It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the U.S. Gov't

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm going to be quite frank and keep my op short. For everyone knows the overwhelming evidence aginst the federal government, EPA, interior department, Halliburton, BP and other corporate mongols leads to guilty.

So my question is...

Now that the spill is capped, why hasn't the supreme court taken BP and it's goons in the governement to court and convicted them.

Them ramifications of there actions through greed has permanently stamped a horrible impact not only on the environment but the lively hoods of millions. I mean, if a lone individual did something like that they would be arrest and tried immediatley.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I would think that they have not taken BP to court as of yet because it would lead to the fact it would show just how many american companies may be inflicted in the aftermath of such proceedings.

It would also possibly show the errors in judgemant made by the congressional decisions to allow the deep well drilling in the first place.

Also it may just show how all the underhanded and backdoor deals that get made in order to get these oil platform into operation in the first place.

People can blame the goons at the top as the MEDIA so promptly depicts as the great offenders...

But a corporation is not a singularity...it is a collaboration of many individuals,companies,and lobbyist all fighting to gain the top dollar on all ventures.

but i am sure that the courts will eventually find a scapegoat to dump the whole business on to make themselves look like they have taken action to appease the gullible public.

but personally i blame the fish...

fish farts produce enough mathane to produce global warming...

just to show ridiculous it is to just go after an entity that is not responsible.

wake up...the ones to blame are our willingness as a human race to keep thinking we can control what happens when it is mother nature that rules.

go ahaead and point a finger...but if we learn nothing from this then we can only point the finger at ourselves.

disasters happen....get with it...

manmade or natural.

The human condition is to learn from our mistakes.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Take them to court? Hell BP just announced that it hasn't ruled out drilling a new well in the same oil field!!

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Our government will NEVER do the right thing. As far as they are concerned (it seems), this whole thing is over and done with.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is a serious thing. We can't just allow for this event go unanswered. If so then things like this will happen again and again. A scape goat is not
necessary there is tons of evidence that points to certain individuals that are solely responsible for this, in business and government and people on both sides ofthe fence need to be punished. We can't allow the citizens of the gulf to become the victims without a convicted offender.

And if these people go to court and it does expose te government lying in bed with big business then good. I already know that it happens and business controls our government.

If America doesn't so anything about this because of apathy then I'm going to lose all faith in this country.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0

If America doesn't so anything about this because of apathy then I'm going to lose all faith in this country.

It wont just be apathy. It will also be lack of reliable info, other problems to deal with, distractions, life, and the like.

Besides, faith in a "country" is a sure way to guarantee disappointment.

top topics

join