It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian wildfires and another Chernobyl event

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
www.fire.uni-freiburg.de/iffn/country/rus/rus_7.htm

I think I'll just leave this here for a nice piece of info detailing previous fires around the area and the effect of said events.

Info title....

Forest Fires on the Areas Contaminated by Radionuclides
from the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant Accident

(IFFN No. 7 - August 1992, p. 4-6)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ctankep

do you know where the map is of Russia and the fire locations?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bean89

If you still need it

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread600677/pg1

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thnk you I did. I couldnt find it and I wanted to send it to my mom lol

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Chernobyl engulfed in flames and razed to the ground would actually be a good thing. Nobody is willing to demolish it but nature will do it for free so... why not? Dirty air? Wear a mask.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by xLogic]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

On the 2nd point, you are wrong. No nuclear explosion ever took place at Chernobyl PERIOD. A steam explosion (over heated steam/water) blew the 2000 ton lid off of the reactor right through the roof. Yes this was a powerful explosion enough to blow 2000 tons apart. But it was not nuclear.

you just are playing with words: nuclear bomb & nuclear plant use common thing(nuclear reaction) but nuclear explosion is uncontrolled nuclear reaction

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I wonder if the term "Explosion" carries a mis-leading undertone, how about a Steam Eruption or Steam Blowout

1:23:44 am Disaster Point- The reactor reached 120 times its full power. All the radioactive fuel disintegrated, and pressure from all of the excess steam which was supposed to go to the turbines broke every one of the pressure tubes and blew off the entire top shield of the reactor.

Source of quote
library.thinkquest.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
the nasa satellite aqua has detected carbon-mono-oxid (co) and other particles from the russian fires in denmark where i live. i sure hope the fires don't start spreading radiation!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join