It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger mounts over Michelle Obama's 5-day Spanish holiday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by neo96
"So what? He earned the money and he can spend it as he likes."

there are some of us who think he isnt earning his paycheck.

well there were 8 million more people that voted for him, and he should be able to take off as much time as reagan and bush when they were president.

yup and was 40 million who didnt vote for him

and in the past few years of lord obama the discontent has grown for him.

if we are to believe the polls i dont know if anyone will

but if we look at the past few elections where democrats have lost

one could surmise that democratic support has waned....

feel free to disagree

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It probably costs taxpayers that much a day no matter where she is.

Biggest non-issue of the week to get angry about.

What???!!! Can you be any more of an apologetic suckup?

She can just keep her 2 axe-handle-wide butt in the White House, as far as I am concerned. She doesn't need to gorge herself so much at the public trough. She runs around telling people to sacrifice while she helps her husband to empty our national cash register.

How many unemployed could be fed with that money? And how many damn "vacations" does that dysfunctional family need, anyway?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krzyzmo

This is how Washington relaxes, and pays for it with our tax money. When we go on vacation, the money for the trip comes out of our own pockets. Pelosi flies her family and friends around the world on Air Force jets all the time, with no expense to her personally. What Obama is showing with this vacation is Washington has no thought or conscious for the people it represents, and the struggles we are going through. This trip shows the arrogance of Obama, again

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

you're lying..it's really that simple...please grow up before you speak on a subject you know nothing about

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

She can just keep her 2 axe-handle-wide butt in the White House, as far as I am concerned. She doesn't need to gorge herself so much at the public trough. She runs around telling people to sacrifice while she helps her husband to empty our national cash register.

Yessa massa, yessa massa!

What?

Who are you to say what she can and cannot do with her own money?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
As I fondly read this thread and chuckle, I so look forward to the day where the extreme left and right wingnuts, or maybe just their leaders, do each other in, so that the other 90% of us can live in peace, free of this endless partisan squabbling about idiocy.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

It probably costs taxpayers that much a day no matter where she is.

Biggest non-issue of the week to get angry about.

What???!!! Can you be any more of an apologetic suckup?

How many unemployed could be fed with that money? And how many damn "vacations" does that dysfunctional family need, anyway?

...i hope she takes as many vacations as laura bush and nancy reagan
took.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
hey...guess what??? michelle actually uses taxpayer money TO FEED HER FAMILY IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!......and they have WHITE COOKS AND WHITE WAITERS!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wow I missed that.

I got called an apologetic suckup because this non-issue about the first lady's vacation doesn't make me

Wow.
way to assume all sorts of crap. You think I care if she's a democrat, a satanist, or a unicorn? Nope. Not one bit.

But you go ahead and be a good little Rush automaton and don't think for yourself froth at the mouth upon command. It's amusing.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Thanks...scrolling through, now that is the third time I've seen the same link to the story titled "Faux outrage" --- for that is what it is, pure and simple...and just more of the same types of dirty tricks from the right wing noise machine. THEY are despicable, and have no morals when they think they can garner ANY sort of "political edge".

They count on the knee-jerking support of the noise-makers (we all know who they are...)

Back to that link...just in case no one else has actually gone over to read it, I did, and picked this bit out for everyone lambasting the Obamas to read!!:

We checked with the White House for a price breakdown of the trip, looking for a smoking gun. And honestly, there isn’t one. The bulk of the trip—the hotel stay and all meals—were paid for by the Obamas and their close friends who joined them. “Any additional footprint,” says a White House aide, “including additional rooms needed for security support, falls under the same rules as have applied to any previous first-family travel: the costs are split appropriately, with private expenses paid for privately; government expenses are paid for by the government.”

Guess it's time to trot this out, again....it has a short shelf life of topicality, now that the World Cup is over, but still.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d8195c70474.jpg[/atsimg]

~~~~~

Originallyposted by TheBandit795
Two years ago, the left wing noise machine where just as loud.

Hmmmm.....[stroking chin].....I seem to remember there were always attempts to point out the hyprocrisies and such, but they didn't MAKE STUFF UP! Not, at least, to the same level as seen when the Right is "out of power"....

It is the stridentness and just plain lying that the Right is so noted for....

[edit on 6 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Except that we are discussing the current administration, not Woodrow Wilson's or any other presidency.

This administration and these hard times for many Americans, and how going on at least 8 extravagant vacations is perhaps not the message to you'd want to send to the people that put you in office.

Granted, the obama's are free to go where they want and spend what they want - no question about it.

The question - once again - is the message it sends.

Then vote them out and vote in a libertarian or someone from an independent party next time. Stop voting for the same two groups of bribed politicians who work for their lobbyists instead of for the U.S. citizens...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

This is not the first time the "Obama's" have done something like this. You are all aware of the G-20 summit and how many people and supplies Obama brought up to Canada? They seem to feel the need to do everything on a grand scale, all the while telling American's we need to tighten our belts.

It's the ghetto culture that they came from. Shiny cars, fat wads of cash, and sunglasses at night. All meant to impress. All unearned.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Thanks...scrolling through, now that is the third time I've seen the same link to the story titled "Faux outrage" --- for that is what it is, pure and simple...and jsut mORE of the same types of dirty tricks from the right wing noise machine. THEY are despicable, and have no morals when they think they can garner ANY sort of "political edge".

Two years ago, the left wing noise machine where just as loud. Vote independent next time if you want this game to stop.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Erm excuse me...I also picked up on it and posted it. Sheesh.

But I love your picture!

If you're independent you just have to suffer through ALL of it...from both wingnut alleys.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Yah...I didn't see every post, so I added that comment...it bore repeating, and emphasis.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yes it did bear repeating. And loudly. You're picture helped too...lol. When the frenzy starts though it's really hard to control or get anyone to see logic. I think they should all get in an octagon and fight it out that way on pay per view.

Wonder what next week's anger pellet will be....

[edit on 8/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Yet members here want to take issue with first lady taking a vacation out of the U.S.. Do you own her??? They took a trip. Big deal. Other U.S. presidents have also taken vacations abroad. Here's that previously posted link again..

The Faux Scandal of Michelle Obama’s Spain Trip

So, you want us to believe this is a non-story because a left wing propaganda rag says so? You do realize this is the same magazine that trashed Bush relentlessly for 8 years? The same magazine that continues to bash Bush, Republicans and Americans who criticize this president?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It is a non-story and a non-issue. Not because anybody SAYS so, Hudson. Because we THINK so. The majority of us don't take our marching orders from anyone. When are you going to GET that?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Wow, what a complete joke.

I've lost some respect for Michelle Obama now.

I know she's the President's wife, but I never imagined she would do something like this.

Just shows what I know!

They got a beach closed off just for her?

Well, can't have her going on the beach with dirty commoners now can we?

she's the first lady, you idiot...you know...of the United states...every first lady has a whole s--tload of protection around her when she goes anywhere...but since she's black and a democrat..no problem, right pal???
what's wrong with you people????

I wish people would stop using the president’s skin color in their defense of him. It seems every negative post about him is replied with bringing up the fact that he is black and that the negative posts are because the poster is a racist or some other related labeling.

Why can't it be that he just happens to be a Democrat and 50% of the country happens to be republican, and so 50% of America just do not like the man and his policies very much? Can't it be just that simple without feeling the need to proclaim that the man is black…geez… I think everyone knows that by now, hehe.

IMHO Obama has gotten a much easier ride than any other president from the media and people in general because of the uniqueness of being our first black president.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
i simply want no part of the man or his polcies for the simple fact hes is a democrat.. i dont care about his race..

democrats are not innocent on the race issue here either. everywhere you turn

if you oppose the guy your a racist........

[edit on 6-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
It is a non-story and a non-issue. Not because anybody SAYS so, Hudson. Because we THINK so. The majority of us don't take our marching orders from anyone. When are you going to GET that?

Why was it a story when Bush was president? This seems like another case of the rules changing to suit Democrats.

How is spending that kind of tax payer money in this horrible economy not a story? You're telling me the media wouldn't be having a fit right now if W or Laura were taking a vacation like that when so many Americans are in real economic trouble?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join