It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiroshima/Nagasaki Wasted to Further Postwar Agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The anniversary of this "war crime"/mass murder/American Hollocost,(pick one ) has come around on the media callender and we are starting to see lead in stories etc.
This means well have a wave of painful stories and memories stirred up expertly by the media to make max emotional hay out of what we should befar too deeply ashamed of to ever discuss out loud.

The link will take you to a stark reality where hundreds of thousands of souls can be annihalated in an instant to punctuate a political statement, and set in motion a political agenda, for world domination.

What you are about to have detailed for you is disgusting in the extreme, and emphasises how important all people are to the rulers of this world.

www.globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by stirling]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The OP is either a sad example of so-called revisionist history, or an even sadder example of pure historical ignorance.

Or you could educate yourself ...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Did you even bother to read the source material, or are you just so wrapped up in the warm, fuzzy, propaganda sculpted image of American history, that you refuse to even look at it?

If you haven't already, read it, and tell us what you find lacking in the research department, as a vague 3 line post hinting at "revisionism" isn't terribly compelling.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by talonreaping
Did you even bother to read the source material, or are you just so wrapped up in the warm, fuzzy, propaganda sculpted image of American history, that you refuse to even look at it?

If you haven't already, read it, and tell us what you find lacking in the research department, as a vague 3 line post hinting at "revisionism" isn't terribly compelling.

The agenda of the OP and the website and article quoted in the OP are quite clear - U.S. bashing.

The premise stated ignores the fact that millions of Americans AND Japanese would not be alive today if an invasion of Japan had taken place instead of using 2 atomic bombs.

Granted, the loss of life in Hiroshima and Nagasaki was horrific. But those numbers pale when compared to how many would have died in an American invasion since the Japanese military and civilians had been convinced by their leaders to either fight to the death or commit suicide.

That's why I used the revisionist label.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

So what do you think America should have done?

Invade the Japanese mainland as Centurion mentioned, killing millions more?

Invade China and take on the entire Japanese army, killing (probably) tens of millions more?

Continue the firebombing of Japan's largest cities?

Wait for Stalin to keep his promise and invade China, possibly igniting a war between the US and USSR, assuming he actually kept his word?

Or, use the bomb(s) and end the war immediately?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
im sitting here wondering what a us marine who fought in guadacanal,iwo jima, tawara and the thousands who fought in the island hopping campaigns of world war 2 would say to this guy.....

pretty sure what they say pretty sure its the same thing im thinking

i cant say it tho.....

im agreeing with the previous posters have said they have hit the nail on the head in every respect.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
While on one side, the setting off of Fat Man and Little Boy was a terrible loss of life, and shows exactly the horrors nukes do cause.

On the other, the above posters are right, without it, the war would have gone on so much longer. Which would have caused a larger loss of life and been much more horrible.

The Japanese would have never surrendered if we had not done that. But, to be honest, I think that companies like Sony, Nintendo, and the creators of horrible terrible awful Japanese anime can safely say they got revenge.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
blame the KKK member Harry Truman for this violent crime against humanity. He is probably roasting in hell anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Actually the Japanese were ready to surrender on the first bomb. The problem was that they wasn't too sure what conditional surrender meant. It wasn't even in their dictionary at the time. They thought it would of meant to lose their country and culture all together. I should know I spoke with a atomic bomb survivor. She lived a few 1000 miles from Nagasaki. They still say Nagasaki wasn't supposed to be the target. It was supposed to be Fukuoka which had the weapons factory. But it was a cloudy day and they just dropped the bomb which also had christians living in that town.

Glad they missed their target though. I would never have got to listen to a singer named YUI. She is hawt as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The use of these two atomic weapons was overkill.
The Japanese had neither the food, the resources, or the men to keep fighting.
Thery could have been blockaded and bombed into submission without resorting to the bombs.
The sought after result from unleashing the atom bomb was world intimidation plain and simple.
I have the utmost respect for those vets who served in that war.Its not the little men who commit the big crimes against humanity.
I think you guys arguing for the bomb are just heavily programmed by the US BS that gets fed to americans craddle to grave.
The facts belie the saving a million mens lives story.That was just to make the incineration more palatable to the american people.I doubt youll find anyone out in the world who believes that fable.

new topics

top topics

join