It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger mounts over Michelle Obama's 5-day Spanish holiday

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
lulz latest estimate is 375,000 greenbacks for this bishes vacation! Man, if that doesnt get u mad, i dunno what will. You pacifists!

"But...but, other presidents wifes have gone on expensive trips via the taxpayer" I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS! ITS WRONG PERIOD YOU FRIGGIN MORONS! We dont put you in office so you can piss our money away by going on luxurious trips to exotic places. You are supposed to govern our nation! Not spend us into oblivion!

The sooner this rat bastard and his family are out of the white house, the better! (no racist)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

That post almost made me fall out of my chair laughing!

I think that is the point of the outrage. Not the fact they can afford to spend the money, but the fact they are telling Americans to cut back and then turn around and spend money on such a lavish trip. From the beginning the press have tried to paint the couple as a common family. All the attention the press gave to Michelle wearing J. Crew, comes to mind.

As for the 40 plus friends, are they paying their own way for this trip?
If not then it does not matter how wealthy one is, just become chummy with someone of wealth and you to can travel the globe like royalty!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

That post almost made me fall out of my chair laughing!

I think that is the point of the outrage. Not the fact they can afford to spend the money, but the fact they are telling Americans to cut back and then turn around and spend money on such a lavish trip. From the beginning the press have tried to paint the couple as a common family. All the attention the press gave to Michelle wearing J. Crew, comes to mind.

As for the 40 plus friends, are they paying their own way for this trip?
If not then it does not matter how wealthy one is, just become chummy with someone of wealth and you to can travel the globe like royalty!

And his has cost the US taxpayers quite a bit. $375,000 that US taxpayers are on the hook for? Are you kidding me? Where the hell do these ppl think this # is coming from? The US taxpayer is not their whore that they can pimp whenever they want!

What they should have done,, was spend a vacation in the US somewhere, spending and helping out the local economies here. Instead, they go on some lavish trip to a foreign nation, hook the US taxpayer for paying for their trip, etc. I don't care if they're spending their own money on #! It still does not cover the cost of the trip, which more then likely far outstrips what they've spent thus far. The US taxpayer should be reimbursed for this expensive excursion!

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Yagerbombs]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Yagerbombs

Yagerbombs

I agree, Leadership is all about ''Leading'' from the front. You have to LEAD by example, NOT by mobile phone from the back whilst lying on a sun lounger, sipping cocktails.......

Trouble is who would replace and what makes you think any other Dem / Rep President would DO any better ??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

when you graduate from Princeton University and Harvard Law, and work as a lawyer and a director for the Chicago Hospital system, then you cry babies can take a trip to Spain too.

Guess what, you get decent education, you get a good job, you get to take a trip.

Can I get the government to pay for that Ivy League education, too, because I'm 'special'? And can I even admit that if I have to take any of those pesky standardized tests, that I will surely fail?

Don't worry - I won't embarass you. Me ( and hubby ) will promise to hide our school records from public eyes so nobody can see how bad we did in school...

Just be sure to get me that job at that prestigious law firm even though I failed the bar exam.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by mishigas]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
It probably costs taxpayers that much a day no matter where she is.

Biggest non-issue of the week to get angry about.

Not if she stays in the White House as an example during these tough economic times.

Uh, the point is that she is rubbing our noses in it to the point that one reporter actually called her the "new Marie Antoinette" for preaching (with BHO) economic restraint to the rest of us, while moving on up herself.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by centurion1211]

"moving on up"???

Really Cent?? Oh, I get it. The Jefferson's were black and so are the Obamas.

This is where you claim it is common speak and not a reference to the TV show.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Yagerbombs
I agree, Leadership is all about ''Leading'' from the front. You have to LEAD by example, NOT by mobile phone from the back whilst lying on a sun lounger, sipping cocktails.......
Trouble is who would replace and what makes you think any other Dem / Rep President would DO any better ??
Regards
PurpleDOG UK

Our presidents (especially this admin) lives as though they are royalty, and we the american people, are all but peasants. We've become their whore who they pimp out for cash whenever they want. Nancy Pelosi is just as bad. In fact, she might very well be worse. She is known for taking full advantage of the fact that she is "3rd in line to the presidency."

She is known for taking friends and family on expensive trips all over the world via state of the art aircraft (Gulfstreams 5) bought via the taxpayer, operated at the taxpayers expense, and US taxpayer funded private security forces, so that no one hurts or harms her. (which is a bummer, this bish could die and I would dance on her grave)

The powers that be do not operate as if they work for us. It is as though we work for them, so they can take lavish trips all over the world and do what they whilst at the expense of the American taxpayer.

Lavish trips like this are not what our taxes are for. We are taxed to fund government. Taxes are the bill we foot to make government operate for "We the People of the US". Government is supposed to work for us. How the hell is this bish vacationing in Spain helping the US taxpayer?

# like this should be strictly taboo! You wanna go out of state and to another nation to vacation? Fine, but do it at your own expense, and on your own time. They should be forced to pay for 100% of their trip, so long as it is out of the US. In states are a bit different, but even then, it should never be abused like it has been.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Yagerbombs]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
It probably costs taxpayers that much a day no matter where she is.

Biggest non-issue of the week to get angry about.

Not if she stays in the White House as an example during these tough economic times.

Uh, the point is that she is rubbing our noses in it to the point that one reporter actually called her the "new Marie Antoinette" for preaching (with BHO) economic restraint to the rest of us, while moving on up herself.

"moving on up"???

Really Cent?? Oh, I get it. The Jefferson's were black and so are the Obamas.

This is where you claim it is common speak and not a reference to the TV show.

Sorry, but it is "common speak". And sort of funny that YOU draw the parallel.

However, while obama's arrogance does sort of mirror that of the George Jefferson character in the TV sitcom, unfortunately Michelle is NOT like the Louise character in that she is not forever trying to bring "George" back to reality. She likes it up there with him. So, that's where YOUR comparison doesn't work.

You gave it a good try, though, so I'm nominating you for this week's David9176 award (for seeing racism where there is none). Good luck!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

And I couldn't care less for Bush as for Obama. Both are puppets controlled by the same people. Both get their instructions from the Council On Foreign Relations, both have Henry Kissinger and Zbigniew Brzezinski behind them, as did Bill Clinto, Bush Sr, Ronald Reagan etc.... They are the same group split in two, causing this illusionary divide that keep you from discussing the REAL ISSUES. The Federal Reserve ripping you off for example..

There we go.. finally someone speaks truth. Both parties are ripping us off.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
What a non issue to worry about.

when you graduate from Princeton University and Harvard Law, and work as a lawyer and a director for the Chicago Hospital system, then you cry babies can take a trip to Spain too.

Are you really sure you want to take this discussion to also discussing MO's education and the thesis on racism that she wrote?

thesis

Excerpt from her introduction:

"My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before," the future Mrs. Obama wrote in her thesis introduction. "I have found that at Princeton, no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my white professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. Regardless of the circumstances underwhich I interact with whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be black first and a student second."

Now there is someone with a racial chip on her shoulder if there ever was one. So, have her attitudes changed since she assumed a leadership role for ALL the American people, or not? Or is she just grabbing it all while while she can since it is "owed" to her.

Also notice her reference to the "liberal and open-minded white professors and classmates", and how they fall all over themselves trying show how "non-racist" they are. Sort of like many of the liberals here on ATS ...

[edit on 8/10/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Are you really sure you want to take this discussion to also discussing MO's education and the thesis on racism that she wrote?

Maybe read Nixie's post again...then yours.

Two posts in one page where you interject racism into the discussion.

Your tactics are not mysterious by any measure.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Maybe read Nixie's post again...then yours.

Two posts in one page where you interject racism into the discussion.

Your tactics are not mysterious by any measure.

You take the hypocritical cake every time.

You bring up racism and then try and run from it before it singes you. Take a look in the mirror. It is you, nixie and others like you that Michelle Obama was talking about in her thesis ...

Time for the old adage again:

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

From this thread alone…

My favorite part of this controversy was that the U.S. State Department had to issue a directive that Spain was no longer considered racist - just before MO's plane landed there.

thesis

Excerpt from her introduction:

"My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before," the future Mrs. Obama wrote in her thesis introduction. "I have found that at Princeton, no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my white professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. Regardless of the circumstances underwhich I interact with whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be black first and a student second."

Now there is someone with a racial chip on her shoulder if there ever was one. So, have her attitudes changed since she assumed a leadership role for ALL the American people, or not? Or is she just grabbing it all while while she can since it is "owed" to her.

Also notice her reference to the "liberal and open-minded white professors and classmates", and how they fall all over themselves trying show how "non-racist" they are. Sort of like many of the liberals here on ATS ...

[edit on 8/10/2010 by centurion1211]

This last post of yours is the classic tactic employed by Fox all the time…

Blacks are racist: Another Fox strategy is to cherry-pick stories to methodically create a narrative that black people are racist. This was recently used in the Shirley Sherrod story. This further fuels the “they are coming to get you” narrative, but it also provides cover for white racism. It’s like don’t feel bad if you don’t like black people because they don’t like you either. And in the end, it is going to come down to you or them.

blogs.alternet.org...

Like I said…there is nothing mysterious about the Glen Beck wannabe race-baiting you continually employ.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

That's a rumor I hadn't heard. Did Barack and/or Michelle fail the bar exam?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

Here's a couple of places to look:

www.halfsigma.com...

www.vdare.com...

[edit on 10-8-2010 by mishigas]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
And EXACTLY how is that you think the economy gets better? By holding onto every penny you have? NO, it ONLY gets better when we spend our discretionary money.
It isn't anyone's business where the first lady goes on vacation or how much money she spends up to her expense account limit. All first ladys get an expense account to do with what they wish. And how do you know she isn't spending her own money?
In the 60's Mrs. Kennedy redecorated the white house at a cost of millions of dollars to the tax payers and no one heard a peep because JFK was a popular man.

I submit that if this were a white president and first lady we would not be having this conversation. - Can you say RACISIM - I'm sure you can...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CT_Flyboy
And EXACTLY how is that you think the economy gets better? By holding onto every penny you have? NO, it ONLY gets better when we spend our discretionary money.
It isn't anyone's business where the first lady goes on vacation or how much money she spends up to her expense account limit. All first ladys get an expense account to do with what they wish. And how do you know she isn't spending her own money?
In the 60's Mrs. Kennedy redecorated the white house at a cost of millions of dollars to the tax payers and no one heard a peep because JFK was a popular man.

I submit that if this were a white president and first lady we would not be having this conversation. - Can you say RACISIM - I'm sure you can...

So in other words you have no savings because you spend your discretionary money?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
axaxaxaxa if it was white president blablabla,listen man its 2010,NO ONE IS RACIST ANYMORE.
i dont care if barack is white or black,he does a horrible job and is a shame to black people everywhere okay? HES NOT EVEN BLACK,hes half black!
and everytime i bash him my best friend who happens to be black will defend him blindly because im "racist",no i am not racist,the man stole the federal reserve,make the entire senate wall street members and his wife is spending money like a gold digger,put him down like that old dog in the movie

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The only thing I have to say that sums up MO attitude is a picture of her getting out of a pool and her swimsuit said, all over it,
"It'S AllAbout Me !"

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CT_Flyboy

Your own quote says it all! She doesn't get it and you don't get it either. How is spending all that money in SPAIN helping the American economy??
Explain that one to me please...

She should have gone on vacation in her own country not Europe. The kind of money she spent could have really made some resort towns year and helped the local economy. It really shows a lack of caring and a disconnect with the American people.

She is free to do what ever she wants but she is not a private citizen she is a very high profile public figure. Like it or not that's what being married to the President brings.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join