It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotiv~Actually control things with your mind,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Have you guys/gals seen this yet?
I couldnt find it in the science/tech forum, ...

Emotive headset that can read your thoughts and put them into whatever actions you want..

I was kinda "eh" about it at first.. but to see it work soo quick, is just amazing. lol
So easy.. and 'only' a few hundred bucks. lol

This device is put on a guys head for the first time, and within seconds, he is able to control the PC with his thoughts alone.

You can also control physical electronics, such as lights, stereos, wheelchairs,
just about anything!

This is some pretty crazy tech!

I cant wait until it becomes common. lol :p

on TED~

Promo.

What you all think?
Kind of exciting for the techies eh? lol
maybe even the non-techies?

I dunno, I find it exciting! haha

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think the tech for this is still way too slow .....

Best thing ever would be a Matrix type back of the head Neo plug in where you can control anything instantaneously.

What they show at Ted with this tech is like the first ever versions of this tech....Im thinking maybe 20-50 years and we will then have some awesomeness in this field

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yeah I plan on getting something like this next year for SW:TOR. I'm sick of using my hands and keyboard like a chump.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Student X]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

whoah! replies!

haha, yeah, using hands and keyboards and mouses are soo 21st century.
Chump material for sure!

@dominicus~
I dont know about you man,
but I certainly do not want something 'like in the matrix.'
A permanent fixture implanted into the back of my neck,
or anywhere on my body.....
No way man. lol

For being "new", this tech. is surprisingly functional.

I would rather get my hands on one of these (even being new and not fully worked out) than have something permanently jammed into my brain stem.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm really excited about this tech. It's a step in the right direction, and I'm sure will improve over time and evolve into something extraodinary. It could in fact be the first step towards something similar to the matrix. It could even end up being the first step towards controlling real objects with the mind, and not just virtual ones. What I mean by this is, we may develop this device into something that trains the mind to be able to do these things without using a device at all. The possiblities really are endless, and I will be first in line to purchase one of these devices. I also like the fact they are releasing the SDK, which means every single hacker/programmer will get their hands on the source code and work their own magic into it, give it a few years and this thing will be so much more than what it is now.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
They started showing this thing off a couple years ago and it hasn't really taken off yet. I think it might be a little extreme or weird for the average person so it wont take a very strong hold on the gaming market yet.
However i do think this is the path of future gaming so it's best to start building onto what we've got now to make it as amazing as possible. I'd also like to see more developers making games with this thing in mind and have it appear at E3 or something.

Being truthfully honest here, it's a ripoff buying this headset unless you get the developer set. Unless they've recently added onto it, the only thing worthwhile about the headset is being able to program some commands with the developer version.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Stuffed]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Why is everybody in this thread talking about how this technology is not good enough yet for their own personal experience??

I guess this may not be a big deal for anybody currently posting on these boards but imagine not having the ability to express your thoughts because your body won't function.

I guess this is a pretty big deal if you are paralyzed from the neck down or something...

Just saying....

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Why is everybody in this thread talking about how this technology is not good enough yet for their own personal experience??

I guess this may not be a big deal for anybody currently posting on these boards but imagine not having the ability to express your thoughts because your body won't function.

I guess this is a pretty big deal if you are paralyzed from the neck down or something...

Just saying....

Peace

Because this is a commercial product.

Neural / Brain Interfaces for the paralyzed have been around much longer.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Stuffed

Because this is a commercial product.

Neural / Brain Interfaces for the paralyzed have been around much longer.

Ah, I see..... couldn't watch the vid because of my slow connection. If it's indeed intended for the commercial market I must say that this technology is making progress..

I remember only a few years ago seeing something about this technology and it's application for paralyzed people. I remember thinking it would take some time before this technology would be available for anybody...

And here we are.

Thanks for the clarification Stuffed.

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
SWEEEEEEEEEEET. I ran into TED a while ago. truly ground-breaking stuff.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
These things are HARD to use atm, there's a few about and the one I've used needs to be set up, with your imagining you're flexing muscles to associate with commands. The hard part is that you need to be completely calm when you use it otherwise you seem to get erronoeus or missed commands (at least on the one I used).

Good tech and it will be improved but at the moment you seem to need to be a zen master to use them.

top topics

join