It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US job losses are double expected figure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Actually it is because Americans live off debt and are rabid consumers. At the end of the day if the banks were not refinanced the global economy would have collapsed - period.

The current situation is that the banks should pay back the sovereign debt - not the public. That is the real issue here.

Outside of that Americans need to take a life style cut - and learn to live within their means - AND - create a more equitable distribution of wealth.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon

I just DONT understand it? Can anyone clarify this?

I can, because the Republican party is the party of "faith." Not that I favor the Democrats, I dont. They are both screwing us. But the Republican voters do not care one iota about logic, argument, or thinking. Why do that when you can just have faith that the next time the Republicans control the house, senate and Presidency they will not run the economy further into the ground, run up the debt, increase the size of government, and undermine the Constitution?

And yes, yes, I know, the Democrats do the same crap. But the Democrats tend to want more government spending and more government, etc. The "faith" party just ignores the fact that their team does the exact same thing the Dems do, and them foams at the mouth about how it was all the other teams fault the whole thing happened.

Anyone who votes for either party needs their heads examined. Its a total scam.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

The whole thing should have collapsed. If it is a crappy unsustainable system, it should have been allowed to crash. The little people are going to suffer either way. If it had crashed, the people who makes the rules would have suffered too, and maybe we would have stood a chance of rebuilding something realistic on the ruins. As it stands, many of them got richer off the whole mess while the poor got poorer.

We should have let the system fall. That would have been the free market approach.

<< 1   >>

join