It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters Harrass Black Conservatives at Tea Party Press Conference

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

First of all the ONLY video that I am talking about here is this one.

You have managed to make a complete mockery of this entire situation. The only thing that this video and the others that you posted have in common is that their all "ENTERTAINERS".

I do not and will not explain to someone that obviously has no clue of what's going on, the actual mockery that has been portrayed here. I do not have to place you on ignore, because I have been ignoring you far more than you think.

You have managed to take the concept of an possible staged event and turn it into the BET Awards by putting people that have a skill and have managed to earn some money, and believe me if I was talking about everyone, I could have been as clever as you and posted videos of other black people who have money... but I didn't... because I'm not racist.

You know how to post videos of black people singing and dancing, does that mean now you got it?

BTW by throwing in that your white, and saying WHAT? I DON'T LIKE YOU EITHER. Well I don't, and its not because your WHITE, its because you are claiming to know about something that you could never understand, and instead of asking well: 'as a black man yourself, why do you see this video this way, and try to find out what others of the race in question thought and why.' You decide to bombard me with racist undertones, misconstruing what I've said, and allowed yourself to become the one who seems to not know what is going on.

So thank you. Thank you for showing that you have many skills, not listening, trying to speak for others, and being able to work Youtube. BTW meeting a black guy at work or at Walmart doesn't give you authority on minority issues.

And if this whole debate has come down to MC Hammer videos (which show's how much you're in touch with the black community)Then we should just end this debate here.

Further, I'm not concerned about my other post. If anyone really has a question about what I said they can just hit the back button.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illumin Not I

rich people are rich people. you claim to have a problem with rich black people. and claimed the reason you were sure black people, including yourself would be mad at the video is because the people in the video are rich black people and therefore don't represent reality of the black situation. was that their claim in the first place? all they did is say, we are in the tea party, so don't say there are no black people in the tea party. but instead you heard, i guess in your mind, that they were claiming to represent all black people everywhere. and then reached some kind of conclusion that clearly they weren't REAL black people because REAL black people don't have money. so the tea party blacks should not try to represent black people. you sure you want to maintain that position?

your position is transparent. if a rich man is black and supports your position on politics, they are a REAL black person and have a right to be proud of it. if the rich man is black and doesn 't necessarily support ALL your positions on politics, he's not a REAL black man. i'm sorry but you are a racist.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i was born in detroit. later, i was raised in an area that was considered recreational. the area was the headquarters for the kkk in the region. i was called "motown" as an insult because i came from detroit, liked "black" music (the jackson 5, diana ross and supremes, smokey robinson and the miracles, the temptations, etc) as well as "white" music.

yes, your own race can be racist against you.
and illum is racist against his own race.

black people are black people.
white people are white people.
there's no: you can't be a real white person because you like the motown sound. there's no: you can't be a real black person because you don't agree with me on all my political stances. if you insist otherwise, you are a racist in the purest sense of the word.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

If you will only open your eyes, the impact of the Tea Parties is evident.

Oh believe me I know it is. Your post only confirms what I originally said. I have been told in this thread and others I was wrong but you confirmed I was right, thank you. The impact they are making is quite evident by the plethora of "R"s in your response. So, back to where we started. The Tea Party is not really just all kinds of Americans from all over, it is a Republican PR machine. I wish all of you that are arguing with me about this would get on the same page because it is getting confusing going back and forth like this.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Smaller government, lower taxes, and the criminals sitting in office out. That's what most seem to agree on. You're making this more difficult than it is.

No, I am introducing reality and it seems to be completely throwing you off. Why do you refuse to answer my question about how the Tea Party would solve issues if this were 2008? How would they vote and how would it make a difference? You have to understand there is a certain reality about when people vote. If you think that the Tea Party is just going to vote out incumbents then I am running. Why not, the more the merrier. That way we can either get someone worse just because they are different or we can get the same guy because so many votes were divided amongst "anyone but him." Do you seriously not see what I am getting at? Does it hurt to think this all the way through? You do not have to be psychic to follow a thought through to its many possible conclusions. There is not an infinite number of ways to go here. The elections will come. You insist the Tea Party is a movement of ALL KINDS OF AMERICANS and yet you cannot understand how that makes the Tea Party not a movement at all. If all you want to do is spin double talk and walk in circles, try your buddy that just proved the Tea Party is only looking for REPUBLICAN change. You two go around a few times.

It is really simple. Either the Tea Party has a political affiliation or singular ideology, or it is pointless. So far you failed to show anything contrary in your many many attempts to dance with me about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

I guess I'm really not speaking english..

You've asked me to predict the future and now you ask me to predict what would have happened two years ago if the tea parties had been going on then. It's a different question, I'll give you that much. But you're still asking me to play psychic. The problem we're having here is you've already decided what the correct answer is and will accept nothing else. Hate to break it to you, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know the future or know what would've happened in the past if things were different. Sorry. I've already played that game with several people over the years here and I already know that regardless of my answer you'll accuse me of avoiding the question unless i give the exact answer you want even though I've answered your question already. Perhaps you can get someone else to play your "what if" and "read the future"games. I'm done.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

No, I simply asked you to explain to me how the Tea Party is a legitimate movement made up of every kind of American. You have had a really hard time with that and I am guessing it is because it is just not the case. I am asking you how it can logically be both and you have danced and danced and danced around the issue as much as you can by repeating the same non-answers over and over again and then trying to blame me for not paying attention.

Another poster who took your side was nice enough to point out what I am trying to get across to you. If the Tea Party is really so diverse, then they are just people that are going to vote how people vote. You know that is not the case. It is a right wing propaganda machine. It's only purpose is to elect Republicans. It has nothing to do with just wanting smaller government because you cannot even begin to explain how that works out.

I am not asking you to "predict" what would have happened two years ago. I am asking you to apply the logic you are trying to toss at me to a past election. Since you cannot even pretend to imagine a future election, I offered up a past one. One where we know who the candidates were.

You say that the Tea Party is everybody and they want the incumbents out. You have failed to explain how that works if the only other person running is even worse for the supposed principles they claim to be for. I brought up the presidential election because I presume you think the Tea Party is going to be effective during the next one. What are they going to do? Vote against Obama? For whom then? What if the only person running against Obama is McCain all over again. What is the Tea Party ideal? What would that movement say to do? How would they vote their principals?

Stop playing dumb. You know damn well what I am asking. Just explain to me how the Tea Party can be so diverse as you claim and still be a movement. Stop repeating empty rhetoric and actually think about the next set of elections and play it out in your head. Imagine all these different people, democrats and republicans that you claim are all in the Tea Party together. Imagine them at the polls. If it is legitimately diverse, many of them have to vote their party anyway so how is that a movement? If they are so diverse, many of them will not agree on whether it is the republican or democrat nominee policies that will achieve the goals that they still do not agree on to solve the problems on which they do agree. So, unless the Tea Party is really just right wing propaganda, please actually put some thought into this and see if you can even pretend to explain how it is a legitimate movement of any kind.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

it's possible that the "movement" aspect of it is that it is sweeping up into its fold, the people who rarely if ever vote because they've been disillusioned by politics for a long time. can't guarantee that, but it's a possibility. a silent majority of non-voters, suddenly deciding to pay attention, that would be a movement.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It is possible that a magic fairy that vomits gold dust is going to stop by to give me a foot rub. Gosh, I cannot really prove that with say...anything at all but it sounds nice so I will just say it. See, we can all just say stuff that makes us feel better. I was unaware that is how we dealt with reality on ATS. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

yeah i'm guessing, and since people who don't always vote, are known to vote if inspired, i don't think the fairy analogy is accurate enough for the example. since we don't have an example of fairies for comparison but we do have examples of people who haven't voted for years, suddenly being inspired to vote. that may or may not tip the scales in a particular direction. if there was a moderate democrat candidate for example, democrats in the tea party, that haven't voted in a long time, might choose to vote if the moderate was on the same wavelength as them.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by undo]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

yeah i'm guessing, and since people who don't always vote, are known to vote if inspired, i don't think the fairy analogy is accurate enough for the example.

Only because it is not Republican pretending to be everyman like your fantasy Tea Party. Other than that it is totally apt. One fantasy is no more valid than another.

since we don't have an example of fairies for comparison but we do have examples of people who haven't voted for years, suddenly being inspired to vote.

Oh, I see. Ok then it is entirely possible that a Rich man will stop at my door and shower me with gold flakes. We have examples of rich people and gold. Better?

that may or may not tip the scales in a particular direction.

I think we all know what direction that would be if tipped though don't we?

if there was a moderate democrat candidate for example, democrats in the tea party, that haven't voted in a long time, might choose to vote if the moderate was on the same wavelength as them.

Right, Look at all the Democrats they are helping to elect, showing support for.
I think someone listed them just a few pages back. The number was pretty darn close to 0.

I get it. You want to think the Tea Party is a legitimate movement of typical Americans who are fed up and want a change in government. I want to think Santa is real. We all want to think things. I think it is kind of sweet you hold on like this. Unfortunately, if the best you have to offer is "maybe someday something great will happen, you never know, it could, it really really could!" then please stop.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

so you believe there are no moderate democrats? or any democrats in the tea party? i can see why you believe it is republican entity, because, in lieu of voting extreme left (far left democrat) the tea partiers appear to want to vote middle or right of the middle. i'm thinking a moderate democrat would be just as likely to capture democrat tea party votes as a moderate republican, provided the platforms of the said moderates match or meet the expectations of the voters.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
Oh believe me I know it is. Your post only confirms what I originally said. I have been told in this thread and others I was wrong but you confirmed I was right, thank you.

My post only confirms the electorate is tired of the status quo. There has been a reversal of party control, in those races I presented as evidence. I can guarantee you, the will be some past Republican strongholds, suddenly be reversed, as well.

If I had my preference, all incumbents would be replaced by candidates with an (I) following their names, rather than (R) or (D). That's how I will be voting.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

so you believe there are no moderate democrats? or any democrats in the tea party? i can see why you believe it is republican entity, because, in lieu of voting extreme left (far left democrat) the tea partiers appear to want to vote middle or right of the middle.

So which moderate Democrat candidates are they supporting?
Who is the Tea Party showing support for on the left that balances out the support they show for Palin and Bachman? They are hardly moderate right.

i'm thinking a moderate democrat would be just as likely to capture democrat tea party votes as a moderate republican, provided the platforms of the said moderates match or meet the expectations of the voters.

I'm thinking if kisses were wishes I'd be a much happier person.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join