It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger mounts over Michelle Obama's 5-day Spanish holiday

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
michelle deserves a vacation break from suckering the american sheeple.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

So the trip was paid for by "close friends" according to the article you linked. I will bet those close friends are lobbying for favors from the government.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What did people expect? These people were given the world basically..

Think how power goes to your head, Think or your boss at work, The slightest bit of power works wonders in this world

Now think if you was president of USA?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass
I'm no fan of Bush's foreign policy to say the least, but he didn't behave like this nor did any member of his family.

Just to be clear here...

The Same president Bush whos wife killed a man and daughters were caught comitting fraud? That family? I just want to make sure we are all talking about the same reality here.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have a hard time begruding any President or first family vacation time. Living in that fish bowl ages them in dog years. What bothers me about this vacation is that would be considered excessive even in the best of financial times. 40 friends for a week at a $2500 a night resort with 70 secret service agents burning the midnight oil providing security.

IMHO it's tone deaf. It's understandable that they want to give their daughters experiences that they otherwise might not have, but not when there are millions of American's hurting badly, many of them supported this President. The absurdity of this lavish vacation is highlighted by the White House spin on the latest revised job numbers. How stupid does it look to have a President saying that they expected the numbers to drop (that wasn't the tune they were singing when they were counting those jobs to being with but I digress) while his wife and kids are living it up like rock stars.

And posters here on ATS bitched about Bush going to Crawford?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
things such as this make me look at the president and his family as more like some sort of russian czar, or some kind of royalty living an unimaginably lavish lifestyle. not just the obamas, really, but numerous other presidents as well. i doubt the rest of the world sees america in the same way that we do as americans, i doubt it looks as free from the outside as it does from within. but i wouldn't worry about it, just keep watching tv and stuffing your fat ignorant face.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

Did you actually read what you wrote?

Remember a few weeks ago, Michelle was on the Gulf coast telling people to come down and "spend some money!" A good thought.

This trip in Spain is costing a lot of money.

Why didn't she take it at the Gulf coast instead?

**Facepalm**

Ok, let's put this in perspective, she was down on the gulf coast, and you want her to go down to the gulf coast.

Well, let's chalk that up to her being proactive, she went to the gulf coast just like you wanted her to.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
It probably costs taxpayers that much a day no matter where she is.

Biggest non-issue of the week to get angry about.

You know...i have noticed that you tend to defend those tha are left-wing. your posts reek of left-wing....is that a coincidence?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ok, let's put this in perspective, she was down on the gulf coast, and you want her to go down to the gulf coast.

Well, let's chalk that up to her being proactive, she went to the gulf coast just like you wanted her to.

She may have went down there, but the planes engines hadn't even cooled off before she got back on the plane. They went on "vacation" last week and shut down half of a resort town. Spain this week, wonder what the schedule looks like next week.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Your statement is so not based on any facts or logic...of course it has cost the tax payers more for her to go on yet ANOTHER vacation! This is very much an important issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SCRUFF

Still, she is not the POTUS, did you see Laura Bush go down to NOLA for Katrina? Hell, did you see Laura Bush do much of ANYTHING? Being the First Lady is a unpaid job. You only get that job because you happen to be married to the guy that has the ACTUAL JOB.

These people weren't poor when they went into this job. So if she wants to take her daughters to Spain it's her prerogative.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You know you folk in the US have the same problem we have here in Australia. Politicians ie: public servants are voted in by the people to be servants of the public and represent the public who voted them in. The problem is they are all so out of touch with the real world. Politicians become so self consumed in the light of the position and forget what they get paid to do. We are actually the servants / slaves for them...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Good for Michelle....

She deserves a little break.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It's not like she ran a person over and killed them unlike some other first ladies.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Shes NOT AN ELECTED OFFICIAL! She is someone's wife who happens to be the POTUS.

Do you guys whine and bitch and moan every time a senators wife goes and takes a vacation, what about a congressman's wife?

No you don't.

This is a huge political troll thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nofoolishness

Think whatever it is that makes you feel better about yourself.

Don't worry about me. I'll be just fine.

reply to post by Rockstrongo37

We're waaaaaaaaaay past that.

But I'm sure you've caught up on the situation by now?

[edit on 8/7/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The Obamas can't even relax without getting crapped on? Are you haters really lacking material to come up with?

Sheesh.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You have a good sense of humor and reality "Lucidity", every wife needs a vacation from the Husband, especially her. lets give her a break and focus on the more important things. PEACE

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Goes to show how bad and what governemnt AND obama really think of us* whats wrong with looking cheap? i mean ost people are full of crap anyways, and what differnee is it what anyone else thinks of you? most americans are cheaping out, since the recession. If michelle had cheaped out too, would have looked ALOT better in the media and public eye..yeah the media coulda smeared her but the public would have thought differnet*
they are living acting and waisting money like royalists do* makes one wonder if obama and msot of government are part of the royal family* if they had careed about us at all, they would have cheaped out, n npt spent os much of our money like the greedy pigs they are turning into oink oink oink
lol but its the truth*

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join