It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel Castro : A Challenge To The US President.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have just read this very long very interesting letter that was apparently written by Fidel Castro on 3rd August and is directed at President Obama.

Please take the time to read the letter as it is far too long to quote in its entirety for this thread.

Letter

It mentions everything from the Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico to Osama Bin Laden working with US intelligence services to the coming war with Iran and more.

I found it to be a very well thought out, thought provoking letter. I would urge every American to take a little time to read it regardless of your own political views or feelings for Fidel Castro.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Castro is much like many ATSers now. After his last two "Reflections" made some very bold predictions, and they failed to materialize, he has lost a lot of his credibility.

First he lost his health, then control of his country, and then he lost his celebrity status. He has recently been writing these thought-provoking articles and making public appearances to resurrect his importance, but world politics has moved on without him, and they are not cooperating with making his predictions come true. Now he is just an old man desperately seeking stardom and wanting for his old status back.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I wish castro would just die already and stop trying to stir up the hornets nest.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
thanks for posting. Castro speaks allot of sence in this letter it should be printed in every news paper around the world if you ask me. VIVA FIDEL!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

it's one thing to not like the dude but wishing him death is a bit far dont you think?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420

it's one thing to not like the dude but wishing him death is a bit far dont you think?

Ok, you are right, but I think they were getting at the point that this guy has been practically dead several times over the past few years. His own brother and country practically announced his death just a year or two ago and somehow he battled back. He survived the Bay of Pigs, and other assassination attempts. He survived handing off power to Raul when most thought he would have a tragic accident shortly after ceding power.

I don't think the poster was wishing for his death, just wishing he would get it over with. He is beyond his 9 lives at this point!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
I wish castro would just die already and stop trying to stir up the hornets nest.

I think the only thing Castro is guilty of, is simply stating everything available to the normal American, just isolated in one article for your needs. This is to facilitate an understanding of the word 'hypocrisy'.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Good site Tuatha, didnt know there was an Irish version. Cant find a Scottish one though, boo.

And the content is pretty shocking, especially about the methane bubble, I knew it weas there and dangerous but can they really cause winds twice the speed of sound? Is that even possible?

A good question it points out that Ive been asking myself (and wondered at the absence of everyone else asking) is: what happens if the relief wells at GOM dont work? Not even heard theories which is weird an that makes me think that no-ones asking cause no-one knows? Just have to wait n see i spose.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks. His last one about a month ago on the situations in Iran caused quite a stir here and in the world and even resulted in his first televised appearance in forever. He has some good insights on geopolitics.

In addition, Cuba, along with Iran and many other nations who view themselves as being in the crosshairs of U.S. foreign "policy" and hegemony is very active in the Non-Aligned Movement. Link

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Castro is much like many ATSers now. After his last two "Reflections" made some very bold predictions, and they failed to materialize, he has lost a lot of his credibility.

First he lost his health, then control of his country, and then he lost his celebrity status. He has recently been writing these thought-provoking articles and making public appearances to resurrect his importance, but world politics has moved on without him, and they are not cooperating with making his predictions come true. Now he is just an old man desperately seeking stardom and wanting for his old status back.

Yes I agree that he may be vying for some attention. Nonetheless the many diferent issues he brings up have substance behind them and I believe should be discussed more at length by the American people. Everyone should look more deeply into their governments actions and reasons behind why they make the decisions that they do. Not just Americans.

edit for typo.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Lady_Tuatha]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The last time someone mentioned Castro made predictions that hadn't come true I went back and read his letters...

"I am neither a prophet nor a fortune teller."
-Reflections by comrade Fidel KNOWING THE TRUTH TIMELY.

I guess he was too direct.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
The last time someone mentioned Castro made predictions that hadn't come true I went back and read his letters...

"I am neither a prophet nor a fortune teller."
-Reflections by comrade Fidel KNOWING THE TRUTH TIMELY.

I guess he was too direct.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Danbones]

LOL! Good point.

However, even though he said he was neither a prophet nor a fortune teller, he did a pretty thorough job of prophesizing and fortune telling, and he was pretty wrong in his assumptions. He also got a little rambly, sentimental, and nostalgic. He is/was a very articulate man, but he seems out of touch to me.

The link from this OP was very well sourced and communicated as well. I guess my issue with it was that none of the news was new news. It was just all the stuff ATS has been posting for months. It was just a good collaboration of all the concerns out there facing the world from the Oil Spill to the Middle East. Castro's stuff is packaged as some insightful look from a world leader, but in reality it is a short recap of the major headlines interspersed with some ramblings of an old man.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by danielhanson420

Ok, you are right, but I think they were getting at the point that this guy has been practically dead several times over the past few years. His own brother and country practically announced his death just a year or two ago and somehow he battled back. He survived the Bay of Pigs, and other assassination attempts. He survived handing off power to Raul when most thought he would have a tragic accident shortly after ceding power.

I don't think the poster was wishing for his death, just wishing he would get it over with. He is beyond his 9 lives at this point!

That's exactly what I meant. When i said die, I meant ,retire, give up.... disappear.... He's an old man he has no say anymore and now he is just crying wolf. It's time for castro to shut it and let the world turn.

new topics

top topics

join