It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger mounts over Michelle Obama's 5-day Spanish holiday

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective1
You do know that ALL those problems where there before they came to the whitehouse?

and not a one of them got fixed before he
went on multiple vacations.

If I had that kind of progress report to
my boss, I'd be out of a job on my @$$.

I guess the "Change" promised wasn't in the
vacation dept. It doesn't look like it was in
ANY dept. thus far.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Subjective1

That depends, if the POTUS was in Detroit, sure, if he was in say Texas, HELL FREAKING NO!

See in Detroit he would have supporters, and I might not die.

In Texas, I would be shot just because I got in the damn way.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by whatukno]

I wouldný catch a bullet for him if he where in my own backyard. I have a family to think of. I probally tried to push him out of the way or warn him. But I wouldn't take one for him, hellz no!

Fudge em, that's what they would do to us.
the whole politics thing is one big lie and a game. Things will never change within the current system. If we really want change we have to change everything. leave one thing as it is and the same # will comeback to bite us in the nuttsack.

Change has to be complete, not just one or two things.
The biggest change would be the way people look at thinks, react to things and think about things.
there has to be a complete collective change of hart for any real change to occure.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Subjective1]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
this is in regards to wcitizens post of Obamas profit regarding the oil spill

This is apparently Obama's public disclosure.
Note his retirement holdings include Vanguard(x2) which is known to have sold off BP just prior to the spill.

pfds.opensecrets.org...
investors.morningstar.com...®ion=USA&culture=en-US

While I don't really know how much this is worth to the President it is safe to say he did make money form the spill, a head of time.

I'm no expert maybe someone who is could verify this.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Danbones]

Danbones, this would not surprise me. As you know, BP's Tony Hayward sold off his BP stock just before the oil spill. John Podesta is the Washington lobbyist for BP.

Podesta is also the Director of the Center for American Progress (a Soros operation) -- who was chosen to help the Obama-Biden transition into the WH, to include choosing staff & appointees.

This regime is very much in bed with BP. That Vanguard would have been tipped off to sell BP stock just before the spill would NOT surprise me at all.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yes and we KNOW the kind of change YOU would make if put in charge!

Ill take Obama's change over yours any day!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective1

Like I said, it would depend on where he was, it would depend on where Bush was too, in Bush's case, if I was in Texas, sure, I would take a bullet for him, and if I was in Detroit, HELL NO!

Everything in life is location location location.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

Thank you, knowing she paid for the trip out of her own pocket makes all the difference to me. If the American taxpayer was footing the bill then I'd take an issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

You do know that ALL those problems where there before they came to the whitehouse?

and not a one of them got fixed before he
went on multiple vacations.

If I had that kind of progress report to
my boss, I'd be out of a job on my @$$.

I guess the "Change" promised wasn't in the
vacation dept. It doesn't look like it was in
ANY dept. thus far.

Ok so you expectyed him to stop all wars, clean up the gulf and bring everlasting peace to the world and fix the economy in 2 years?
Are you really that dens or just really naïve

Things that have been raging for the better part of a decade you expect him to fixz in not even 2 years?
What the hell do you think he is, the messiah? Hell probally the messiah couldn't have done it. Well he actuallty didn't seeing as we let him be crucifide for his troubles.
That's just you being unrealistic and just wanting him to fail so you can rub it in peoples noses. You just hate him for who he is, not for what he could do or does. Why even bother, that's not helping the situation. That's just making things worse because you can make things worse.

that's just hate, plain and simple.
You hate the man and his family and don't really care why you hate him.
Tell me this, who ever got better from hating? Instead of bitching about this why not try to do something about it by talking to the people you seem to hate so much because the have different ideas about how things should work.
Maybe you and them can come to an understanding.

I know # is bad at the moment and I know that # is going to get alot worse before it gets better.

But what would be more helpful?
Bitching about it and just hating everything and everyone that doesn't see eye to eye with you and your ideas? Or actually trying to fix things together as members of a collective?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx
Thank you, knowing she paid for the trip out of her own pocket makes all the difference to me. If the American taxpayer was footing the bill then I'd take an issue.

just a note

you don't pay secret service details out of pocket.
They are US Gov. property. So US assets were used.
much less closing off a beach and a tag along of
a party of 40. u can believe this was all out of
the Obama's pocket .......... but it ain't.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

yeah after reading this I would rather be financially and socialy raped by the Obama admin then actually have to life through that.
I would be ashamed to be part of that I think.
But that's just me.

I am just a squeemish type of person I guess.
All that executing and murdering for the cause.
Not my bag...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheol
reply to post by Krzyzmo

The bulk of the trip—the hotel stay and all meals—were paid for by the Obamas and their close friends who joined them. “Any additional footprint,” says a White House aide, “including additional rooms needed for security support, falls under the same rules as have applied to any previous first-family travel: the costs are split appropriately, with private expenses paid for privately; government expenses are paid for by the government.”

src

So people cannot spend their own money on what they want too? She's paying with HER own private funds you know earned money. I don't get it what's the issue here.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Sheol]

I read the Newsweek article (btw Newsweek was just recently sold for $1, they were that far in debt). Our taxes are paying for Air Force 2, and a huge security detail (70 people in one British account).

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Laura Bush has finally opened up publicly about the mysterious car accident she had when she was 17, a crash that claimed the life of a high school friend on a dark country road in Midland, Tex.

I bet this guy's family wish he could have a vacation.

Look folks, you want to find fault because you simply don't like Obama. Meanwhile, Rudy's kids are robbing stores. Bill's kids are having 5 million dollar weddings. Most (if not all) of the elite have houses on the French Riviera.

Don't hate the player hate the game.

Secret service would get paid the same if they were in Spain or sitting in the White House watching a football game. No EXTRA money was spent by the taxpayers. Now, if they hired extra secret service then that might be a problem.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx

just a note

you don't pay secret service details out of pocket.
They are US Gov. property. So US assets were used.
much less closing off a beach and a tag along of
a party of 40. u can believe this was all out of
the Obama's pocket .......... but it ain't.

Just like the whole lesbian stripclub thing with the Republicans right?
look that the gov. is screwingg with us is no big secret. But that the people are actually debating about which side is screwing us the most is just totally insane to me.
It's like a form of Stockholm syndrom.

Republicans AND Democrates have been screwing us from day one. But still people bitch about who is worse.
it's like saying Yeah they both raped us, but one of them was pretty tender about it.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Subjective1]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Ok so you expectyed him to stop all wars, clean up the gulf and bring everlasting peace to the world and fix the economy in 2 years?

I am neither dense nor naive

I don't expect him to be God and solve
every problem we have.

But at least ONE would be nice. I mean his
term IS HALF over !!! And so far he hasn't
done Jack Squat to help Americans. Yet he's
taken multiple vacations on the taxpayer
dollar.

That is a failed progress report, sorry.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind

Originally posted by Sheol
reply to post by Krzyzmo

The bulk of the trip—the hotel stay and all meals—were paid for by the Obamas and their close friends who joined them. “Any additional footprint,” says a White House aide, “including additional rooms needed for security support, falls under the same rules as have applied to any previous first-family travel: the costs are split appropriately, with private expenses paid for privately; government expenses are paid for by the government.”

src

So people cannot spend their own money on what they want too? She's paying with HER own private funds you know earned money. I don't get it what's the issue here.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Sheol]

I read the Newsweek article (btw Newsweek was just recently sold for $1, they were that far in debt). Our taxes are paying for Air Force 2, and a huge security detail (70 people in one British account).

SeaWind

It's true your taxes are paying for air farce 2. Your taxes would be paying for air farce 2 if it was in spain or sitting on the tarmac in DC. No extra money was spent folks! Why, because they still fly it on routine flights while in CONUS. So these routine flights are not taking place right now. While in CONUS, it is used to haul around your Senators and Congressmen. Michelle is probably saving us money.

Are they not allowed to go on vacation because you can't? Blame the GOP for that. While the rich got richer you got poorer.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I am neither dense nor naive

I don't expect him to be God and solve
every problem we have.

But at least ONE would be nice. I mean his
term IS HALF over !!! And so far he hasn't
done Jack Squat to help Americans. Yet he's
taken multiple vacations on the taxpayer
dollar.

That is a failed progress report, sorry.

Hey he atleast made sure that Americans don't have to pretend they are Canadian when the go on holiday outside of the US out of fear or shame.
That is a big thing imo.

What would you have him do then to fix even one of those problems?
What would you do, that benefits everybody. Not just tyhe fdemocrates or the Republicans or the corporations.
What is you super awesome plan of peace and prosperety?
I would love to know and I bet the US gvernment would love to know.
Actually the whole world would love tyo know you plan mate. Because we are all sick of this fudging crap.
We are all sick of having to suffer for other peoples chioices and mistakes.
So please tell us your sollution...
I am all ears.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

So far Obama has kept 120 promises he made during his campaign, sorry he didn't check with you on what he should magically fix.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
actualy im not from america,im from europe,and im country is far worse then even america. but it kinda hurts me seeing how america becomes like my country.
yea bush maybe a "illumnati puppet" too,and got into the crysis,but obama was supposed to LEAD US OUT OF THE CRYSIS,and he LIEd,he lied about every promise.
he wanted peace with iran,now o lets attack them? i wanna talk about this seriously!
if i was president i would give all my monthy vacation money to if not help the economy,atleast plant some trees,fix the streets,make better living conditions,even though my money should go to fixing the economy.
if i was president i would go out and help the people my self with my bare hands!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

that goes to show just how little you
think of our US Constitution.

U would take a tyrant over a national charter document.
You are the kind of people that wanna burn the
national archives cuz it doesn't suit ur agenda.

it needs protecting, as it comes under attack daily

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
reply to post by TheBandit795

Yet members here want to take issue with first lady taking a vacation out of the U.S.. Do you own her??? They took a trip. Big deal. Other U.S. presidents have also taken vacations abroad. Here's that previously posted link again..

The Faux Scandal of Michelle Obama’s Spain Trip

So, you want us to believe this is a non-story because a left wing propaganda rag says so? You do realize this is the same magazine that trashed Bush relentlessly for 8 years? The same magazine that continues to bash Bush, Republicans and Americans who criticize this president?

Thanks, Hudson, just what I was thinking. Newsweek has NO credibility.(I'm a Bush hater, but Obama actually makes Bush look good.)

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive

if i was president i would give all my monthy vacation money to if not help the economy,atleast plant some trees,fix the streets,make better living conditions,even though my money should go to fixing the economy.
if i was president i would go out and help the people my self with my bare hands!

Is that right? Exactly why would you have to be President to actually do that? You can do your duty by going out and buying something. Or plant a tree on your own. Or donate to charity.

Why do you have to be President to do this?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join