It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists should thank Christians for the freedom to NOT believe, wonder if they do?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Are u kidding me?

Sorry...

hey NOT...

how are you?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

...I HAVE PRESENTED contrary to the one sentence you so dearly cling to.

Yes you have presented alot...

I'm trying to find out why the clinging?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Are u kidding me? Where is this "mass contradictory evidence" you speak of? You've presented one sentence from a treaty we made with a Muslim nation. The only "mass contradictory evidence" that's been presented between the two of us is the hundreds of speeches, quotes, and Constitutions of the States that I HAVE PRESENTED contrary to the one sentence you so dearly cling to.

No, I'm not kidding. The Treaty Of Tripoli makes it crystal clear. The Constitution backs this point up quite clearly. That's quite a mass of evidence.

I've already explained quite clearly that the religiosity of the fathers has nothing to do with the documents the form the USA. State constitutions are arbitrary and much of your documentation was pre-revolution.

For the sixth time or so: read the Constitution and report back on the christianity you find there that you claim the nation was founded upon. Can you do that are will you perpetually avoid it?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

...I HAVE PRESENTED contrary to the one sentence you so dearly cling to.

Yes you have presented alot...

I'm trying to find out why the clinging?

I'm not clinging to it. In fact I have pointed this poster to other sources which back my position. This poster keeps avoiding it (quite intentionally)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Are u kidding me?

Sorry...

hey NOT...

how are you?

Doing great dear brother, just returned from a service our church was having at the State Fair. Souls will be saved tonight to the glory of God, and I'm thankful that we were allowed to have church there.

How are things with you?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Our nation was founded upon the Declaration of Independence Sir. The US Constitution came TWELVE years later. It merely spells out our rights, it doesn't even deal with where the men who formed the Constitution got the idea for these rights from, just merely spells them out.

"Founded" could also be stated as "birthed". And the document that birthed this nation from England was the Declaration of Independence, not the US Constitution, it came 12 years later.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

DUDE!!!!!!!!

I'm great...

Hey, OT's got a good one coming in about 15 minutes, spread the 'word'...not spiritual pun intended...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

A good thread? I'll be looking for it, I can assure you that.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I hope so...it may be 20 minutes....

TD, glad you are still hanging out bro

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I hope so...it may be 20 minutes....

TD, glad you are still hanging out bro

I'll be back in a little while, gonna play a little XBOX 360. I'll be sure to read your thread a bit later before bed. God Bless brother. Keep putting Romans 1:16 into practice man.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Our nation was founded upon the Declaration of Independence Sir. The US Constitution came TWELVE years later. It merely spells out our rights, it doesn't even deal with where the men who formed the Constitution got the idea for these rights from, just merely spells them out.

"Founded" could also be stated as "birthed". And the document that birthed this nation from England was the Declaration of Independence, not the US Constitution, it came 12 years later.

Our independence was established by the DOI. The Constitution establishes the systems of our nation, hence, it's foundation. *Sir*.

But it's okay, I won't ask a seventh time. You cower from the challenge since you already know the result. So far, you've reference "creator" in the DOI, though this is not an inherently christian concept by any means and its context more accurately indicates deism (not christianity). And you have not provided any christianity present in either the DOI or the Constitution.

You can try to overcome that challenge or just keep clinging to your quotes wherein people talk about how awesome they think their religion is. I'll rely on the numerous documents which make it explicitly clear that the USA was not founded upon the christian religion.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think its quite significant that the term "Creator" was used and not god.

Also - no reference to either was in the original draft.

Its something that was added as an after thought.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

You clearly didn't read this source I included. Your statements are refuted in it.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You clearly didn't read this source I included. Your statements are refuted in it.

That web page refutes nothing.

Clearly you did not read the DOI or the Constitution as I have insistently requested.

Because it dismantles your argument entirely.

QED

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Sorry OT, there comes a time when one has to decide..

"I'm no longer going to cast my pearls before swine."

I cannot figure out why people hate God so much.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I cannot figure out why people hate God so much.

What god is this that you claim people hate?

Anyway, thanks for demonstrating my point. Repeatedly.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
A few things...

One- Already said but the christians usually start these threads. Not a bad thing btw...

Two- Since you are christian that means you personally take credit for what individuals did in the, what is it called exactly? how about the 'christian rights for non christians movement'? You must be so proud of yourself!

Suppose we should tell the muslims how lucky they are we dont just nuke them for being different. How nice we just slaughter almost everyone. And your mother should thank you personally for being given the permission to vote 40 years before she was even born. All of which are apart of the christians getting less violent over the years movement. Oh and Hitler was catholic too, guess you get his credit too.

Three- who is the militant group exactly? I dont mind arguing my point or people refuting me, because its all a good process for my brian... But, who are the ones coming to my door in the morning, afternoon, and dinnertime? Sure isnt the athiests in the neighborhood. You as a group are so into pushing your beliefs you walk around door to door all over the world. You even show up to random villages where people are dying from malaria and only give them help after they convert... Give me a break Hitler, Why do christians think they are better than everyone?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join