It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Man charged after referring to Conn. rampage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Cops: Man charged after referring to Conn. rampage

rawstory.com

Police: Man arrested at Conn. company for saying he understood mindset of shooter who killed 9

Connecticut police say they arrested a man at a management company after he mentioned the shooting rampage across the state that killed nine people and said he understood the killer's mindset.

Fifty-eight-year-old Francis Laskowski of Derby was charged with breach of peace Wednesday after making the comments while working at Fusco Management Co. in New Haven.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is a little absurd. Freedom? Liberty? Not in Connecticut, although that was already known before this incident even occured. According to Francis himself, he didn't even say it in a threatening manner. This is a classic example of how people allow their emotions to dictate their actions, even if the price is freedom and/or liberty.

Even if the charges are dropped, this man will still suffer from embarrassment and legal bills and trauma of being arrested and spun through the "system".

What a joke!

--airspoon

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Breach of the peace ?

He only voiced his opinion, seems way out of order to me, but as usual tax payers money is there to be wasted on trivial things

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

These days you have to watch what you say! At my job we get a lot of disgruntled callers, and if they utter a specific threat, we have to get the police on the way to their house! Even if they just say something like maybe they should just kill themselves. Policy says take every threat seriously and react accordingly.

I have personal experience where I ignored a threat, ended call on good terms, and then had the misfortune of getting a call from the police about a week later when the person followed through on their threat and said he had warned us!! You can't believe people just because they calm down later. You can't presume to know what anybody is thinking, or what their real intentions are.

In these days of overly prescribed brain-altering chemicals. You just never know how somebody will act. They, themselves, do not even know. Anti-depressants can make things seem surreal or unimportant, and killing yourself or another may not hit home in your consciousness until after the deed is done. Mix elicit drugs and/or alcohol with anti-depressants and high-stress and it is a wonder these things don't happen hourly!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If the guy said, "Those people deserved it! That man was justified in what he did and I support him," then I would understand maybe considering the guy a possible threat. Even then he couldn't be arrested for his opinion, only interviewed to evaluate what the man meant.

But the guy only said he understands the "mind-set" of the guy who did it. That could mean ANYTHING. It could mean he understands that the guy was frigging crazy.

And they ARRESTED him for saying that?

Chris Rock had a joke in his stand-up routine about OJ Simpson. Chris Rock said he didn't approve of what OJ did, but he "understands" why OJ did it. Chris Rock gets paid to say things like that, and this Conn. man gets arrested for it?

ACLU will jump all over this case to defend him, I'm sure.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Thought crime!!! What a criminal element! We're so lucky to have the police to watch over us.

Of course, if we were allowed to carry guns to protect ourselves, we wouldn't really need to rely on the police to arrest people for thought crimes. (*Insert jealousy of the US' 2nd Amendment here*).

Hopefully, he sues the asses off those cops.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ok, the story is pretty weak so far. The police didn't just miraculously know about this "understanding mindset." The things he said made somebody nervous enough to alert the police, and the responding police were concerned enough to make the arrest, so there is surely more to the story.

It says that "he mentioned the shooting and understands the mindset."

If he made that statement during a disciplinary action, or while railing on about coworkers or management, or if he repeatedly made it all day begging for someone to listen and give him attention, or if he made it while shopping for assault rifles, or if he has a history of violence and was about to be fired, then the arrest is perfectly justified.

I am all for freedom of speech, and I almost got myself arrested in the Miami airport for getting frustrated and saying, "This is why people blow these places up!" I said it in anger, and it got me a lot of attention! I don't blame anybody for taking it seriously, if I were about to get on a plane with me at that moment, I would have made it a big deal too.

I think we need Paul Harvey on this one, and "The Rest of the Story!"

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sounds to me like some of the people on his job site might be a little nervous.

Maybe they were bullies too, and messing with the guy who said he understands the mindset of the killer, and got a little skurred that he was going to go ballistic on their butts.

Because just saying you 'understand his mindset" doesnt sound threatening at all..........................unless you are bullying someone and the someone you are picking on says it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
you could say "i think Hitler was a good man and what he did to those Jews was spot on" that doesn't mean you should be arrested for it. it's called an opinion and were all entitled to one or at least we were!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I believe it's a well thought out trend: the courts will seize any opportunity to establish a precedent, such that the destruction of the Constitution will seem quite natural. This is among the courts more useful purposes, as concerns government or tptb. They start out looking for cases to be made example of with the east and west coasts in mind, since the inhabitants there, surrounded by such diverse natural wonder, have had decades to develop feelings of low self-esteem, which manifests in curtailment of self-governance. If there is a marketing plan of 'anything', it generally hits the coasts first, and this includes an atheist viewpoint or even culture. Just look at europe. I mean to say that the coasts are ripe for the picking as concerns the nwo; it's a pincer maneuver. Low self-esteem, atheism, the belief they are more advanced, evolved, in our puny worm slitherings toward progress. Eventually we dopes in the heartland will get the fashion news. By then, of course, too late. This is not an isolated story. Judges are sniffing around for just such situations by which to proliferate their cause. Everyone should have a read of 'The Trial', by Kafka. His glimpse into the courts is hard to forget, impossible to deny.

Imagine how this thing went down. A few cellular calls were made, some texts sent, perhaps only in a 'gee whiz' sense. Chances are that the company that routes the calls in israel picked off the content, possibly even through the artificial intelligence filters in place, and calls were placed to judges in the area. Is this arrest viable? Can we use it?

To me, this is only common sense. It's what they do. They got good, at being evil.

Hey-I understand the mindset of the nwo. I really do. I swear to God I do. What does that make me? Able to resist it. Able to consciously nit pick at everything I perceive as being toward their end, and pre-announce it. That the guy could empathize means he could have built a better place to work. I don't think what he said is even worth mentioning.

Let me give a little example of something that happened around here years ago.

I was living out of my car. One day a fast food place had all it's workers killed. I lived in the area, about 15-20 miles away, but I also lived in my car. Sometimes I would drive to another state and sleep at an oasis. Usually I only turned on the engine for warmth.

One day on the way to a job site, maybe a year, or two, or three, after the murders I mentioned, I saw that my boss was all paranoid because a 'cop was following him'. I sat in between the boss and his Irish co-worker in the front of the pickup. My boss had no license to drive, and I was a little concerned that he was so uptight about such a thing simply because a cop was behind him. I said something to the effect of: no DL? Yeah, but did you ever shoot seven people in the head execution style? The cops are really looking for stuff like that, while thinking of the Palatine murder that was unsolved after years had gone by. No clues, just some chicken with dna in the trash. Snow had melted, no tracks etc. Well let me tell you, things got strange really quick. I'm not sure if they'd spoken another word to me until the next day.

The very next day my boss (I'd call him friend except that friendship eroded quickly after this) brought some rifles in for me to look at. People started coming over in to my area saying the darndest things. Things like 'Dum de DUM dum. There's a cop over on our side....what are you gonna do?' Do you know that this case went unsolved for YEARS and years, until a girlfriend of one of the shooters came forward.

I should perhaps compose this more thoughtfully, because it's an important example of just what this thread is about. I have an early thread describing a spinning vision I saw one morning, waiting to get into the workplace, for warmth, and work, while awakening in my car. Same job, same boss, right near the time of my last days there. I believe this 'vision' was a tech device. It may have been something to follow up on the possibility that I could be charged with 7 murders; something to prime my wiring for 'cohesion'. The thought came to me that I could be charged, and convincingly, based on the statement I'd made to my ex-friend in the car that morning while trying to shrink his concern about a cop being behind him. A clean legal truck with no expired tags etc.... I had no idea where I was on any night, some street along Evanston's lake, usually. There was absolutely no leads in this case and as years went by I learned to not even breathe a word of my thoughts to anyone. Not even those closest. Why would anyone want to do that to you? Who are YOU?

Here's my bottom line on this: It would be better to lock up an 'anti-semite' who lives in a car and rants at times, than to charge the actual murderers with the crime. My life was worth less than 2 slimeballs who shot their ex-co workers for a hundred bucks, and to do something 'big'. I believe they knew who the murderers were for a good deal longer than the police, and media announced. Even still, I stayed quiet because it looked like these guys would walk. There were near mistrials, delays, should these guys even be held etc.... To allow 2 slimeballs to go free, in an unsolved crime (blow the case through a mistrial) was better than removing all doubt that 'Archie' didn't in fact kill 7 persons in cold blood. The case could go unsolved, and there'd be this rumor that I did it. Understand? I learned who my friends were, as did Archie when everyone thought he was the mad joker at Riverdale High. When I quit the job, my boss explained to everyone that I was fired, though he had begged me to stay, in whispered tones, in a secure place in his office. It sounded like he was pleading with me, which was much more than I expected since I was not accustomed to that much attention. I assumed that I was in fact being investigated, and that the tipsters, my 2 friends, were naturally instrumental in the investigation. The rifles, the attempted gun talk. The 'cop' remarks by persons in the next room I'd nearly never talked to.

I was being looked at long and hard, for to be an example of what happens to 'anti-semites' (clearly I am at this point, by twisted definition, an anti-semite), for a period of years, as this murder case, and what I'd said at work, went on and on, if only in my mind. I know what I saw with the guns being brought in, the cop remarks, etc, and no I am not crazy. I simply saw in to the machinations of the jew court system; the 3 wise men. I knew what they were considering as though I were God hisself, maker of mind and matter. BUT YOU COULD NOT WHISPER A WORD of it. Since then, oh, just a bunch of mind control and mind alteration phenomena, which I try very hard to transcend, preferring to find something a little more permanent.

On the day the girlfriend of the killer confessed her knowledge, I thanked God. I knew I couldn't say anything until there were convictions, but I thanked God just for that girl coming forward. It is possible that without her, I'd be a madman behind bars awaiting execution. Or someone with a murder spectre hanging over my head, forever. I'd stake everything but my soul that the authorities knew about degorski and luna well before the girlfriend came forward.

There have been other, more complicated stings, since this one, closer to home. That I even said what I'd said causes me to wonder if I'm not somehow influenced to self-sabotage. I am not at liberty to discuss situations similar to the Brown's Chicken case which emerged, while I was in my car, and which happened quite nearby where I slept at night. I don't believe these ones have been solved. Were these intentionally carried out???

As a child there was nothing worse than being grounded. Today, I would be in horror if I were forced to go out and exist away from a close, safe zone.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by davidmann]

[edit on 6-8-2010 by davidm

[edit on 6-8-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I understand the guy's mindset too.

Actually this is the first I've heard of him -- but I enjoy exercising my rights.

The one mindset I can't understand is that of an oppressive leader or corrupt pig copper.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I completely agree with you. It's all part of the indoctrination of the American people to slowly accept an authoritarian rule. It's quite disgusting too.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thought Crime.
So now in CT a citizen has no freedom of speech.

Could not agree with you take on this more, That even if he his acquitted, the legal bills will bankrupt him.

This is what they really are after, to scare others from speaking their mind for fear of the Government.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

where were the authoritys when all this was going down in real time...put a watch on the guy. we all know the authoritys know how to tap a phone. but can they read minds?? how do you spell military state??

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

In my right to exercise free speech, and after a decade of studying psychology, philosophy, religion, and the mechanics of the ego, I too understand the mindset of the killer.

Unspiritual people who are so attached to this world and its ways, when they have a job and set their lifestyle to revolve around their check, and end up living check to check ..........at many of these jobs you are just a faceless number.

So an ego who only cares about himself, will have the mindset to just lash out against the establishment that let him go. This is the mechanics of the mindset of a disgruntled killer and this is how I understand that mind set ...in the eyes of the knowledge of spirituality, psychology, and personality mechanics.

Is someone gonna lock me up now too?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

over here thats legal well maby if this article is any sign of thigns to come but in germany if you were to say something like that you could get arrested but thats germany for you we realy live in the time of though police

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I just can't for the life of me, understand how anyone would get to the point of shooting or harming unarmed people. Sure, I have gotten angry with people but if a large group of people makes you angry, it is probably you and not them. If life was so rough for this guy, then he should be happy to move on. It's not like the position of employment was one that he invested heavily in. This leads me to believe that the guy may have been a sociopath.

With that being said, I obviously don't agree with arresting or even faulting anyone in that same mindset or anyone who speaks of such a mindset.

--airspoon

top topics

join