It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger mounts over Michelle Obama's 5-day Spanish holiday

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
It is a non-story and a non-issue. Not because anybody SAYS so, Hudson. Because we THINK so. The majority of us don't take our marching orders from anyone. When are you going to GET that?

Why was it a story when Bush was president? This seems like another case of the rules changing to suit Democrats.

How is spending that kind of tax payer money in this horrible economy not a story? You're telling me the media wouldn't be having a fit right now if W or Laura were taking a vacation like that when so many Americans are in real economic trouble?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
reply to post by TheBandit795

So, you want us to believe this is a non-story because a left wing propaganda rag says so?

Nope, it's a non-issue because they took a vacation. Can they or can they not? Are they not allowed to travel to Timbuktu if they want to? On their own costs? Especially if it's school vacation?

You do realize this is the same magazine that trashed Bush relentlessly for 8 years? The same magazine that continues to bash Bush, Republicans and Americans who criticize this president?

I couldn't care less for the source. I don't care if the source if left-wing or right-wing Both wings are destroying your country, and ignoring the true issues as we speak!

And I couldn't care less for Bush as for Obama. Both are puppets controlled by the same people. Both get their instructions from the Council On Foreign Relations, both have Henry Kissinger and Zbigniew Brzezinski behind them, as did Bill Clinto, Bush Sr, Ronald Reagan etc.... They are the same group split in two, causing this illusionary divide that keep you from discussing the REAL ISSUES. The Federal Reserve ripping you off for example..

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

How is spending that kind of tax payer money in this horrible economy not a story? You're telling me the media wouldn't be having a fit right now if W or Laura were taking a vacation like that when so many Americans are in real economic trouble?

Bush took multiple vacations during the 2008 crises. There was outrage about it, but you wouldn't hear it if you listened, watched, or read mostly conservative media.

The most well known vacation was in December 2008 when Americans were losing their jobs and homes and Israel was bombing the crap out of men, women and children.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

reply to post by TheBandit795

So, you want us to believe this is a non-story because a left wing propaganda rag says so?

Nope, it's a non-issue because they took a vacation. Can they or can they not? Are they not allowed to travel to Timbuktu if they want to? On their own costs? Especially if it's school vacation?

You do realize this is the same magazine that trashed Bush relentlessly for 8 years? The same magazine that continues to bash Bush, Republicans and Americans who criticize this president?

I couldn't care less for the source. I don't care if the source if left-wing or right-wing Both wings are destroying your country, and ignoring the true issues as we speak!

And I couldn't care less for Bush as for Obama. Both are puppets controlled by the same people. Both get their instructions from the Council On Foreign Relations, both have Henry Kissinger and Zbigniew Brzezinski behind them, as did Bill Clinto, Bush Sr, Ronald Reagan etc.... They are the same group split in two, causing this illusionary divide that keep you from discussing the REAL ISSUES. The Federal Reserve ripping you off for example..

im trying to keep an open mind and understand what your saying.

i have heard this quite a bit on here

be dismissive of left-right sources and to be so accepting from what source or multiple sources that the small few control a multitrillion dollar economy and over 300 million people and more..

i just dont see it if for no other reason for the past 35 years no matter whose been in that office ive lived my life pretty much however ive wanted to and of course within the letter of the law....

i'd love to see the sources on those i really would maybe it would change my mind.

hell might even free it.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
be dismissive of left-right sources and to be so accepting from what source or multiple sources that the small few control a multitrillion dollar economy and over 300 million people and more..

i just dont see it if for no other reason for the past 35 years no matter whose been in that office ive lived my life pretty much however ive wanted to and of course within the letter of the law....

i'd love to see the sources on those i really would maybe it would change my mind.

hell might even free it.

Hillary Clinton: 'CFR Tells Government What It Should Be Doing'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

TRAGEDY AND HOPE

by: Carroll Quigley (Bill Clinton's mentor)

www.sweetliberty.org...

www.amazon.com...

The 3 videos in my post in this thread:

WALL STREET AND THE BOLSHEVIK REVOLUTION

By
Antony C. Sutton
www.reformed-theology.org...

www.amazon.com...

WALL STREET AND THE RISE OF HITLER
By
Antony C. Sutton

www.amazon.com...

Read those and you'll routinely see the names Rockefeller and Rothschild. They are the issue.. What Michelle Obama does for her vacation is not.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
It is a non-story and a non-issue. Not because anybody SAYS so, Hudson. Because we THINK so. The majority of us don't take our marching orders from anyone. When are you going to GET that?

Why was it a story when Bush was president? This seems like another case of the rules changing to suit Democrats.

It wasn't...not with the vast majority of people. The people you get their heads immersed in the party chatter on either side tend to be the ones making all the noise...marching forth like good little enraged puppets lol

The vast majority of us just don't care. It's brought to the attention and it's done. We don't need to
and rant about it for days.

YOU are the one who keeps pushing this. Sheesh.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Bush took multiple vacations during the 2008 crises. There was outrage about it, but you wouldn't hear it if you listened, watched, or read mostly conservative media.

The most well known vacation was in December 2008 when Americans were losing their jobs and homes and Israel was bombing the crap out of men, women and children.

And just where did President Bush take his vacation? Hmmm, Texas wasn't it? Far cry from going to spain an ordering a beach closed so her an her party can go swimming.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Chance321]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Wasn't it Bush who never even left the country before he became president? Just saying. Some people are just more homebodies. That's like another non-issue.

You partisans on either side need to realize just how funny and sick this all looks from the perspective of people who don't play this game. And speaking of perspective, you should see some of the funny things we observe.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by neo96

hell might even free it.

Hillary Clinton: 'CFR Tells Government What It Should Be Doing'

TRAGEDY AND HOPE

by: Carroll Quigley (Bill Clinton's mentor)

www.sweetliberty.org...

www.amazon.com...

The 3 videos in my post in this thread:

WALL STREET AND THE BOLSHEVIK REVOLUTION

By
Antony C. Sutton

www.amazon.com...

WALL STREET AND THE RISE OF HITLER
By
Antony C. Sutton

www.amazon.com...

Read those and you'll routinely see the names Rockefeller and Rothschild. They are the issue.. What Michelle Obama does for her vacation is not.

thanks for getting back to me on that and those postings

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by ElijahWan
reply to post by lpowell0627

Did you ever consider that we were losing A LOT more jobs when Obama took office than we are now?

Is that even true? Source please.

And even if true, could the reason for that statistic possibly be not because obama has done anything to help, instead that so many people have already lost their jobs that there's not that many left - we're getting down to the bare minimums needed to keep things running. You pretty much can't lose your job twice.

The statistics can also be skewed by people giving up and dropping out of the work force entirely.

PLEASE STOP THE HYPOCRISY!

You first ...

Do some research like I have, listen to the Economists....We were losing roughly 700,000 jobs per month when Obama took office...Were at roughly 150,000 jobs lost per month NOW....

So yes... He's been working his *** off and is entitled to a vacation when he chooses....ESPECIALLY....when he pays for it out of his pocket...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

How is spending that kind of tax payer money in this horrible economy not a story?

When it's not tax payer money but her private money that is being spent.

Sure there is security that has to go with her. But that's unavoidable, if she goes down the street there is a security detail that has to follow her.

Otherwise, her little sojourn to Spain paid for by herself isn't anyone's business but her.

Should we complain if you spend your money on something you want?

[edit on 8/6/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The problem is all of them; The politicians. Everywhere they go, the bands play, the red carpet comes out, and the politicdians are treated to the best of the best. period. They are no better than any of us, after a short time in office, that is all forgotten. It does not matter what party, what country, and what persson, it is a worldwide disease

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Some of us still have nice beaches on the gulf. and thankfully she went somewhere instead of here. We don't need the hassles from all of her entourage, nor will it help do anything but bring undesireables to our little island hoping to get a glimpse. I agree, she should be more considerate during these economic times, and of course I don't think that term is in her vocabulary.....however, she can take her worthless butt anywhere but here.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You know how you can just "look" at people and sometimes read what they're like?

the first time I saw this female (I refuse to call her a "lady") I knew right off the bat she was a B-atch.

Its all in the smile, the eye's, and teeth. You cant cover up that kind of arrogance with a fake smile.

Hillary on the other hand is just a "broad shouldered bitch"! I dont like her politics but the lady has more guts than a lot of men.

MO is evil vindictive. She is a "agripina".

HC is power hungry and calculating. She is more "lady macbeth" without the need of a man.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Proper authorities - I don't think we have any of those

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Thought of that after it posted. But in a way that's yet another reason not to make yourself sick over it, eh? Won't change a thing.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I'm wondering if this trip was designed to appeal to Obama's base of black voters. After all, some of them want to see a black family "moving on up to that deluxe apartment in the sky" above all the white people.

He hasn't given them much increase in affirmative action, so this may be a fillip for them. Otherwise it's so damn obvious and low-class, why would they do something like this?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Indeed Bush had his vacations in Texas, at his own ranch that he had bought with his own money, and he probably had some permanent security set up so it was easy to do the security thing when he visited. Had an office there and worked there too.

I'm no fan of Bush's foreign policy to say the least, but he didn't behave like this nor did any member of his family.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Remember a few weeks ago, Michelle was on the Gulf coast telling people to come down and "spend some money!" A good thought.

This trip in Spain is costing a lot of money.

Why didn't she take it at the Gulf coast instead?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Why wouldn't she go on vacation. The prez is either playing golf or just relaxing somewhere every weekend, but news doesn't report it anymore.

All the national news made a big deal about the BP CEO going sailing on his yacht, but hardly anyone mentioned Obama got in 18 holes and watched the world cup the same day.

We have our own French royalty giving us taxpayer cake.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join