It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never-Seen: Hiroshima and Nagasaki ;Photo Gallery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Obscene and diabolical. Can't think about stuff like that too much because a pain would set in and it would become unbearable. You need a thick skin to be able to live in this world.
Everyone involved in carrying that out is a mass murderer. And they give out medals to those same folk too. ???

As much as I hate war and this sort of them, those were different times. It was a WAR. Wars aren't sadistic....they're just wars. I don't think most of us were old enough to been in those times, so we can't understand it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

That is the nuttiest thing I've read in awhile. Radioactive material isn't by itself hot...and it's supposed to be hot enough to boil water to create steam?

Who the heck would star those comments?

[edit on 8-8-2010 by ghaleon12]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It's pretty crazy what 'we' do to each other as humans, shows how far away some of us are from the real reason we are here on earth...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

You are completely WRONG,WRONG,WRONG!!!
Why don't you try talking to actual survivors
Of these atomic bomb blasts yourself.Some
are still alive today!

Prove me wrong.

If you can prove it to me by letting me be present at an explosion I will retract what I believe, till then....live in fear, it's what you're supposed to do, no different then Pavlov's Dog is supposed to salivate.

Believe me, I pretty much stand alone in my beliefs...people even foe me for not believing in the bomb like I've violated their notions of hate....silly, just plain silly.

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12

That is the nuttiest thing I've read in awhile. Radioactive material isn't by itself hot...and it's supposed to be hot enough to boil water to create steam?

Who the heck would star those comments?

[edit on 8-8-2010 by ghaleon12]

Actually mice run on wheels inside those plants. They feed them nuclear pellets and they just run and run and run....Where do you think Mighty Mouse is from?

"Here I come to save the day"....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What on Earth are you talking about?
The idea that hiroshima/nagasaki didnt occur is one of the dumbest idea's ive heard.

First, they are inhabited today.

So? For very WEAK bombs, infact CRUDE and WEAK is that a surprise?

People still live at Chernobyl too you know.

The relative size of the Chernobyl release when compared with the release due to a hypothetical ground burst of a bomb similar to the Fat Man device dropped on Nagasaki. A ground burst creates considerably more fallout than the air bursts used at Hiroshima or Nagasaki[citation needed]. Isotope Ratio between the release due to the bomb and the Chernobyl accident

90Sr 1:87
137Cs 1:890
131I 1:25
133Xe 1:31

Also, if you had of actually been to any of these places, ie Nagasaki, you’d see that there’s been a HELL of a lot of soil/land added on top, ie a few meters. Theres a viewing window down a canal that shows the ground AS IT WAS when the bomb went off.. its quite deep, under the top layer.

Second, both cities have active volcanoes within miles of the cities that just so happened to be erupting during the alleged blasts.

Volcano’s erupted during the bombs? Can you offer evidence of this?
Ive done a quick search and didn’t find anything...
Infact I did a search to list all volcano's in Japan, and there was nothing around Hiroshima.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96fd77e4854a.jpg[/atsimg]

Third, there are scant photographs of the cities before the explosions. If no one knew what they looked like before, one could assume anything could they not?

There’s a lot of FOOTAGE and photos out there actually. Just search!?

Heres one straight from google.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92a5a9ae90aa.jpg[/atsimg]

Fourth, there was a complete media blackout in reporting on the damage with no Americans being allowed into the cities with the exception of military photographers and reporters which totaled 2.

Actually, there’s many a book/dvd out there at the moment ( to which I have in my possession ) which shows footage from the days/weeks after the bomb. There’s many a military man, photographer and even journo’s going with them.

But, you must remember A nuclear bomb had just been dropped, and the entire country was only weeks prior in a ruthless bloodlust war. Why would we let anyone just walk around?

Fifth, Manzanar where most of the photo composites were most likely taken upon the camps destruction. If you look at any of the photos from Hiroshima, most only show the mountains and not the harbors except for directly over head shots. Manzanar detainment camp looks exactly like Hiroshima.

Umm, no. Theres a massive amount of photo collage’s of the entire city, every block of it on offer. Have you looked?

Manzanar is most widely known as the site of one of ten camps where over 110,000 Japanese Americans were imprisoned during World War II. Located at the foot of the Sierra Nevada in California's Owens Valley between the towns of Lone Pine to the south and Independence to the north, it is approximately 230 miles (370 km) northeast of Los Angeles. Manzanar (which means “apple orchard” in Spanish) was identified by the United States National Park Service as the best-preserved of the former camp sites, and was designated the Manzanar National Historic Site.[7]

It was not the best preserved camp as nothing stands but replicas. Also California and Japan share very similar landscapes having at one time been right next to each other a long long time ago before the earths first growth spurt.

Sixth
Hiroshima was an industrial Mecca in Japan. Industrial targets are the first taken out, not the last. Also, it is evident that bomb runs were done on the city which was destroyed by fire and not by the "blast". This is found in the testimony's of the men and women who had spotted 3 lonely bombers therefore, they did not sound the air raid siren on "that day". This indicates they had been performing bombing runs before August 6th, which again would be true as it was an industrial city. Again remember, the city was destroyed by fire, not the "bomb"

Hiroshima was not an Industrial Mecca, Nagasaki was MORE industrial, and it wasn’t a Mecca. Hiroshima had a port and a base, it wasn’t INDUSTRIAL!

Seventh
The reports. Have you ever read any of the eye witness accounts? I've collected about 14 of them so far. View them here Witness Testimony

I mean no disrespect to anyone, but these reports are too elaborate for simple folk going about their day to recall, especially after the shock of what just happened.

I know the Japanese are very intelligent people, but the depth of these reports and the details recalled are to much for me. I've seen people killed and it messes you up so bad you can't remember anything, unless you are trained to deal with such situations (which I was not). Your mind is protecting you in shock.

All of them use the same terminology. They remember the days air scents and how the light of the sun glistened off of the water and how everything was so perfect until 8:05, like they knew that day would be different so they took it all in first....give me a break.

For example, No one remembers what happened in a car wreck after impact because they are in shock, if they are even alive. They will remember bracing for the crash, not the crash itself or it's after math. They will awake in the ER saying "what happened?", not "I remember the smell of the tires as I slowly lifted my head to see the faces of the on coming car and the fear in the eyes of it's passengers"...Doesn't work that way.

Things may go into slow motion, but you remember nothing of the crash itself, just the bracing for it. It works the same way for any traumatic event in which people die. Life wasn't sweeter that day as to recall such vivid detail and sorrowful pain, rather to them, it was a day like any other and people in shock don't remember things so well.

So, your saying all these people shouldn’t remember it?
Most of the people who survived were FAR from the city centre, meaning they saw the ‘bright’ flash, they saw the ‘mushroom cloud’ they saw the flames, smoke.. what makes you think they would all see different things?

Also, they had lived through how many years of war? They aren’t like the weak minded people of today. They were able to look at the events and accept it

Eighth. The death tolls from regular bombing runs far exceeded the death toll of the "Atom" bomb, but no one is crying for them. At the Dresden, 200,000 people were killed in one night. Conventional bombing runs on Japan killed more people then the "Bomb", but they are never even mentioned...Why?

ACTUALLY

According to official German report Tagesbefehl (Order of the Day) no. 47 ("TB47") issued on 22 March the number of dead recovered by that date was 20,204, including 6,865 who were cremated on the Altmarkt square, and the total number of deaths was expected to be about 25,000[79][80][81] Another report on 3 April put the number of corpses recovered at 22,096.[79] The municipal cemetery office recorded 21,271 victims of the raids were buried in the city cemeteries, of which 17,295 were placed in the Heidefriedhof cemetery (a total that included the ashes of those cremated on the Altmarkt). Due to the number of dead and lack of labour for collection of bodies for burial and cremation, those found in shelters were cremated where they lay by flamethrowers.[82] These numbers were probably supplemented by a number of additional private burials in other places.[79] A further 1,858 bodies of victims were found during the rebuilding of Dresden between the end of the war and 1966.[83] Since 1989 despite the extensive excavation for new buildings no war-related bodies have been found.[83] The number of people registered with the authorities as missing was 35,000; around 10,000 of those were later found to be alive.[84]

The only person spouting 150,000 – 200,000 was the Nazi propaganda minister.

Ninth. What country has someone attack them, then after the matter, the victims blame humanity for the aggression? You will never hear a Japanese person say, "F---" America those Bastards killed my whole family". Nope, you will hear. "May Humanity learn from this lesson" and "Humanity saw such devastation, may I live to remind all our brothers and sisters nuclear weapons should never be used again". Did we tame them as if animals? I think not.

When I was in Hiroshima, for the anniversary of the bombing, I asked local Japanese why American flags fly so proudly in their shops
They said

‘’ America so big, so strong, Japan so small, so weak ‘’

I think them being bombed showed their actual place on the world.

Incase your interested heres a write up with photos I took during my trip through Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 2008
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Hello ltru, what you speak of is intriguing and I would like to see more discussion of it. Might you start a thread so your theory can be put thru the ats ringer? I am guessing it would be an interesting journey.
Nothing can really surprise me anymore so I can't say I doubt what you say is true, with much certainty. I would like to know more however.

spec

Hello speculativeoptimist

There have already been a few threads started by various other members. I will have to search for them and give you the links or you can search for them yourself.

To be honest with you, even when I was young and would watch the old footage of "tests" (a very important term to be aware of) I used to think, "that looks like scale modeled photography" and I'm certain that is what it is in most of the shots sold to the public from the CDC and Atomic Commission.

After the "bombs" were dropped, due to the lack of photographic evidence, the US Air Force set out on one of the biggest campaigns ever to begin documenting the nuclear program and set up a studio in LA, called Look Out Mountain Air Force Station. It is out of this station that such innovations in film as CinemaScope and Vista Vision and many more of the Big screen innovations.

The Lookout Mountain Air Force Station (LMAFS) located on Wonderland Avenue, Los Angeles, California, provided in-service production of classified motion picture and still photographs to the U.S. Department of Defense and the Atomic Energy Commission from 1947-1969.

The 100,000-square-foot (10,000 m2) facility is built on 2 acres (8,100 m2) of land and was originally built in 1941 as a World War II air defense center to coordinate radar installations. The studio was established in 1947 and its purpose kept secret. The studio consisted of a complete stage, 2 screening rooms, a helicopter landing pad, a bomb shelter and 17 climate controlled film vaults as well as two underground parking garages. With the latest equipment the studio could process both 35 mm and 16 mm motion pictures as well as optical prints and still photographs. The nuclear tests at Nevada Test Site were filmed in various formats including CinemaScope, stereophonic sound, Vista Vision and 3-D photography.

A movie produced about this studio called "Hollywood's Top Secret Film Studio - The Atomic Filmmakers" is really interesting to watch in the fact that all of the old boys working there use very specific language when ever speaking about the documentation of "TESTS" stating that Size, Construction, and Materials were always "top secret". I believe that is because they shot tests with scale models. Wither or not they were real was "top secret" as it wasn't the weapon they were so much concerned with, but rather the "Effect" used to convince the audience.

I'll try to dig on those threads for you,

Again, I mean no disrespect to people. I've stated that if I am able to see one myself I will retract my belief, but on the other hand I won't believe it just because it's on celluloid and I believe anyone doing so is doing a great injustice to themselves, let alone the rest of the world by blindly believing something just because they saw it on T.V.

I have no problem with people believing in it, I just think it is unfounded. You see all kinds of UFO's on camera, but not one has landed and it's drivers come out to great the world...because they don't exist, at least not the way people think...it's our own people playing these games with folks...it's their job and they do it well.

Peace

[edit on 9-8-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
even if what is shown in a picture is "real". how does that make any difference now? if japan is a race and now is viewed as being a "premier" partner in capitalism; would not the prior posters conjectures and opposing views be of benefit for japan and the naysayers.

if atomic weaponry never met the scale beyond self observation; would not deception be beneficial. the knowledge gained by being self aware of this would be invaluable pertaining application in science.the fool would be the misprofit gained by deception itself.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

They probably foe you for your denial of
the truth!
Since the U.S. and Israel are so hated by
the world.We wait long enough,someone
will nuke us in the near future.
Then,you will have your proof.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Let me ask you a question: Do you believe that the Holocaust actually happened?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Wow, some pretty awesome responses.

Still a sticky subject that can raise the temps in folks.

Wait till the next one (nukes) to go off-well, it won't be one.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
War isn't suppose to be pretty

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You are asking why stones and bodies are not charred. There is a great documentary that I saw on HBO called "White Light, Black Rain".

You will see plenty of charred bodies and massive destruction, along with horrifying stories from some of the few survivors.

Although it was informative, it was also gruesome. But if you need the grotesque in order to convince you, this film should do so. (And probably make you ashamed you doubted)

By the way I am unconvinced you are real. Any good AI program can input responses like yours...
Prove to me you are real, please.

[edit on 10/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I didn't go through and read every post because I saw way too much ignorance.

What you people are failing to understand is by dropping 2 bombs we saved more lives. If we all out invaded both sides would have suffered 10 times more.

If they didn't surrender after the second there would have been a 3rd.
In Japanese culture there is no surrender. You fight till your enemy or you are dead.

I was stationed in Okinawa and we went to the mainland more times then i can count and every time we went I made sure to take as many people as I could to the Hiroshima peace museum.

Yes it was an awful sight but it ended a terrible war and we won.
What do you think it would be like if we lost?

Japan was fully compensated after we destroyed 2 of their cities. We gave them roughly 4 billion dollars to rebuild.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Has anyone ever considered why these two cities were chosen in the first place?

I find it interesting to note that these two cities had the highest concentration of Catholics on the entire island of Japan.

People tend to harm those who are least likely to resemble themselves or share the same values not the other way around.

Surely our government chose these to for a reason, one day we may know just what those reasons really were.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Back in the 1970s i talked to some of the survivors of the atrocities during the Japanese occupation in the Philippines and Vietnam.

What they wondered was why we did not drop one of the bombs on the emperors palace in Tokyo.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Back in the 1970s i talked to some of the survivors of the atrocities during the Japanese occupation in the Philippines and Vietnam.

What they wondered was why we did not drop one of the bombs on the emperors palace in Tokyo.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HIStory Indeed

Why the cities were chosen.

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

the link dont work

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
www.history.navy.mil...

On 4 October 1945, a typhoon was spotted developing in the Caroline Islands and tracked as it moved on a predictable course to the northwest. Although expected to pass into the East China Sea north of Formosa on 8 October, the storm unexpectedly veered north toward Okinawa. That evening the storm slowed down and, just as it approached Okinawa, began to greatly increase in intensity. The sudden shift of the storm caught many ships and small craft in the constricted waters of Buckner Bay (Nakagusuku Wan) and they were unable to escape to sea. On 9 October, when the storm passed over the island, winds of 80 knots (92 miles per hour) and 30-35 foot waves battered the ships and craft in the bay and tore into the quonset huts and buildings ashore. A total of 12 ships and craft were sunk, 222 grounded, and 32 severely damaged. [for listing of vessels] Personnel casualties were 36 killed, 47 missing, and 100 seriously injured. Almost all the food, medical supplies and other stores were destroyed, over 80% of all housing and buildings knocked down, and all the military installations on the island were temporarily out of action. Over 60 planes were damaged as well, though most were repairable. Although new supplies had been brought to the island by this time, and emergency mess halls and sleeping quarters built for all hands, the scale of the damage was still very large. If the war had not ended on 2 September, this damage, especially the grounding and damage to 107 amphibious craft (including the wrecking of four tank landing ships, two medium landing ships, a gunboat, and two infantry landing craft) would likely have seriously impacted the planned invasion of Japan (Operation Olympic).

so HAD we gone through with the invasion it seems we would have been hit by a huge massive storm that would have severly affected our invasion plans(sound familer?) so for the second time in history the nation of japan when facing and overwhelming foe would have been saved by a giant storm/tsunami.....if you look at it from the point of the japanese people who had never had their country successfully invaded(home islands)it would have been a huge morale boost and may even have been viewed as a "message from the gods" that they should do exactly what they had planed at that point fighting to the last man and child in their country against a us invasion force....

home.roadrunner.com... this link talks about the casualty estimates for the invasion

www.upa.pdx.edu... map showing locations of planned invasions and landign sites

ww2db.com...
www.mtholyoke.edu...

Transcript of "OPERATION DOWNFALL [US invasion of Japan]: US PLANS AND JAPANESE COUNTER-MEASURES" by D. M. Giangreco, US Army Command and General Staff College, 16 February 1998
so those should help people get the bigger picture of why dropping those bombs ironically might have saved more lives then they took

www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

Stacked up corpses were being hauled away on lorries. Everywhere there was the stench of the dead and of smoke. I saw the places on the pavement where people had been roasted to death. At last I comprehended first-hand what an air-raid meant. I turned back, sick and scared. Later I learned that 40% of Tokyo was burned that night, that there had been 100,000 casualties and 375,000 left homeless.” “A month after the March raid, while I was on a visit to Honjo on a particularly beautiful cherry-blossom day, I saw bloated and charred corpses surfacing in the Sumida River. I felt nauseated and even more scared than before.” “We ourselves were burned out in the fire raid of May 25th 1945. As I ran I kept my eyes on the sky. It was like a fireworks display as the incendiaries exploded. People were aflame, rolling and writhing in agony, screaming piteously for help, but beyond all mortal assistance.” Fusako Sasaki

and www.japanfocus.org...
are links talking about exactly how many people and homes our "normal" fire bombs were doing allready to japan and had we not used the bombs the campaign of firebombing would have continued

www.commondreams.org...
www.itnsource.com...* video of what it looks like to be in a major storm on a warship
edit on 21-6-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-6-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join