It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS UFO Section is lacking progress!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I just love the use of the name Copernicus.

The man who is considered to be the first one from the semi-modern era who begun the scientific revolution. The one who used observational skills to come up with the conclusion that Earth wasn't the centre of the universe (Granted he thought the sun was - but it was a step in the right direction).

It's a complete dichotomy from the content being listed by this fellow member.

Gotz to love irony.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
It is hard to read the third paragraph of your opening post as anything other than a condemnation of skeptics.

Ah sorry, I thought you meant condemn as in "doom" basically. I looked up the word condemn (Im not a native english speaker) and yes, one of the definitions are what I did: "disapprove of strongly", in terms of the behavior. I stand corrected.

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
It seems you define progress by how many people agree with you. If you are not willing to discuss the pros or cons of any given subject, then you are not truly interested in genuine discussion. You want your beliefs echoed back to you.

Partly correct. Im not interested in a discussion about weather or not aliens exist. But I have no need to get my beliefs echoed back to me. Just like you may want to have a discussion about the solar system with someone, I prefer to talk about it as if they were real. Because in my opinion, they are.

I think all that can be said has been said in this thread now so I will leave it alone and let it die. Thanks to everybody who contributed to the discussion!

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Between my favourites and a little searching, I've got a list of threads that cover all the bases. Some of these members are friends and some aren't. Some have a #load of flags and some don't. It's worth pointing out that the posters of these threads are a mixture of skeptics and believers...

The RB-47 UFO Encounter (Internos) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Lakenheath-Bentwaters UFO Incident (JKrog08) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Gorman Dogfight (JKRog08) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Kinross Incident (Gazrock) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The 1966 Westall Incident (Chadwickus) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Betty Hill Starmap (Spooky Vince) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Astronauts on Skylab 3 photographed GIANT UFO 1973 (Easynow) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Height 611 UFO Crash (Internos) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

UFO and ETs encounter with 62 children in South Africa, 1994 (Zorgon) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Top 100 UFO Cases - Revealed! (IsaacKoi) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dogon Alien “Mystery” Demystified (IsaacKoi) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

UFOs,USOs and the Island of Puerto Rico. (Karl12) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Waving at the aliens - The Papua New Guinea UFO sightings (Ziggystar60) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Frightening, Unsolved and Disturbing Incident of Nine Dead Skiers (Ozweatherman) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The ATS UFO/Alien Chronological Thread Directory (JKrog08) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The State of Ufology (Extraeme) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

A new search for artificial objects at stable Lagrangian points (amateur SETA) (NGChunter) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Australian UFO Reports 1969 (Infaredman) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

NASA Ringmakers of Saturn UFOs 2010 *VIDEO* (Watchzeitgiest) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stargates are real (Undo) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The idea of Flying Saucers pre-1940s (Skyfloating) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Alien Cigar Shaped 'Spaceships' In The Solar System? Try Debunking This! (Mike Singh) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a long list of threads and there's gonna be threads that should be in there that aren't. I apologise if anyone feels left out, but a half hour putting the list together was getting to be too much!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for your work. I will absolutely check these out since you took the time to put it together. I appreciate that.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Please do. In between all the chitter chatter and BS in the forum are some good minds trying hard to work out what this crazy UFO phenomena could be.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Great list there.

Copernicus - Always come to ATS with a machete in hand, so that you can weed through the garbage and find whatever you're looking for. This place has a bit of everything. From the delusional lunatic to the stricly scientific. There's a lot of great stuff in between.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread has gone 7 pages and no one's mentioned the Philip J. Klass curse.

No matter how long you live, you will never know any more about UFOs than you know today. You will never know any more about what UFOs really are, or where they come from. You will never know any more about what the U.S. Government really knows about UFOs than you know today. As you lie on your own death-bed you will be as mystified about UFOs as you are today. And you will remember this curse.

My guess is that the curse is embedded into the code of the A&U forum, it fits so well at times.

[edit on 8/8/2010 by eaglewingz]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'm still awaiting Copernicus' reply to my points.

Just thought I'd bump this one up so he can reply if he wishes.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Its in the rut because people require scientific evidence and will not accept or believe what people are saying. From their perspective, everybody is lying. [...] Do you have/use intuition? Is it telling you that these people are lying?

There is, however, a difference between telling the truth and telling what you think is the truth. Someone can tell me they saw somebody pull a rabbit out of a hat where there was none before. But what they really mean is that they saw something that appeared to be someone pulling a rabbit out of a hat where they were shown that there was none before. Somebody sees a flying saucer, I have no reason to believe they're lying. But if they tell me it's "aliens" or something like that, then I have a problem unless they provide proof.

If you require scientific evidence for this, you will sit there forever not making progress. It should be obvious to all, no?

I guess we have different ideas as to what "progress" is. Mine doesn't involve just settling for whatever explanation suits my fancy.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join