It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever feel that you are beyond your body?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Have you ever felt that although you were in your body, that you were also connected to something elsewhere that is also you? I've heard some people refer to the 'Higher Self' and I'm curious as to if this is what that feeling might be.

Every so often I get this really weird feeling that although I am currently in my body, that I am actually just sort of 'looking' through my body, as if the real me is actually somewhere else, and I'm just 'partially' here. I dont know how to explain this correctly, it's a weird sensation.

I guess i could explain it as, my soul feels like it's floating behind me, or floating somewhere, and is 'connected' to this body, but that this body is only what is letting me interact in this world, and that the real me is actually in another realm, or another place, and the two are connected by like a chain or something. Every so often I feel like I am just looking through this body, from the other end of the chain. Almost like I'm out of my body, but not having an OOBE. I'm sorry if im not making any sense here, but figured i'd try to explain it my best and see if anyone knows what im saying.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
you may want to check and see if your sugars are high or if your fatigued. i get like kinda sick and disoriented while my sugars are high and sometimes i feel like im floating or simply not "really here".

are you faint or sick or feeling queasy before after or during these episodes?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I now what you mean, also sometimes I look around and everything looks distanced or sort of not real.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I understand completely. This usually occurs when I am very tired. Make sure you drink lots of water and keep your blood sugar at a good level as well.

But... for the metaphysical aspect of it...

Sometimes at parties, I feel as if I am experiencing the collective vibe of the room and am "beyond" just myself. It is cool to feel like a part of something bigger.

-Sol

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It could just be me being dizzy or feeling #ty lately. But even when im feeling just fine, I've gotten this feeling. Just figured that i'd see if anyone else had this feeling as well.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I feel like this all the time. Sometimes I wish I didn't, but body is truly illusion.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well,it could be this, that is going on with you.

Right NOW we are experiencing a “shift of the Ages”, as was foreseen by the ancients, we are indeed in the dawning of the Age of Aquarius and the Earth and humanity are experiencing a vital transference shift from a third to a fifth dimensional frequency. This shift was and has been referred to as the ‘Time of no Time’. We are currently in the transition period of the fourth dimension which creates the illusion of being stuck in a time warp as Earth goes through a rapid shift in time and space. Throughout this transition our planet and humanity will continue to experience radical changes within their frequency, corresponding alchemical makeup and consciousness.

Which you can read more about here.

Or it maybe you have low blood sugar,or maybe the structure has not enough fresh air coming in to it.

Any way, I have personally spoken with MANY people who say they feel the same way recently.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Zetsumeii

I know exactly what you mean, I´ve been feeling this detachment for like 15 years I think.

It´s striking, the way you described it, exactly the same.

But it´s ok, just here to play the last round in this game, before it starts over in the next level.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I get this feeling that although I may be sitting down, a kind of dizziness grabs me and drags me upwards, although I never physically move. It's almost like the sensation of standing up in the cinema after a three hour epic, but it's a pleasurable feeling.

I've never experienced this before until a few months ago, since I started taking an interest in meditating and such. My blood sugars are fine, having been recently tested.

If I shut my eyes when it happens, I do feel like some part of me is lifting itself, but not physically.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Glad to hear im not the only one feeling it. This could be the proof im looking for that we are actually ascending at a faster pace from now on and especially through 2012 and onwards.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Zetsumeii

I had that sensation yesterday. I was kinda tired, didn't sleep well and made the mistake of having a sugary Starbucks caramel frap. I was in the car and felt as if the sky was only a 100 feet away and the world was a bit flatter?? Tough to describe, but a very depersonalized "away" feeling. The mind is strange and sometimes frightening. I imagine death will be the ultimate trip.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I usually fill like I reside in my head and my body just carries me around. I wonder how someone would feel if they didn't have their brain and the majority of their sense organs in the same place. How do blind people feel?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I used to have this happen to me. I'd float right out of body and walk into walls and things, I was not in control, I was above myself totally outside of my body and my body just would continue walking into things, I had no way to turn it off, and I usually enjoyed it anyway.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Rthaothal]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think that If you really focus on it, the power of empathy can allow one to imagine all sorts of bodily things. I can distinctly imagine, feel if you will, what it would be like to be on the other side of a hug I give, or to be the one recieving the punch, not giving it.

In the same sense I can feel myself, in this body. But if I try to change my perception, I can feel myself in my body but outside of it as well. It's something like being deep in a thought in your head, but it feels outside your head. I dont even know what i mean anymore!

Embrace the love vibrations!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I believe we are more than our physical bodies. We are a manifestation of consciousness and our bodies are a representation of this energy at the level of physicality. Our higher self is connected to unity consciousness, at present we are able to connect to source, to our higher self through meditation, whilst we are within our physicality we have constraints such as the ego that keep us separate from the whole, so we are able to experience self awareness in manifested physical form. i believe that every human being every creature has the ability to ascend, to evolve back to our source maintaining our learned harnessing of our physicality.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I had a similar feeling that was pretty intense, you do a wonderful job of explaining it. I was at work listening to Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now all day(audiobook). After hearing that we are not our bodies or our minds for a few hours I began to actually feel it.

I was walking and doing things but it was like I was just watching it all happen and not the one doing. My awareness felt like it took a step back from the body and I had no part in any of the motor functions of my body. It was just happening on its own and I was watching my body as a seperate entity.

Very cool experience that will stay with me always.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by bringthelight]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by bringthelight]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I feel this way also, the feelings have been getting stronger lately, its like dejavu sometimes like I have been apart of this world and experienced everything that is accuring, not like a life before this but like I was controlling everything, It could just be gas or something, IDK.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I get this feeling all the time, its really a relief to know i'm not the only one, it might not be the same one but at least it sounds similar.

Its like you're not so much experiencing reality rather than watching it happen, its a very very "what are these things, where did all of this just appear from??" ish feeling, but i think i know what it is, the theory of relativity says that essentially, physical matter is just light (as is EVERYTHING else, well according to einstein anyway) that's frequency has slowed enough for it to be perceivable as solid by the senses, and i think its just properly experiencing the tangability of physical reality, like REALLY comprehending what einstein said.

any thoughts anyone?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am on an antidepressant that if I happen to forget to take for a day or so, I get a strange sensation of being detached from my body. I have to admit that although it's not a pleasant feeling, it is a good reminder to take my meds.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I know what you are saying. Since I was a young child I have had this constant feeling that I am more than I am, if that makes any sense. I remember telling my mother when I was like 6 or 7 that I fealt like I was meant for something specific in life, that I was so much more than I was. It feels like there is so much inside me that I cannot get out. Even small things like when I run, I feel so much there but I can't let it loose, kinda like my body has a governer on it. It is physical as well as spiritual. It is very hard to explain. I have always wanted to talk to someone about it. I seem to be attuned to death somehow, in that I can feel when death is near. Every single death of someone close to me since I was a small child I have fealt beforehand. There are several other paranormal things attributed to me as well, but it's hard to explain most of it.
I would love for someone with alot of knowledge in this area to U2U me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join