It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger mounts over Michelle Obama's 5-day Spanish holiday

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Is the race thing really such a big issue still, or is it just that he is a "democrate"?
What is actually worse that he is a black man and president or that he is a Democrate?

I don't know because those are both such important criteria for picking a president now adays.

It's not about who is the best PERSON for the job it's about what he wears, what he looks like and how cute he looks in swimwear.
Yeah great way of desiding the fate of the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
In the mean time a Mexican dies from a trillion dollar drug war that doesn't work.

In the mean time an Iraqi dies in a war that did not work.

In the mean time an Afghan dies in in a war that did not work.

In the mean time international bankers are still ripping you off.

In the mean time a U.S. soldier dies in wars that do not work.

Yet members here want to take issue with first lady taking a vacation out of the U.S.. Do you own her??? They took a trip. Big deal. Other U.S. presidents have also taken vacations abroad. Here's that previously posted link again..

The Faux Scandal of Michelle Obama’s Spain Trip

Hilarious, you're right the Obama's are a disgrace to this nation is so many more important areas, we probably shouldnt focus our attention just on a lavish european vacation for the First Lady while our country is bankrupt.

Just for good measure, why dont we throw in a couple of "Bush did it too's" or "Bush started it's" , heck might as well just go to your fall back and claim its "Bush's fault" again.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by skull_bones
reply to post by TheBandit795

Hilarious, you're right the Obama's are a disgrace to this nation is so many more important areas, we probably shouldnt focus our attention just on a lavish european vacation for the First Lady while our country is bankrupt.

Just for good measure, why dont we throw in a couple of "Bush did it too's" or "Bush started it's" , heck might as well just go to your fall back and claim its "Bush's fault" again.

Well be honest, he did.

And because of his choices and deeds we are all in this mess today. Give credit where credit is deu man.

But it's not about who did what first, the all screw us.
It's the whole one side against the other thing that seems so insanly childish to me.
Instead of working together for a better future, people just keep bitching about eachother.
That's my problem with the whole thing.
What irritates me is dat people are bashing the Obama's for something that has been done many times before them. But some like to act like they are the only ones doing it.
That is just stupid.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by skull_bones

Originally posted by TheBandit795
In the mean time a Mexican dies from a trillion dollar drug war that doesn't work.

In the mean time an Iraqi dies in a war that did not work.

In the mean time an Afghan dies in in a war that did not work.

In the mean time international bankers are still ripping you off.

In the mean time a U.S. soldier dies in wars that do not work.

Yet members here want to take issue with first lady taking a vacation out of the U.S.. Do you own her??? They took a trip. Big deal. Other U.S. presidents have also taken vacations abroad. Here's that previously posted link again..

You do know that ALL those problems where there before they came to the whitehouse?

Blaming somebody for somebody els their mess is excactly what I mean with the hypocracy thing.

None of the mentioned problems where his till he got in to office.
But people seem to love to blame them even for those problems.
The one thing Obama deserves to be bashed for is the whole gulf of mexico thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
reply to post by ~Lucidity

She doesn't need to stay home but maybe she should have been a little more considerate of the economic condition of her own country and took a nice vacation in America somewhere. There are plenty of beautiful places in her own counrty that she could have went and contributed all this lavish spending to the local economy instead of in Europe.

It just gives the impression that she doesn't care.

Guess what, Erasurehead, Michelle Obama doesn't care.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
obama is a disgrace,and his wife is even worse!
and why dont you JUST ONCE provide a FACT/PROOF that theyr spending theyr own money,not the tax payers money? how come you just come in the thread and say "nooo,theyr spending theyr own money your all wrong" when everybody is saying that its tax payers money? are you connected to the white house?

the once powerfull dream country is now the worst place on earth, and all people are so upset,if they attack iran,the people would probably rebel on theyr own on the inside.

that will be the LAST PROMISE BROKEN. when obama was talking about peace,and then attacks iran because they have weapons of mass destruction. dont us have? dont ussr have? dont japan have? dont china have?

bush was a damn better president then this sick freak! even if bush was controlled too,he atleast didnt made the people so angry,he kept the economy stable

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

and why dont you JUST ONCE provide a FACT/PROOF that theyr spending theyr own money,not the tax payers money?

Posted SEVERAL TIMES IN THIS THREAD ALREADY!

We checked with the White House for a price breakdown of the trip, looking for a smoking gun. And honestly, there isn’t one. The bulk of the trip—the hotel stay and all meals—were paid for by the Obamas and their close friends who joined them. “Any additional footprint,” says a White House aide, “including additional rooms needed for security support, falls under the same rules as have applied to any previous first-family travel: the costs are split appropriately, with private expenses paid for privately; government expenses are paid for by the government.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

even if bush was controlled too,he atleast didnt made the people so angry

You are angry because you WANT to be angry.

I swear, you all sound like a bunch of liberal Marxists wanting a handout at the taxpayers expense. "it's not fair, I can't go on european vacations, I want to go, waah waah waah."

[edit on 8/7/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by Hefficide

That is the kind of rubbish people have been conditioned into believing, and illustrates the extent to which the 'wealthy uber-class' and the 'poor under-class' is now not only seen as normal, but necessary.

Most of the world is going through an economic crisis. The world KNOWS US is almost bankrupt. It would be refreshing to see some of the leaders actually tightening their belt as well - oh ho, that would show INTEGRITY,, heaven forbid!

But hey, Obama personally made $85 million dollars from the oil spill, so why should anyone worry or expect him to give that back to the American people he stole it from, and the families of those murdered in the Gulf.

Wcitizen, Obama made $85 million from the BP oil spill? Gee, I thought Obama was getting money in an off-shore account from the Mexican drug cartels to keep the Arizona border porous & unprotected.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
She is what we call a 'gold digger' in the common people world. Is Barry trying to keep her in tow by spending lots on her to keep her happy?

link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

had a beach closed off so they could swim??

she too good to mingle with us regular folk??

f%kin stuck up skank

link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
obama is a disgrace,and his wife is even worse!
and why dont you JUST ONCE provide a FACT/PROOF that theyr spending theyr own money,not the tax payers money? how come you just come in the thread and say "nooo,theyr spending theyr own money your all wrong" when everybody is saying that its tax payers money? are you connected to the white house?

the once powerfull dream country is now the worst place on earth, and all people are so upset,if they attack iran,the people would probably rebel on theyr own on the inside.

that will be the LAST PROMISE BROKEN. when obama was talking about peace,and then attacks iran because they have weapons of mass destruction. dont us have? dont ussr have? dont japan have? dont china have?

bush was a damn better president then this sick freak! even if bush was controlled too,he atleast didnt made the people so angry,he kept the economy stable

You do know that the economy is like this because of Bush and his friends?
The whole world is in the craphouse because of what that man and his buddies did while in office, thanks for that by the way!
The kept the economy stable long enough till their time was over, then they let it go to crap.

Are you really that blind or republican or what ever, that you would actually warp your own reality to believe what you want to believe happend? That is actually just as facinating as it is disturbing.

God help this world, that has such blind poeple in it.
Maybe a apocalypse is the only solyution left.
Just blow it al op and let some other life have a chance.
We just seem to fudge everything up for our own selfish needs.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo
reply to post by Krzyzmo

had a beach closed off so they could swim??

she too good to mingle with us regular folk??

f%kin stuck up skank

yeah becuase none of the other presidents and first ladies did things like that.
Ever heard of safety issues and protection voor the first family?
How can the bodygaurds etc keep an eye on them if they are surrounded bij dozens of "normal folk"?
It's a good thing you don't work in personal security mate, people would die on your watch.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective1

It's a good thing you don't work in personal security mate, people would die on your watch.

I think that was his intention. What, do you think this person would take a bullet for the first family? Hell no! Most of these people would want to be on firing side of the gun.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I think that was his intention. What, do you think this person would take a bullet for the first family? Hell no! Most of these people would want to be on firing side of the gun.

True, but would you take a bullet for them?
Only people I take bullets for are family and real close friends.

But you are right, most of these people just hate the fact that they have a president named Obama. That just gets under their skin so bad, it's madning.

Well atleast it is insanly intertaning to watch.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Subjective1]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
You complain about it because it is in a foreign country...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Originally posted by ElijahWan

So tell me IntelEarthling, if you were a multi0millionaire at this very moment, would you cut back on your PERSONAL SPENDING just because the country is in a recession?

Ummm.....they are public servants for crying out loud! Nobody care what the heck Gates or Buffet do with their money!!

They are only in office for 4 years at a time. Eight vacations or so now? When is the last time you took 8 vacations in 18 months?

Perhaps I should have first asked if you are even employed since more than 10% of Americans aren't and I can assure you they are not jet-setting the world over.

Ipowell0627, I think of the Obamas as people who were given the keys to the US Treasury and now they're going to grab all they can, while they can -- scr*w everyone else.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

unemployment rates have dropped worse since obama took over and did bush send us another trillion in debt? i gguess he should have made a different stimulous package but this time dont give out a tax refund

[edit on 7-8-2010 by notfallingdown]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
You complain about it because it is in a foreign country...

yeah if it was a US holiday it wouldn't be such a problem.
It still would be scandalous, because it's the Obama's. But atleast they spend their money in the US.

Sometimes it is just like watching somekind of Three Stooges, Marx Bros. Thing. This whole US republican/democrate, Obama thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

That depends, if the POTUS was in Detroit, sure, if he was in say Texas, HELL FREAKING NO!

See in Detroit he would have supporters, and I might not die.

In Texas, I would be shot just because I got in the damn way. Hell, some of those freaks probably have a "where is Oswald when we need him!" bumper stickers right next to their McCain/Palin 08 stickers.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by notfallingdown

unemployment rates have dropped worse since obama took over and did bush send us another trillion in debt? i gguess he should have made a different stimulous package but this time dont give out a tax refund

[edit on 7-8-2010 by notfallingdown]

You really don't know crap about economics do you?
The billion was passed by the republicans you twat.

The dems tried to stop it or atleast redirect it. But it got pushed throuh as is.
Got man get you facts straight.
nou the Obama admin has it's badsides and mad some big mistakes. So if you want to bash them, then bash them factually. Do0n't blame people for other peoples misdeeds and mistakes.

Life really is what you make of it and in your world Bush is Superman and Obama is the devil. Nobody and no fact will ever change that for you I know this. Seeing as you are willing to distort reality itself just to believe what you want to believe.
Says alot .

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join