It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Men In Black: Government Agents or Extra-Terrestrial Enforces?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
MEN IN BLACK GOVERNMENT AGENTS OR EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL ENFORCERS Men in Black (also called MIBs) are alleged to visit individuals who have witnessed a UFO and warn them not to tell others about what they have seen. Men in Black supposedly use all forms of persuasion to silence UFO witness-including the threat of deadly force if necessary. These Men in Black are usually seen in groups of three and are thought to be either extra terrestrial enforcers or government intelligence agents. Men in Black are responsible for silencing witnesses to UFOs and ensuring that UFO events are kept hidden from the public. Men in Black pose as salesmen, utility repairmen or agents of the government to gain access to UFO witnesses. They harass UFO witnesses through phone calls and surprise visits. Men in Black are alleged to drive black vintage Buicks or Lincoln town cars. Description Extra-terrestrial Species: Men In Black Aliases: MIBs Height: 5 - 6.5 feet Weight: 180 -220 pounds (estimated) Eyes: Sensitive to light, usually wear sunglasses Hair: Black Skin: Pale white Sex: Male Location of Origin Unknown Distinguishing Characteristics Expressionless face Dress in black Ackward "robot"-like movement Speak in a monotone voice Thin lips

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I like the Deus Ex theory about the MIBs, that they are a sort of human-machine things, which explains their monotone voice, as well as the sunglasses that cover their eyes. The eyes are modified to see in darkness, so their eyes would have looked, uh, weird without those glasses...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Can you post the link to that theory?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It's not really a theory, it's a computer game. The name of the game is Deus Ex. You can read more of it here:

www.planetdeusex.com...

I was describing their appearances in the game. They also had a tatoo an their necks, one resembling an eye, but with no explanation.

You should really check this game. You won't regret it.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
if they were aliens then why couldent they just abduct ppl and erase their memory and use screen memory.

[edit on 18-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I find MIB to be among the most bizarre phenomena. They apparently drive and dress in vintage cars/clothing that is brand-spanking new, almost as if they were "invented" or "materialized" in the 70s and are never quite aware of what era they are in at any given time, assuming they are not bound to all the laws of time and space.

They seem to be far too clueless to be either aliens or G-men, and they also have a long earth history, even appearing in ancient times, yet obviously in different, yet atramentous, garb.

Apparently, they always appear in threes. I wonder, do you think the Three Wise Men could have been MIB?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think that the traditional Men in Black fall into two categories, and are utilized in different ways (at least in the past...very few modern accounts of them)....

1) Hybrids-these seem to be used in the more threatening cases, where there has been actual contact, or an unexplainable sighting. This also occurs when the authorities haven't even been notified, and suggests that most of these are more in the employ of the Aliens (or at least working on their behalf)...

2) Human-these are more in the government agencies, etc. and respond to reported sightings.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What about Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones?

But seriously, I didnt know there were records of MIB in ancient times. Can someone post a link on that?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The human/government ones are NRO officers. The others are hybrids, or genetically-altered humans. IN MY experience, the NRO officers are NICE.... very protective of me!!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
www.csicop.org...

The above is a link to the article about Gray Barker. Mr. Barker invented the "Men In Black" as a joke in the 1956 book "They Knew Too Much About Flying Saucers." It is amazing that things that were created as a joke years later are thought to be true and become part of the UFO folklore.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by derekcbart
Mr. Barker invented the "Men In Black" as a joke in the 1956 book "They Knew Too Much About Flying Saucers." It is amazing that things that were created as a joke years later are thought to be true and become part of the UFO folklore.

derekcbart,
Just because someone wrote about this group earlier does not mean that it doesn't exist. Anyway the MIB is just an associated nickname. Nobody really knows what the official name for the group is, but people have seen suspicious groups of people in black suits around unexplained events. MIB was just used to describe the group. I don't think that (if the group exists) they would be ET in origin, but that is just an opinion. I really enjoyed the movie MIB, but to think that this is actually any representation of a group that exists in my opinion is not correct and somewhat foolish. I would think it would be a more down to earth structured organization that would act somewhat like the millitary. No special mind control devises, no cricket guns, and no amusement ride space ships. I have to laugh though because I posted a thread like this one and you should see all the people that insist this group doesn't exist. Just asked some hypothetical questions and well... see for yourself

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think you misunderstood the reason of the article that I posted.

The entire concept of mysterious people showing up at supposed UFO locations did not EXIST until this guy made it all up.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The entire concept of mysterious people showing up at supposed UFO locations did not EXIST until this guy made it all up.

The history of UFOs is so convoluted that I think it's pretty much imposdsible to pinpoint the creation of anything. Barker could very easily have heard stories from others (unpublished stories, of course) from UFO contactees about strange people visiting them from the government.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying and you may very well be correct. My point is that even though it was written about earlier, you should not automatically count out the fact they exist, after all many people wrote science fiction about moon and space exploration before it happened too. These publications only sparked interest and created the thought process to make the future real events take place. I guess it all depends on how much of the information that has been leaked you actually believe. If there are secret bases that contain aliens, then it would seem likely to me that there is some sort of agency trying to control what information becomes public. Some have claimed that the aliens that are here actually run bases under government supervision in order to let them carry out experiments and research. If this is the case I could see that there would be a group governing or moderating their activities for obvious reasons. If the general public was aware that the US government was allowing ET's to freely carry out abductions and experiments on us there would be mass hysteria. This way everything is hush hush and the information remains in boards like this one. You are right... they may not exist, but in my opinion if aliens have been here and have remained here then I would be inclined to believe that they do exist.

Kata.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You are incorrect.

The first accounts off the top of my head, of Men in Black were made in the 40's, including even the most famous UFO case of all time...Roswell. Many witnesses told accounts of an African American (though they didn't use the PC term) army officer who threatened them if they spoke about what they saw. There are other accounts prior to the 50's in Britain as well (read Jenny Randles' book). Kenneth Arnold coined the phrase "flying saucer" early on too...but that doesn't mean they weren't flying around prior (just look at some of the art during the Renaissance)....

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Sorry if this is considered necro-posting, but....

I recall reading a book on MIBs that give appearances of them as far back as the 1200s.

An interesting story I found in there was one that took place before America decided to become America. Evidently, a meeting took place of some kind where people were discussing wether or not to become their own country, instead of remaining a colony of England. Alot of people were either scared or against the idea, and an unknown person wearing all black walked into the building, gave an extremely stirring speech, and then left.

This speech is supposedly what gave them the courage....

This is all from memory from years back, (so I'm sure there's plenty of details I left out) and I don't remember the name of the book...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
As the only one here who has encounted them,let me say this. Most were short.Not suit and tie,a one piece black covering.
I was told that they "Were worried about your digging into their methods."

Hmm.Must have a brain up there. Dr. Mack's book bothered them.I lifted the book in defiance.A semi-transparent man in Black came through the wall.They are not physical.He walked right through me,causing something like an electric jolt.
"You are not allowed to hurt me" I said. From previous encounters.They can make it harrowing though.
Shorty I call him.When he shows up ,he gets right into your mind.Even implants sexual stuff.
"I take a few liberties" he said. The little dude scares me.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Interesting.Like that old story about the MIB and woman companion visiting a human.The MIB started fondling the woman.
I think they have trouble controlling themselves among humans.
Shorty there for a time shape shifted into exotic forms.I was never so excited. But that has ceased recently.Maybe because I am older now.
He (it) also has a sense of humour."Ok loverboy.Stud.Saint.Friend for life.Romeo.Casanova..."
Far from it! I think I am being held back.Like that old expression,"Better to restrain the noble stallion than to prod the reluctant mule."

"It is your sexual energy.."2IC

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
ive read some stuff about MIB's and the one claim that stood out the most was that they live underground. they were brought to our planet from some other galaxy.
what i dont understand though is why do they dress so nice and drive nice cars if they live underground.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

As the only one here who has encounted them

That's a lofty claim, considering you'd have to be intimately familiar with each members' experiences for it to be so...

I would be curious to hear your account though. I always keep an open mind, and am interested to hear such accounts. Doesn't mean I'll believe it, but I'll bend an ear to it....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join