Especially in the life of a regular straight working guy...

Double shots of Zepplin or Skynyrd on Two fer Tuesdays rock radio

Pizza...buy one-get one free coupons or maybe double toppings

Football...2pm and 6pm on Sundays...

Baseball...double headers and buckets of beer and hotdogs

Cheeseburgers... double stack with chilli and cheese...and bacon

Lesbians... double shots of everything I like

I know, it's almost Neanderthal-like, but hey...we're guys... double your pleasure, double your fun

Two, two scoops of raisins in everybox

God Bless America

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
While I certainly understand the original posters thoughts, I have to say that acceptance of lesbians is certainly NOT as widespread as some may believe.

I'm a widow with two grown sons. My best friend of over 40 years is single after a third failed marriage. After her last divorce she fell on hard times and moved in with me. As we have for decades, we love to go out and have fun together, but we've often noticed that people give us disapproving looks when we're out in public together, my car has been keyed, and I've overheard snide remarks about "those lesbos" on more than one occasion. People certainly aren't as accepting as one may wish, and it saddens me even more when people hide behind the ruse of religion to unjustifiably label us and condemn us because "we're lesbians."

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I used to think women-on-women action was hot, but it is just the same evil that is manipulating our youth to mistrust the opposite sex. Yes, I got burned badly by a bi-sexual woman. She liked more women then man and never saw it till the last minute. Now I know how to read the signs real carefully next time.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
3 out of a hundred....get your facts figured out. that's a sign of confusion which is typical. yes, you're right about the guys liking girls. it was mentioned by a poster...it's from the scriptures which only mention men with men

[edit on 12-8-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here in the UK, I don't think it's so much of a religious thing. Here it seems to be more of a macho thing than anything else. It's like men don't want to do or say anything that compromises their manliness. They have to appear tough and manly.

I know a guy who won't wear red because in his mind, red is a gay colour?! He won't let his wife have anything pink in the house, just incase any of his friends come round and think that he is gay because his wife has pink stuff in the house. Completely ridiculous.

A lot of straight guys who are homophobic, think that gay men are just waiting on the chance to try and chat them up or come on to them. That is so stupid and self-flattering.

It's a completely sexist thing too. It's somehow ok on tv to show off your body if you are thin, tanned, blonde, whatever.....but if you happen to be a size 16, then that is disgusting and you should cover up.

I think it is some straight men who perpetuate these ideas and we all play along to it, our media only shows us what is deemed to be acceptable. People should be able to express themselves no matter what they look like and no matter what their sexuality is.

I have never had to explain to anyone that I am heterosexual. If I was gay, I'd feel like it is something I either have to hide, or something that I have to tell people, it's an issue. Example - I asked one of my gay male friends, "do the people in work know that you are gay?". He then said, "no, why should I have to tell people. They don't have to alert me of their married state, or that they are not gay". He said that if he was a woman, the guys in work would think it was pretty sexy to be lesbian, but because he is a man, they will be disgusted.

That is such a shame because it no-ones business what anyone else gets up to in their own bedroom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join