It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Says Ancient Muslim Gravestones 'Built Illegally'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Israel Says Ancient Muslim Gravestones 'Built Illegally'

www.politicaltheatrics.net

Israel’s Jerusalem Municipality said Thursday that tombstones razed by authorities a day earlier in a 12th-century Muslim cemetery were “built illegally with the aim to take over the plot.”

At least 15 tombstones and structures were torn apart Wednesday in the Mamilla (Ma’man Allah) cemetery, the Al-Aqsa Foundation for Waqf and Heritage said. The latest demolitions follow the disinterment of over 1,500 graves in 2009 to make way for a controversial Museum of Tolerance. The foundation quickly denounced the move, describing it as a “heinous crime.”

Mandated with renovating buri
(visit the link for the full news article)

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, I didn't think anything the zionists do could surprise me anymore, but I was wrong. How heinious! Of course they want to wipe the fact that Palestinians have lived on the land they are illegally occupying. But to raze an ancient graveyard is more than an act against Palestinians or Muslims. It is an act against all people who care about history and tradition and culture.

Can you imagine if a jewish cemetary was dug up and desecrated? We would never hear the end of it: we're victims! how could they do this? remember the holocaust.

Israel has once again shown its true colors and the lying sneaks that they are.

www.politicaltheatrics.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Israel is no God chosen nation. Its more like Satan's Chosen nation. After all actions speak louder than words

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Is this for real?

If so I'm appalled.

They destory graves and tombstones so as to set up a museum of tolerance?

Seriously, it has to be a sick joke.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
not cool.

cool is not what it is.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i can only give this little credibility considering the source.
if true though, maybe it's payback time?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Actually i went through Mamilla cemetery last evening. Did not see anything different but i only passed by, without paying any attention.
But i have my doubts about integrity of this report. Cemetery is old. But:
people whose work was interrupted were:

Mandated with renovating burial grounds

and authorities removed:

At least 15 tombstones and structures were torn apart Wednesday

So without any photos from the event not you nor me can conclude what really happened. Especially since WAKF that digs the Temple Mount without any regard to Jewish history is involved.
Can you show me an ancient tombstone removed by Israelis before crying wolf?
Highly doubt that.
Nobody says that ancient cemetery is built illegally. What structures those guys "renovated" is the question.
Edit:
Actually i found a pictures and it is nothing but a provocation.
Look at first picture:
www.alternativenews.org...
It is just pile of stones. All the tombstones that survived look like the tombstones in the background. There are also much larger ones.
So cheap provocation. Placing piles of stones at random places is not renovating cemetery.
Link to place with pictures of cemetery from 2007. Nothing changed.
www.palestineremembered.com...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
In no way or by any means condoning or inferring agreement with the activity in question, I will say that the article really seems to imply that there is more at issue here than the text of the story covers. Maybe it's just an excuse to grab land for a museum or maybe there's something else going on with this patch of land.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Casaline

The whole issue is similar to the previous news of trying to convert the burial site into hotel. This was reported in news in April this year

The Aqsa Heritage and Endowment Foundation has confirmed that the Israeli "local committee for planning and construction" in the city of Jaffa has conclusively ratified a bid by the Zionist investment company "Nakish" to build a tourist hotel on the site of the Islamic burial grounds of al-Qishleh. The planned hotel building will extend three floors below ground.

Israel to turn Islamic burial site into hotel.

This related story was also posted on ATS before but was moved to hoax without providing any evidence of hoax. Now finally related news is gaining steam and coming to light.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I appreciate your dilligence in appropriating the photos, however I cannot agree with your finding that its randomly piled stones with the same markers in the background. I looked and studied then looked again, but cannot corroborate your view that there's no change.

Not living in Isreal as you do Im sure there is much I am unaware of. I do have oppinions that have been formed by the information I have been afforded through common and uncommon avenues. I want to believe that everyone is serving the higher good (including Israel), but it sure seems like Israel takes many liberties with aggrandizing their desires at the expense of any other group that happens to be in their way.

Dont get me wrong I am equally if not more dissappointed in my own countries actions in so many areas there are not enough characters in a thread to complete a wording of my disgust...but I always see you defending Israel in every thread and I wonder, do you honestly believe that your country has done/does no wrong?

This is intended entirely on an educational level for me and perhaps others who are interested. I do not want to blatantly bash your home, but from my perspective I stand presently more then a bit jaded.

I am certainly open to seeing what you can direct me to, to alter my oppinion based on what I have read, or heard.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

can you imagine them putting up a theater on that area where they gassed the jews in germany

anyhow, didnt israel have jews go up in a storm over a hospital that had to be built which would mean moving jewish graves.

a mall and tolarnce center surpasses those

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Muslims do it to Christian graveyards all the time.

need links for that?

www.google.com

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

I want to believe that everyone is serving the higher good (including Israel), but it sure seems like Israel takes many liberties with aggrandizing their desires at the expense of any other group that happens to be in their way.

Serving higher good? This is planet Earth we talk about. There are very few places where people are not trying to exploit other people, and this is only because their ancestors exploited other people.
And Israel is just another place on planet Earth. So it has its own problems and its own limitations. Majority of those problems and limitations however are present in all of Middle East. Even if Israel would tear down this cemetery - which did not happen - it will behave just as its neighbors did to Jewish cemeteries all over the area. The thing is that Israel is under media microscope and this is why you see bad things (and lies and propaganda war tricks and ctr) in un-proportional number. Where is Jewish cemetery in Gaza, where Jews lived before 1948? Nobody cares.
It does not mean that Israel does nothing wrong. As i said numerous times on this forum - Israel does nasty things. But there is a whole propaganda campaign against Israel ,adding to bad stuff that Israel does as one of countries on this planet and making Israel the most eeeeevil place of all.
This is why i feel the need to defend against the lies. I live here and lies smear me too.
If i will ask what country killed most civilians since 1948 or created most refugees since 1948 , lots of people here would say - Israel. And this is false, by far. But people were conditioned with all those lies.
There are lots of countries that have less discrimination and are not engaged in conflict right now. And there are lots that have more and that killed more. But i assume that you are not jaded against Turkey , for example. Or India. Or Pakistan. Or China. Or Russian federation. Those are huge countries with minorities problem so even statistically there are cases of old cemeteries being (really) destroyed and built over. You will never hear about it though.
Here without any proof, actually with opposite proof that it is fresh pile of stones without any cement or decent stone work in an ancient cemetery that was supposed to be destroyed and built over in 1940s by Muslim authorities since it was no longer functioning already then, you assume that it is something bad Israel done.
Building museum of tolerance over ancient (any,actually) cemetery, even abandoned one, is bad. Removing piles of stones that are not graves and where placed there for provocation purposes only in 2010 is normal.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
how can ancient structure be built illegally? thats like saying the pyramids do not meet building code and must be torn down.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

how can ancient structure be built illegally? thats like saying the pyramids do not meet building code and must be torn down. signature

You are completely correct. But if you and me would start adding bricks to pyramids today (or on Wednesday) according to what we would like, Egyptian authorities would declare it an illegal addition and will remove it.
Just as happened in Israel in this cemetery.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

You know, my stance on Israel has gone both directions and to be honest I really don't know where I stand with Israel anymore. I see all kinds of things that make Israel look really really bad and I don't see much good at all. I am a Christian, and I know how Christians are treated in Israel (2nd class citizens). I've seen the images in Palestine "All Muslims to the Gas Chamber" (which I don't have to tell you why this is hypocritical on a whole new level) I know that many Israelies probably aren't like this, but I'm having a hard time understanding the motivation of your people.

From where I sit (and correct me if I'm wrong) the Martyrs seem to have become the Nazis.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I do not know about Christians being 2nd class people in Israel, new to me, but there are all kinds of people here. There are Jewish supremacists/racists. There are Jewish murderers. There are Jewish pedophiles. But those are in minority, as thankfully they are everywhere.
If you want to make your own opinion - simply visit Israel. Visit Christian sites. Arab villages in Israel. Bedouin camps. Ask them.
You know, there are 1.5 million Israeli citizens who are not Jewish. And despite problems and existing discrimination there are no (usually, there were in early 2000 but it was due to intifada) mass protests. Old city of Jerusalem with hundreds of thousands of Muslims is 300 meters from Mamilla cemetery and only those two guys who were sent by this fund were there. Because everybody knows that it is no longer used (for almost a century) ancient cemetery and there are no new graves. And no real grave was destroyed.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Casaline

Well, I didn't think anything the zionists do could surprise me anymore

Sorry, Buster, you lost my interest after i Read that childish line.

So what you're saying is that nobody has to follow the rules except Israel.

Everyone gets a free pass.....EXCEPT....Israel.

Israel can do nothing right, and everything wrong that happens to Israel is just and well deserved.

Your logic is the illegitimate equivalent to a knee jerk reaction...all impulse, no substance.

You. Absolutely. Amaze. Me.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
ahem.

the OP joined today. The two posts in this thread represent the only two posts made by the user.

Agent provocateur? Shill? Troll?

Take your pick. We need a little more posting history for me to believe that this is anything more than propaganda.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
the truth is that the palestinians were going to tear it up and build a mall, offices and a hotel. they had recieved permission from all the necessary muslim authorities in egypt etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join