It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criss Angel's miracle levitations explained and exposed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There always a ton of people who watch Criss Angel levitate and think he's really using some mystical power to do it. People forget that it's an illusion because he's so good. Well, I finally came across a how to levitate video by none other than Criss Angel. Mindfreak will never be the same.

www.learnmagictricks.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
you should have posted a youtube video along with this. aint no one trying to go to that learn magic website

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Here's another one for you..

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yeah I always thought they had special pants and sort of like some fabricated stilts. I know sometimes they use wires. I never realy want to learn how they do it because it takes away all the fun. Once you know how they do it, it seems so simple and silly.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Criss Angel openly says he's an illusionist and goes out of his way to debunk others claiming to be magic or telepathic, etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Criss Angel openly says he's an illusionist and goes out of his way to debunk others claiming to be magic or telepathic, etc.

Agreed! Chris Angel isn't trying to fool anyone. As with any illusionist, all they are really asking you to do is suspend disbelieve and enjoy the show. At the end of the day we all know people don't really levitate and you can't saw a girl in half.

IRM

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

I think the problem with Chris Angel is that it has been proven that he is not even an illusionist so much as an actor with a good production team. When you resort to editing and camera tricks, you are not longer an illusionist. When you know the trick is simple tv then his magic becomes no more fantastic to watch than an episode of bewitched.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yeah, Criss Angel doesn't seriously believe that he has magical powers. All of his talk about being a "mindfreak" is just to ham up his presence and get the audience into it.

I like the guy, though. He pretty much managed to bring performance magic back into the public's awareness after it had been marginalized for a while.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Interesting. A lot of folks who are acquaintances of mine are very superstitious and wont watch him because they think he is a "demon" or a "devil" working with "special" powers from "satan!!!!

Of course they are the bible thumper folk who also think a lot of other NUTTY things are going on with just about EVERYTHING around them. Hopefully these links will convince some of the SILLY folks just how SILLY they are being.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sink the Bismarck!
I like the guy, though. He pretty much managed to bring performance magic back into the public's awareness after it had been marginalized for a while.

I disagree. I feel he has done a huge disservice to magic in general. Before Chris Angel's special brand of "tv magic" we had real magicians that could pull off amazing illusions in front of real witnessess. Sure there have always been a few that knew how the tricks were done but the fact is they could be done live, in the round and were amazing. Now Chris has this popular show full of camera tricks that get exposed on youtube all the time and it makes all magicians look like chumps that need a whole team of post production workers to make them look like they pulled off a trick. That and his damn lisp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather see David Copperfield, nerdy and accused rapist that he is, do something live than watch Chris spend 3 days in an editing bay with tape upone tape to edit together to make it look like he did a trick.

Once you add hollywood special effects to your show in place of real tricks, you are no different than Sabrian the teenage witch.

That is just me though.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney
Interesting. A lot of folks who are acquaintances of mine are very superstitious and wont watch him because they think he is a "demon" or a "devil" working with "special" powers from "satan!!!!

Of course they are the bible thumper folk who also think a lot of other NUTTY things are going on with just about EVERYTHING around them. Hopefully these links will convince some of the SILLY folks just how SILLY they are being.

But a silly person doesn't know they are silly because they're... ummm... SILLY!

IRM

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Lol.. you didn't really think he was levitating did you?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

TRUE!

Very TRUE!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by c g henderson

I kinda liked David Blaine's up close 'magic'. I think the Mindfreak is a Blaine rip off to be honest.

IRM

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
***Spoiler alert----levitation trick

Chris Angel is not a fraud...he's an illusionist...a magician. And not one of my
favorites either. I did magic shows as a teen. Some of the most amazing tricks
are quite simple.

The levitation trick is simple, though Chris does embellish after-the-fact by
clever editing. He does this with other tricks, and audience plants as well.
But big deal...it is an illusion.

The levitation trick...

Start with your back to your audience. Group them closely together
with no one in front. Turn slightly to the left with your feet together.
When you are sure no one can see the front portion of your right
foot....lift yourself off the ground with your right toe while keeping
your heels together. Makes sure no one bends down to peek under
your feet. If they do, simply settle back down quickly. This method is
only good for about 2-4 inches of "levitation, but you can do it right now
with little practice.

Chris sometimes will employ shoes that will stick together, with one shoe
and pants leg with a split where he can remove his foot and place it on an
object in front to achieve higher levitation.

When performing on the street, he simply edits. He does the 2-4 inch
method, records the reaction of the audience, then goes back to the same
spot and gets a clip of only him doing it again. Only this time there is
a wire attached to him that lifts him substantially higher. Then splices
that clip into the previous (with audience) footage. All he really needs
for this to work well is a couple of good "incredulous" close ups from
the actual audience, which for him is easy...he actually is a quite good
illusionist. I just don't care for his style.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by c g henderson

I kinda liked David Blaine's up close 'magic'. I think the Mindfreak is a Blaine rip off to be honest.

IRM

I am with you there. I know a lot of people that cannot stand to watch Blaine for the same reasons I think Chris irritates me - as a personality, but I think Blaine has a far greater variety or true illusions.

I guess I see it like this. If you want to know how to do a Blaine trick, it usually takes knowing the trick and maybe some pracitce. If you want to know how to do an Angel trick, you need a paid audience, several takes, professional editing equipment, and time to put it together.

I am just more impressed with the first option but then I am old school.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
There always a ton of people who watch Criss Angel levitate and think he's really using some mystical power to do it. People forget that it's an illusion because he's so good. Well, I finally came across a how to levitate video by none other than Criss Angel. Mindfreak will never be the same.

www.learnmagictricks.org...

what a complete spam troll clip not even go into metacafe !

here is youtube URL www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by aspx]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
PLEASE tell me no one on here really thought he had levitated...

Please.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Criss Angel's miracle levitations explained and exposed.

It's not real?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This whole thread is a wind-up right ? Is'nt it ? Criss Angel is the biggest scam merchant ever ! EVERYONE knows that don't they ? Christ its ALL camera tricks ! Been proven for donkey's years ! ( thats English for 'a long time') I used to like this guy but come on !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join