Never-Seen: Hiroshima and Nagasaki ;Photo Gallery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

I know, believe me... I understand where you were coming from and I agree... my post was merely an attempt to respond to those who are either ignorant of Japan's role in WWII or choose to ignore it in favor of the more popular paradigm of blaming the U.S. for everything bad that comes down the pike...

That not withstanding, the fact that it would even come to such a pass, even faced with such a determined and ferocious enemy is just... well, words can't convey.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wow... Totally un-freakin' real. I got to thinking about what those areas are like now - Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Are they still radioactive? Are they deserted? Or was the A-bomb back then weaker and did it dissipate enough over the years for them to rebuild and re-inhabit the area? I think I'll go look that up. I'm not usually a history buff but I'm curious now.

I can't believe those people actually forgave us. There were any number of ways we could have ended that war without murdering hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians who did nothing to deserve that.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

curious why those with these pics didn't share them for so long.

makes me wonder what other pictures from what stories they have obtained that they may not reveal for another 50+ years after the fact.

it wasn't just any one pic that was worth taking a gander at to understand history. i thought the pic of the letter was interesting as well.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
Wow... Totally un-freakin' real. I got to thinking about what those areas are like now - Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Are they still radioactive? Are they deserted? Or was the A-bomb back then weaker and did it dissipate enough over the years for them to rebuild and re-inhabit the area? I think I'll go look that up. I'm not usually a history buff but I'm curious now.

I can't believe those people actually forgave us. There were any number of ways we could have ended that war without murdering hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians who did nothing to deserve that.

It's a gimmick.

You don't find any pictures of Hiroshima or Nagasaki "before" the bomb, unless they are from around 1900. Why? There should be tons of pics floating around, but go search for one...you'll be lucky to find more than just a few.

You most likely won't find any because you aren't supposed to know what they looked like "before". Then you could compare, then you could discover, then you would know....It's a gimmick struck by two leaders for economic advantages on the "world stage".

You don't find it weird that we start importing all Japanese cars, Televisions, Radios, Electronics so on and so forth after the war?

You don't find it strange that most of the Hawaiian Islands first language on billboards and print is in Japanese which own most of the businesses in Hawaii and a majority of the land? I guess it's no different then selling Iran our old Tomcats eh?

Surely you must find it ironic that Japan let us stage nukes on their soil aimed at North Korea in the 80's and 90's, the country who is the poster boy for Non Nuclear proliferation and have vowed to put an end to nuclear "destruction".

You don't find it odd that Japanese people have no ill against the US, but rather Humanity, while Jews spout "Anti-semite" at anyone who looks at them wrong? Humanity didn't drop the "bomb", the US did.

Why not drop the bomb on "Tokyo" the capital? Isn't the point to wipe out leadership? That's what we do in war...take out Saddam, take out Noriega, take out Milosivich. Did we have the dumbest people in the country planning the attacks or the smartest? Surely the smartest, because people still believe it to this day...just show them some 60 year old pictures of Japanese detainment camps being torn down outside of Los Angeles, tell them it's a place they've never seen before and Kablamo, you've just subjected the world to your "terror".

Ever heard of the "image" of the beast...You're looking at them. We can even make them come to life, these images, and all shall bow to them. Stop believing images, start believing reality. If you've never seen a Nuclear Bomb in real life, you won't ever see a Nuclear Bomb EXCEPT for in pictures and movies...the only place they exist.

But what about Nuclear Power they say? Well nuclear power isn't derived from "Nuclear" rather it's derived from the steam the radioactive material heats, so really any heat source can provide the power so long as it can boil water such as fissures in the crust, which just so happen to be the places "nuclear" power plants are located.

"They wanted me to build them a bomb, so I took their plutonium and in turn, gave them a shiny bomb-casing full of used pinball machine parts!" Dr. Emmet Brown

Peace

[edit on 7-8-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

If you've never seen a Nuclear Bomb in real life, you won't ever see a Nuclear Bomb EXCEPT for in pictures and movies...the only place they exist.

So you're saying the bombs were never dropped?
That there are no such thing as nuclear bombs?
What's your point?
Please don't talk around the subject just come out and say one way or another if you believe the bombs were dropped on Japan or no.

Thanks
peace

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Here's a thread from last year with more info - just in case anyone is still interested...

Nagasaki 64 Years ago Today. Warning - Post may contain Hope.

I've got another one but can't find it. I'll go look.

Thanks again for posting these pictures - lest we ever forget.

peace

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by anon72

Wow, total destruction! What a sad and sadistic action. If there is such a thing as karma, paying dues on this one will take a lot and a long time.
I agree, surreal is the word. I wonder why we are just now seeing these, as mentioned? Did they figure it's been long enough now, they can show the level of annihilation that occurred? Sobering for sure!

Nice find anon,
spec

Edit To Add:
Talk about "surreal," check out this juxtaposition of contemporary Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
www.pixyard.com...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

Not as sick as not using them and continuing the war for another year and 10 million dead on a Japanese Island invasion! However I can imagine a lot of these dead folks were celebrating the attacks on pearl harbor just 4 years prior. When will we stop wars? This one wasnt stopped until it was certain that one side has numerical advantages! How do we come to that conclusion without having to go through the war! We must learn as a civilization that war is wrong but being pacifist doesnt work wither so

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Do you young people that only have the mildest sense of what warefare is about get it? No. I doubt it. None of you have really had to put up with a real war such as was WWII.

I'm against war. I'm against turning the other cheek also. Neither makes much sense. What did make sense, across mulitple courses of argument is the bombing of Japan that swiftly ended the war in about two days.

The allies tried to end the European war by fire-bombing Dresden and other German towns. Hundreds of thousands citizens of that country--many innocent--died. Thousands of buildings and much of the infrastructures of those towns were destroyed, to no avail.

The powers that be in both countries, Germany and Japan, were determined to fight to the very end. In the Pacific, we lost thousands of men storming one stategic but otherewise unimportant island after another. The decision to A-bomb Japan was correct from the viewpoint of the allies. Had such a decisive method not have been utilized, the unused bombs of Europe would have made their way to the Far East. Via bomb or in-your-face bullets, hundreds of thousand of Japanes military and a very ardent civilain force would have died and suffered. War is nasty. People die by the most horrible means known to man. Bullets or slow-acting radiation, it makes little difference.

Of course, Japan would beg to differ as will all of apologists and revisionist today that do not know real war first hand. As I'm fond of saying to the UFO debunkers, the same applies to the swift ending of WWII: "You shoulda been there...."

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I know how disconcertingly disturbing it is to see the aftermaths of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but it was better than launching a frontal assault on the Japanese home islands.

Can you imagine how many Japanese troops and civilians, along with invading U.S. and British Commonwealth troops could have been killed?

I hate to iterate this fact, but the atomic bombings thwarted Stalin's agenda for Soviet domination of the Asia-Pacific region.

And another thing:

The globalist Freemasons were behind the atomic bombings.

Masonic - Occult Numerology

On August 6, 1945 at 8:15 a.m. United States B-29 bomber Enola Gay, on Mission No. 13, dropped an atomic bomb called "Little Boy" on Hiroshima, Japan right next to the 33rd degree latitude line. This was "Day One" of a new age, the Nuclear Age. It was also 33 days after 169th 13 x 13 anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by anon72

Wow, total destruction! What a sad and sadistic action. If there is such a thing as karma, paying dues on this one will take a lot and a long time.

From my point of view, this exactly is the result of karma for PUNISHING them for what they DID do. They were an enemy that would never quit, so we threatened to blow their collective asses off the planet and achieved peace.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by FocusedWolf]

link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Why do i find it not surprising somebody is blaming this on the freemasons, in a few pages most likely somebody will blame the illuminati. In practically every thread on ats concerning world events, there are always people who go ILLUMINATI/FREEMASONS DID IT.

link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Why do i find it not surprising somebody is blaming this on the freemasons, in a few pages most likely somebody will blame the illuminati. In practically every thread on ats concerning world events, there are always people who go ILLUMINATI/FREEMASONS DID IT.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

If you've never seen a Nuclear Bomb in real life, you won't ever see a Nuclear Bomb EXCEPT for in pictures and movies...the only place they exist.

So you're saying the bombs were never dropped?
That there are no such thing as nuclear bombs?
What's your point?
Please don't talk around the subject just come out and say one way or another if you believe the bombs were dropped on Japan or no.

Thanks
peace

Hello Silo13 nice to see you. Sorry if I was unclear.

No, I do not believe atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima or Nagasaki or that anything called a Nuclear Weapon even exists. I'm willing to accept being wrong, but from the evidence, I do not believe any such weapon exists, nor was deployed over either of the cities.

First, they are inhabited today.

Second, both cities have active volcanoes within miles of the cities that just so happened to be erupting during the alleged blasts.

Third, there are scant photographs of the cities before the explosions. If no one knew what they looked like before, one could assume anything could they not?

Fourth, there was a complete media blackout in reporting on the damage with no Americans being allowed into the cities with the exception of military photographers and reporters which totaled 2.

Fifth, Manzanar where most of the photo composites were most likely taken upon the camps destruction. If you look at any of the photos from Hiroshima, most only show the mountains and not the harbors except for directly over head shots. Manzanar detainment camp looks exactly like Hiroshima.

Manzanar is most widely known as the site of one of ten camps where over 110,000 Japanese Americans were imprisoned during World War II. Located at the foot of the Sierra Nevada in California's Owens Valley between the towns of Lone Pine to the south and Independence to the north, it is approximately 230 miles (370 km) northeast of Los Angeles. Manzanar (which means “apple orchard” in Spanish) was identified by the United States National Park Service as the best-preserved of the former camp sites, and was designated the Manzanar National Historic Site.[7]

It was not the best preserved camp as nothing stands but replicas. Also California and Japan share very similar landscapes having at one time been right next to each other a long long time ago before the earths first growth spurt.

Sixth
Hiroshima was an industrial mecca in Japan. Industrial targets are the first taken out, not the last. Also, it is evident that bomb runs were done on the city which was destroyed by fire and not by the "blast". This is found in the testimony's of the men and women who had spotted 3 lonely bombers therefore, they did not sound the air raid siren on "that day". This indicates they had been performing bombing runs before August 6th, which again would be true as it was an industrial city. Again remember, the city was destroyed by fire, not the "bomb"

Seventh
The reports. Have you ever read any of the eye witness accounts? I've collected about 14 of them so far. View them here Witness Testimony

I mean no disrespect to anyone, but these reports are too elaborate for simple folk going about their day to recall, especially after the shock of what just happened.

I know the Japanese are very intelligent people, but the depth of these reports and the details recalled are to much for me. I've seen people killed and it messes you up so bad you can't remember anything, unless you are trained to deal with such situations (which I was not). Your mind is protecting you in shock.

All of them use the same terminology. They remember the days air scents and how the light of the sun glistened off of the water and how everything was so perfect until 8:05, like they knew that day would be different so they took it all in first....give me a break.

For example, No one remembers what happened in a car wreck after impact because they are in shock, if they are even alive. They will remember bracing for the crash, not the crash itself or it's after math. They will awake in the ER saying "what happened?", not "I remember the smell of the tires as I slowly lifted my head to see the faces of the on coming car and the fear in the eyes of it's passengers"...Doesn't work that way.

Things may go into slow motion, but you remember nothing of the crash itself, just the bracing for it. It works the same way for any traumatic event in which people die. Life wasn't sweeter that day as to recall such vivid detail and sorrowful pain, rather to them, it was a day like any other and people in shock don't remember things so well.

Eighth. The death tolls from regular bombing runs far exceeded the death toll of the "Atom" bomb, but no one is crying for them. At the Dresden, 200,000 people were killed in one night. Conventional bombing runs on Japan killed more people then the "Bomb", but they are never even mentioned...Why?

Ninth. What country has someone attack them, then after the matter, the victims blame humanity for the aggression? You will never hear a Japanese person say, "F---" America those Bastards killed my whole family". Nope, you will hear. "May Humanity learn from this lesson" and "Humanity saw such devastation, may I live to remind all our brothers and sisters nuclear weapons should never be used again". Did we tame them as if animals? I think not.

A kamikaze was prepared to give his life for his country if only to take out one more enemy vessel. Why the change of attitude all of the sudden, when conventional bombs killed more than any Atom bomb ever could?

Why aren't the Jews saying the same thing instead of calling anyone not agreeing with them "anti-semites" when agreeing or not agreeing with policy has nothing to do with race? You don't hear, "May all of humanity learn from the Holocaust" from the Jews do you? You don't hear the Polish saying "Anti-Pollock". You don't hear Russians saying "Anti-Russian" just as you don't hear Japanese saying the same.

It is amazing to me that for such an atrocity, these people don't want to lynch us. I'm thankful they don't, but where is the sense of anger, of sadness, of "Never Forget"?

Tenth, in the "coldwar" America staged supposed nukes on Japanese soil aimed at North Korea...Kinda hypocritical don't you think?
Source
2nd Source

Anyway, I've listed some of the reasons I believe their were no nukes used. I don't believe in the weapon, I don't believe it exists. I believe it was a deal. Pearl Harbor gets us in and we'll end it with the New Clear weapon...."Film". Film is far more deadly, then any bomb. War means "to confuse/Perplex"...and it has been accomplished. There is a war going on right now for your mind. We are the new battlefield.

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Hello ltru, what you speak of is intriguing and I would like to see more discussion of it. Might you start a thread so your theory can be put thru the ats ringer? I am guessing it would be an interesting journey.
Nothing can really surprise me anymore so I can't say I doubt what you say is true, with much certainty. I would like to know more however.

spec

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

This was not in response to Pearl Harbor. This was in response to DOD assessments given to Truman suggesting that in order to secure a Japanese surrender, we (the allies) would've suffered over 500,000 casualties invading the Japanese mainland - and before they waived the white flag, the Japanese would've suffered over 1,000,000. The kicker? The Japanese didn't even surrender after the first bomb dropped... they required a second. Admirable bravado and sense of honor, despicable lack of understanding towards their own people...

Uhh, yeah it was. At least in part.

“Nobody is more disturbed over the use of atomic bombs than I am but I was greatly disturbed over the unwarranted attack by the Japanese on Pearl Harbor and their murder of our prisoners of war" - Turman, source: www.johnwcooper.com...

Furthermore it didn't take two bombs to force the Japanese to surrender. The Us had intelligence from as early as Feburary of '45 indicating that the Japanese were considering surrender. In July of that same year the Japanese began talks with Moscow and the Swiss to come to some sort of surrender. The biggest barrier preventing the Japanese from surrendering wasn't some desire to keep on fighting in the face of utter destruction, it was concerns about the emperor and how he would be treated post war. This is why the Japanese did not accept the Potsdam Declaration, although they gave it considerable thought the main issue for them was no guarantee that the emperor would remain in power, and the language of the declaration led them to believe that he would be tried for war crimes.

The Japanese didn't surrender because of the second a-bomb, they surrendered because the US stepped away from their policy of unconditional surrender and agreed to a conditioned surrender that kept the emperor in power.

Eisenhower
"...the Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing." - Ike on Ike, Newsweek, 11/11/63

Admiral Lehey
"It is my opinion that the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender because of the effective sea blockade and the successful bombing with conventional weapons." - William Leahy, I Was There, pg. 441.

Herbert Hoover
"I am convinced that if you, as President, will make a shortwave broadcast to the people of Japan - tell them they can have their Emperor if they surrender, that it will not mean unconditional surrender except for the militarists - you'll get a peace in Japan - you'll have both wars over." Hoover in a conversation with Truman, May 28, 1945

MacArthur
"When I asked General MacArthur about the decision to drop the bomb, I was surprised to learn he had not even been consulted. What, I asked, would his advice have been? He replied that he saw no military justification for the dropping of the bomb. The war might have ended weeks earlier, he said, if the United States had agreed, as it later did anyway, to the retention of the institution of the emperor." Norman Cousins, The Pathology of Power, pg. 65, 70-71.

Ect, ect. I can continue with quotes all day from high ranking US officials who were convinced that Japan was prepared to surrender before Aug '45.

The primary reasons for dropping the bombs were:
- Intimidating the USSR so the US could maintain a favorable balance of power.
- We had it, it worked, and the US spent almost as much on the A-bomb as we had on all conventional bombs. And all of this spending was kept secret from congress. If the bomb hadn't been used then the Us leadership would have to explain why.
- Ending the war as quickly as possible, mainly to prevent the USSR from having time to invade northern Japan.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

Originally posted by Ikema
And what's so amazing is Japan was sooo inoccent in this war.

far from it, the crimes to humanity they committed in asia and sneak attacking us on a sunday. thats a no no.

Who is "they"? The women and children and other civilians who were going peaceably about their lives in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? These cities were not homes to military bases or shipyards or weapons-producing factories. To have bombed such facilities would have been an unnecessary destruction of useful assets acquirable upon U.S. military entry after surrender.

When the Japanese airforce attacked the U.S., they attacked a military naval base, targeting WMDs.

In the correspondent's letter posted earlier, the writer says that he/they felt like weeping upon seeing the level of destruction, but then adds, "but not for the Japs." Then for what is he weeping? The bleached bones of dogs and horses? The charred remains of trees or the absence of birds on the wing?

And what's so amazing is Japan was sooo inoccent in this war.

You are saying this out of defense, so that you don't have to feel the sadness of this inhumane act. You may have been born in America, but that doesn't make you responsible for what vested economic interests, politicians and evil spirits have engineered in the past. Japanese leaders were not innocent but the civilians of those nuked cities were. They didn't ask to be born in Japan in that period. If Japanese mothers refused to allow their sons to join the Imperial Army, they would have probably been beheaded. Even as recently as the Vietnam War, conscientious objectors in America who had been conscripted to the war, such as Seventh Day Adventists were given an alternative to prison, which was volunteering to be experimentally infected with plague and other toxins and then treated with experimental antidotes.

If we educated and civilized peoples of the world are still unable to say "NO" to the power groups behind these events then we are destined for horrible suffering in the next war.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

My answer to your question is...
NO! Dropping those atomic bombs
saved millions of lives,both american
and japanese.
The american forces were preparing
to invade the japanese mainland.If
this had happened,millions would have
died.
FYI...I have a japanese aunt who is a
survivor of the bomb dropped on Nagazaki!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Whats even more terrible is that the Japs were warned that this wold happen. Maybe in not in graphic detail, they were warned that they would see destruction like never before seen on earth, if they did not surrender. I feel bad for those who were innocent and lost there lives. But the only one you can blame is the emporer of Japan for his hard headedness. We were lossing the war in asia and had little options left on the table. The Japs didnt even surrender after the first bomb hit. What was the United States suppose to do. It has sent a message to the world thats for sure that we are the only country that has ever used a nuke in war and if we have to will use one again. I hope not but victory must always come first no surrender.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You are completely WRONG,WRONG,WRONG!!!
Why don't you try talking to actual survivors
Of these atomic bomb blasts yourself.Some
are still alive today!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Well these bombings were actually in retaliation to the pearl harbor bombings, so in a way these bombings were karma to the japanese, albeit these were much more devastating.

The fire bombing of Tokyo might have been karma.

Targeting an atomic bomb on the Mother of God Cathedral and destroying the Christian heartland of Japan is on an entirely different level of diabolical evil.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join