It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters Harrass Black Conservatives at Tea Party Press Conference

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo
No where in my post did I come close to using the word angry. I believe I said:

Blah blah blah. I did not say you said angry, did I? I was summarizing.

To answer your question. Yes.

I believe the average American realizes the economic disaster which lies ahead from Congress' out of control spending, can actually see through our "transparent" POTUS, and knows who is really using the race card in this country. I believe most incumbents are history. Republican or Democrat.

Explain how. If you have angry democrats and angry republicans and angry independants, who are they going to vote for in order to boot the incumbents? Please explain how this will work out in reality.

In November, if I'm wrong u2u me and I'll post an apology for my ignorance and my misplaced beliefs in the American people's desire to continue to live with the values that have served us well for more than 200 years.

I do not want an apology. I want to understand how people can insist that the Tea Party is so varied and different and yet still believe that they will all magically vote for the same people in November.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I thought she was quite clear. She's aiming at your heart and you're the one doing the deflecting.

Feeble try.

Then please explain to me where in her post she explained how all these different people who do not agree on a solution will all do the same thing to solve the same problem.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

I'm taking that as a compliment.

You said they had no shared ideology, but they do. I posted what I see as that shared ideology. They don't have to agree on everything to agree on that much. The people in the women's rights movement didn't all agree on the solution, just the problem. The people in the civil rights movement didn't all agree on the solution, just the problem. That's how movements work.

Angry women are all going to find a solution to an angry woman problem. Angry black people are all going to find a solution an angry black people problem. How are angry democrats, republicans, neo-cons, independents, libertarians all going to find ONE SOLUTION to being angry?

Edit: Will they all vote exactly the same way? No, probably not. Unless there is a candidate on the ballot that they all think matches their stance on the issues, of course. Doesn't mean that they'll just vote the incumbent back in either though.

Explain how that is going to work. Run it down for me.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

No where in my post did I come close to using the word angry. I believe I said:

Blah blah blah. I did not say you said angry, did I? I was summarizing.

To answer your question. Yes.

I believe the average American realizes the economic disaster which lies ahead from Congress' out of control spending, can actually see through our "transparent" POTUS, and knows who is really using the race card in this country. I believe most incumbents are history. Republican or Democrat.

Explain how. If you have angry democrats and angry republicans and angry independants, who are they going to vote for in order to boot the incumbents? Please explain how this will work out in reality.

In November, if I'm wrong u2u me and I'll post an apology for my ignorance and my misplaced beliefs in the American people's desire to continue to live with the values that have served us well for more than 200 years.

I do not want an apology. I want to understand how people can insist that the Tea Party is so varied and different and yet still believe that they will all magically vote for the same people in November.

If Obama runs in 2012, Americans could vote for his opponent for a thousand different reasons. 70% of Americans do not like the direction the country is headed. Do you think they will vote for BO again? It will be Bush in 2008 again, only worse. Ima gonna sit back anda watch!!

A California howdy for your blah blah blah! A little respect in return for yours.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Oldnslo]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
This video makes it look like it's the media being racist - as this group of individuals from the Tea Party doesn't fit their carefully planned and executed propaganda campaign against the Tea Party

What surprises me most is how utterly unaware they are of this irony. It reminds me of Maddow on the Leno show the other night, when she accused "the right" of "scaring white people" to get votes. Thats a pretty bold accusation coming from a woman and a network that have done nothing but lob accusations of racism for 2 years, in order to scare brown people in to voting Democrat in November. Is she really unaware that shes been doing this, or is she just being unapologetically hypocritical?

I mean, MSNBC edited footage of a black man with a gun, so they could claim it was a racist white guy. These people are the undisputed leaders in racial division!

It's an interesting thought and I think about it a lot. These people are usually reasonably intelligent while there are obvious exceptions. I mean they know history and have some book smarts, but they get so caught up in the day-to-day drama that the big picture just WHOOOOSH goes right over their heads. I have friends, family, and coworkers like this. I never talk about anything because it just falls on deaf ears or gets me weird looks. How can you really converse with people that think their brand of MSM is the true and fair one? Call me lazy but I don't have the energy, and no one wants to hear it anyway.

As for the video, great stuff and looks like another extension of the real Tea Party movement. Can I ask that, when stories like this come up, we try to give these guys some publicity? The media pretty much accomplished the goal in that short video where I don't know who they are and didn't receive any information on their candidates. THAT is the point folks. The reporters probably didn't mean to do it, but that's how it works out and that comes from the top of the MSM on down to the local level.

I think the following has information on some of the people involved :

newsblaze.com...

FEATURED SPEAKERS & ORGANIZATIONS INCLUDE:

Ambassador Alan Keyes - Chairman of Conservative Majority PAC
Star Parker - President, Center for Urban Renewal and Education
Niger Innis - National Spokesman Congress of Racial Equality. Co-Chairman Affordable Power Alliance.
Herman Cain - Radio Talk Show Host, "The Herman Cain Show", News Talk 750 WSB
Lloyd Marcus - Tea Party Express/ NAACPC, author of Confessions of a Black Conservative
Kevin Jackson - author of Amazon best-selling book, The BIG Black Lie, President of the Black Conservative Coalition and The Black Sphere, LLC
Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson - Founder and President of BOND Action
Ted Hayes-NABS (National America's Black Shield)
William & Selena Owens - Higher Standard Publishers
Mychal S. Massie - Chairman Project 21; The Nation Leadership Network of Black Conservatives
Frantz Kebreau - National Director, NAACPC (National Assoc. For the Advancement of Conservative People of ALL Colors)
Timothy F. Johnson, Ph.D. -The Frederick Douglass Foundation
Ron Miller - president of Regular Folks United and author of "SELLOUT: Musings from Uncle Tom's Porch"
C. Mason Weaver - President Mason Media Company Author of "It's Ok to Leave the Plantation/Motivational Speaker
Emery W. McClendon Dr. - Amateur Radio Military Appreciation Day
Ruth Bryant White - Editor In Chief of BreakingNewsJournal.Net, Leader on Conservative Moms For America and author of "Life Through The Eyes Of An Interracial Couple"
John Felix - President/CEO/founder of the Caribbean-American Cultural Association, Inc. of North America
Bob Parks - Member, National Advisory Council, Project 21; Video Producer, Media Research Center
Bishop Harry Jackson - Pastor of Hope Christian Church and Chairman of the High Impact Leadership Coalition

I'm only aware of Alan Keyes and I've liked him for some time. Let me ask, who is the guy in the video that speaks second at the podium? Think I saw him in some of his videos he makes, wasn't 100% sure about some of his points but I liked where his head was at.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by TheFinalTruth14]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

If Obama runs in 2012, Americans could vote for his opponent for a thousand different reasons. 70% of Americans do not like the direction the country is headed. Do you think they will vote for BO again? It will be Bush in 2008 again, only worse. Ima gonna sit back anda watch!!

Who are they going to vote for? I am not sure you understand how elections work.

A California howdy for your blah blah blah! A little respect in return for yours.

Did it hurt?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I thought she was quite clear. She's aiming at your heart and you're the one doing the deflecting.

Feeble try.

Then please explain to me where in her post she explained how all these different people who do not agree on a solution will all do the same thing to solve the same problem.

I don't need to explain Jack Diddlely to you with your blah blah blah comment to me. Besides, she's doing just fine and I agree with her assessment of the situation, some of which I also posted above.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Who are they going to vote for? I am not sure you understand how elections work.

Been voting since 1968, I think I know how it's suppose to work.

Don't have a clue right now who I'll vote for, but it sure won't be BO. Absolutely, positively, not a chance.

Did it hurt?

Lowering myself to your level bothered me a bit, but it was worth it. Sometimes that's the only thing some people understand.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Angry women are all going to find a solution to an angry woman problem. Angry black people are all going to find a solution an angry black people problem. How are angry democrats, republicans, neo-cons, independents, libertarians all going to find ONE SOLUTION to being angry?

It wasn't just angry women and angry black people in the women's rights and civil rights movements. To play it off as though that's all they were is rather disingenuous, don't you think?

I've said twice that they don't have to agree on the solution to agree on the problem. Having a shared ideology has nothing to do with agreeing on a single solution.

Explain how that is going to work. Run it down for me.

I'm not a psychic. I can't tell you what will happen in November no more than I can tell you what will happen five minutes from now. If there are strong enough candidates who run on a platform that most tea party supporters agree with, regardless of party affiliation, then those candidates will likely win. If there aren't any such candidates, your guess is as good as mine. My hope is that people don't forget what they've been talking about for the last year and that they don't just vote for the name they recognize instead of the person who they actually think will fix things.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Angry, angry, angry. Geez You work for MSNBC? Your routine is getting tiring.

Why do you continue to say were angry. Could it be folks are just plain feed up and want some more "Hope and Change" of a different variety. Can't you understand that.

People understand that you cannot spend your way out of debt, borrow trillions from our grand kids, and lie directly to our faces about the reasons why. And you want to support that? Why don't you explain it to us angry voters.

Is it the fact that unhappy voters are an extremely loose confederation the TPTB can't attack that's driving them to these extremes. I think it working pretty good the way it is. So far they're losing the only game in town - name calling.

Well, just keep talking about the angry this and angry that and folks WILL start getting angry and then it will backfire on you big time.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I don't need to explain Jack Diddlely to you with your blah blah blah comment to me. Besides, she's doing just fine and I agree with her assessment of the situation, some of which I also posted above.

If you do not need to explain anything then why did you butt in? Oh, yeah, because you were mistaken. I asked a specific question which was NOT answered in that post. If you have nothing to add, please refrain from bothering.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Been voting since 1968, I think I know how it's suppose to work.

Apparently not. You keep talking about voting against something. That is never how it has worked. Ask Nader supporters how voting AGAINST someone works.

Don't have a clue right now who I'll vote for, but it sure won't be BO. Absolutely, positively, not a chance.

Of course not. It will be one of the many many many many other good choices. Just like the last election. You could have voted against BO and voted for expansion of the wars, extension of tax cuts for the rich, poor fiscal decision, more military intervention, bigger government, etc. McCain embodies all the things the Tea Party wants, right?

Lowering myself to your level bothered me a bit, but it was worth it. Sometimes that's the only thing some people understand.

Seriously? Wow. So very sorry you took offense to "blah blah blah." Would you have been less offended by "yadda yadda yadda?" Let me sincerely apologize for being so offensive.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by undo

Exactly, but like I have said in previous threads like this one, the leaders in the Tea Party movement need to recognize these racist elements and eliminate them from their political message. It seems like every thread on this topic attempts to dismiss the racist element or show that there are black people within the moment. This is equal to the, "I have black friends" statement.

This is a political message and they need to eliminate the racist element. The leaders of the Tea Party need to recognize the racist element of the group and alienate them from their group. It's not alright in today's world and needs to be addressed.

I'll say that I used to be a fan of the Tea Party until it got hijacked by the Republicans and crapped on by the MSM.

But let me answer your question from a legit Tea Party point of view.

Why don't the Tea Party "leaders" denounce the racist people in their group and kick them out?

The Tea Party is a group of ANY and EVERY person interested that wants to limit the federal government, at heart. Ever heard the saying "I disagree with your point of view but I will fight to defend your right to say it."? Are we turning that off now? It is a person's right to be racist if he/she wants to, as long as they don't have a victim.

The government shouldn't be about gay rights and marijuana regulation. The government should uphold our rights as individuals to true freedom and liberty.

As of now, The Tea Party probably has the same percentage of racist people that you would see in any random sampling of groups of people. It is what it is. Can we talk about politics now?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

It wasn't just angry women and angry black people in the women's rights and civil rights movements. To play it off as though that's all they were is rather disingenuous, don't you think?

OK, fair enough. Let me put it this way.

All the people fighting for the rights of black people wanted - rights for black people.
All the people fighting for the rights of women wanted - rights for women
All the people you are talking about all want different government - government. So do they all want the same solutions to issues of abortion, gay marriage, defense, foreign interference, diplomacy, etc. Government is a pretty broad issue, don't ya think?

I've said twice that they don't have to agree on the solution to agree on the problem. Having a shared ideology has nothing to do with agreeing on a single solution.

I never questioned the idea that they do not have to agree on a solution to agree on a problem. I am asking how the hell they plan to do anything about it without agreeing to a solution. Are they all going to vote for the Republican nominee in 2012? If not, then what?

I'm not a psychic. I can't tell you what will happen in November no more than I can tell you what will happen five minutes from now. If there are strong enough candidates who run on a platform that most tea party supporters agree with, regardless of party affiliation, then those candidates will likely win. If there aren't any such candidates, your guess is as good as mine. My hope is that people don't forget what they've been talking about for the last year and that they don't just vote for the name they recognize instead of the person who they actually think will fix things.

It seems like you are going out of your way to miss my very simple question and I am guessing this must be because the reality of the answer is to abhorrent for people who insist the Tea Party represents everyone to admit even to themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

All the people you are talking about all want different government - government. So do they all want the same solutions to issues of abortion, gay marriage, defense, foreign interference, diplomacy, etc. Government is a pretty broad issue, don't ya think?

No, not all of them. I thought I said it already, but apparently not. They don't have to agree on the solution to agree on the problem and be considered a movement. And yeah government is a pretty broad issue. The one thing I've seen consistently from the tea parties (not the rally speakers, the actual people) is that they pretty much all agree that the government has gotten too large and that spending is out of control. They pretty much all agree that the current members of Congress are part of the problem. Narrows it down quite a bit don't you think?

I never questioned the idea that they do not have to agree on a solution to agree on a problem. I am asking how the hell they plan to do anything about it without agreeing to a solution. Are they all going to vote for the Republican nominee in 2012? If not, then what?

Ah, so I did say it already. I thought so. I also thought I answered this question already. Will they all vote for the Republican? I doubt it. Will they all vote for the Democrat? I doubt it. Will they all get the solution they're hoping for? I doubt it. Just as some people were disappointed that the women's rights or civil rights movements didn't go farther then they did, and some thought they went too far, the same will happen with this. That's the way of movements.

Some will think more could have happened. Some will think less should have happened. And some will be perfectly content with the way it turns out. What that outcome will be is something we'll just have to wait for. No one knows at this point how it will turn out in November. Asking one person what millions of people across the country will do three months from now makes about as much sense as asking a sidewalk prophet when the world's going to end. Neither knows for sure, and if they claim they know the exact answer to your question they're lying.

Which would you prefer? The answer I can give you, or a lie? I hate lies, and I'm not very good at it. But just for you I'll try if you'd prefer I just make something up.

It seems like you are going out of your way to miss my very simple question and I am guessing this must be because the reality of the answer is to abhorrent for people who insist the Tea Party represents everyone to admit even to themselves.

I've answered your question repeatedly, it's just not the answer you wanted. I can't tell you what's going to happen in November until it's over. Ask me again in December. In the mean time, don't pretend I haven't given you an answer when I have.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
And I referred to you in the past month, not the past year, once again to make it clear.

Because you like to discount anything that doesn't prove your point,

That Iv seen members for the most part from the tea party bring up the issue of race in the past month? Here, let me bring back my comment up for you:

this is the what? 5th thread Iv seen from a tea party conservative member on this forum bring up race and racism in this past month

The tea party members have had just a role to play in this whole racial issue in particular on this forum as the non-tea party members have.

and only time frames that make it appear as though you're right count.

Yes, because two wrongs make a right? correct? We will just discount the intigators from the tea parties of the past month and focus on how horrible people were last year. That works out the issue for you? It certainly does not solve this problem of race in my eyes. If you have instigators from both groups, you'd hold them both accountable at first.

Absolutely incorrect.

No its not incorrect, and once again I was referring to the escalation of racial tension in the past month. The vast majority of threads regarding race recently revolved around the NAACP, the black panthers and Mark Willaims. Issues that were triggered from the right wing and the tea parties first.

Nope. I get easily irritated when the same nonsense gets spouted over and over again

And yet part of the nonsense is being spewed out by people in your movement just as people from the NAACP, the black panthers and the left. It does not help only defending the tea parties as if they are innocent and that these insults were just thrown randomly that way.

You act like it went away until recently. It didn't.

No it didn't but it certainly was not this vocal in a while until it was revived once again. Race all of sudden popped right back into the media airways following the revival of the black panther incident in 08'.

Hallelujah, you admit that it's not the tea parties who've been bringing it up for over a year.

the tea parties had just as much of a part in inciting racial tension for the last month and they had to part to play in bringing about all these racial issues over the last year. Not all tea party members are racist, but there have been tea party groups and individuals who have been assisting in inciting racial tension in the name of the movement.

No, they're not. But they are the only ones not allowed to defend themselves against the accusations.

Nobody ever said the tea parties could not defend themselves against these accusations. Really now.

If the tea parties intend to go around pointing fingers and accusing other groups and individuals of causing all sorts of things, it should be expected they would get that right back.

Yes well they don't have to since they have thousands of followers who do it for them on a daily basis,

And tea parties don't have thousands of followers who do it for them on a daily basis? How many members have defended the tea parties on this forum alone or set it straight?

especially here.

And I disagree completely. Go back to the racism charged threads, go to the threads posted by non-members and you will see for yourself how much support they gain in those threads and how many tea party members there are.

In case you missed it, there's been some controversy over whether the voter intimidation case was mishandled. That is why it was brought back up. Not because the tea party supporters were pointing fingers again.

They were pointing fingers again. That incident was investigated and found that no voters were intimidated on that day, insufficient evidence was found that these two individuals made a difference to anything for voting and then the case was closed down by the Bush adminstration. That article you posted me highlights my point again:

A 2008 voter-intimidation case has become a political controversy for the Obama administration as conservative lawyers, politicians and commentators raise concerns that the Department of Justice has failed to protect the civil rights of white voters.

Because white people may have been intimidated because the black panthers were racist right? That is how it started. The black panther incident was revived because conservative groups and the tea parties decided to make it a civil rights issue, in particular for white voters considering that the black panthers were a racist organization. That was when the black panthers decided to declare their little insignificant race war on the tea parties. I saw absolutely no point in this case being revived in the first place other than to score attention again.

Completely off-topic and irrelevant.

Its right on topic and relevant to your previous post. You had been insisting that tea party members and conservatives were innocent in bringing up this racial issue in particular on this forum hence you references to the thr eads for the past year. I just proved you wrong by refering to the OP as an example. Many members on this forum alone who are part of the tea parties or who side with them have posted these race baiting threads up in just the same manner.

You continue to play out as if the tea parties and tea party members are innocent, they are not. The instigators are from both sides and the sooner you admit that, the sooner you can set this movement of your straight.

Would I rather be discussing government spending? Definitely. I could write a book on that. Would it make a difference what topic you and I were discussing? Not really,

It would make the topic of race irrelevent as neither of us are racists.

See that bolded part that you cut out of the quote when you responded? I clearly said a thread can start off fine and clearly didn't say that you called the tea parties racist.

You said it happened in the first page of my thead, which it did not. You jumped the gun and decided to make race an issue and used my thread an example when no mention of race was made in my latest thread.

This particular quote I do agree with you on. Some tea party supporters are racist. I have readily admitted that in the past, and am doing so again. Every large group of people is going to have racists in it, whether they're a tea party, the NAACP, or a church group. The problem is the entire movement gets painted as racists because of the actions of a few.

The NAACP in its entirety were referred to as racists, as were all the members of that group lumped in. I know some NAACP members and while I fail to see much point to the NAACP, they are fine folks, just like there are fine folks in the Tea Parties. This entire race baiting matter has been instigated by individuals in both movements or groups involved. Its unnecessary and the sooner we hold all sides accountable, the sooner we can move on from this. In particular it did not help the tea parties bring up the black panther issue as some racial civil rights matter, and how racist the black panthers were. It was a case from the past that was closed.

Then if you dare defend against the accusation you're accused of bringing it up as if the accusations aren't still being flung around.

"You're a racist!!"
"No, I'm not."

I believe you Jenna. It happens both sides in my opinion and it is rather childish I admit. I sometimes wonder whether such irrelevent issues are brought up to distract rather that solve anything.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
First please let me say, that in no way do endorse anyone of the political parties involved, nor do I stand behind any form of MSM.

But I do have some views of the video from the OP. This was the most offensive thing I've ever seen. This video had nothing to do with "Tea", "Parties", or "movements", save the movement of my bowels. In no way was this a black tea party movement. This is more like a tea gathering. It would have been more relevant if they would have called a press conference with all the members sitting down drinking tea in a gathering. This was the most staged press conference that I've seen in... I don't know how long. But they made sure the "gang" was all there.

We had the "southern lady" in the giant hat.

We had the guy who wants to look like he's important, but doesn't want to wear a tie.

We got the guy who has his hat turned, and a glass of crystall in his hand.

We got the guy with the cowboy hat.

We got the light skinned "black lady".

And last but not least, the guy who is hiding behind the flag, and doesn't come out until, someone asked: who's running for political office.

First off, as a black man, I would hope that white people that think this way, understand that this IS NOT the spoken word of all black people, that these people in NO WAY endorse the thoughts of most black Americans, nor does it put a band-aid on the obvious open wound called racism.

I for one am not affiliated with the NAACP, but the person that is now a so-called "hero" for some, was a member of the "Beverly Hills" chapter. To me, this was a cartoon version of what a secretly racist white cartoonist would draw to make people who are truly racist feel better.

Now if this was in Harlem, or Chicago, then maybe it would have been more relevant. If those people wanted to show that there were black people with the Tea Party Movement, maybe they could have shown people that really want to deal with the political problems that face us all, and not concentrate on this nonsense that is only reassuring white people that racism is only in the minds of black people.

The reason I've brought out the relevance of appearance, is because that is the first thing you see in a press conference. Everyone here is a different representation of every stereotype in the black spectrum.

The reason this isn't covered in MSM is because, the real black people would have noticed the tent, the cotton candy, and finally the Clowns. We've all been to the Circus.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Illumin Not I

but black people are in all walks of life now. there are many black millionaires and even billionaires in the usa alone. the standard of living has gone up for all those except in the inner cities and i dare say, all races in slums have the same problems. it's not limited to black people. it's time to quit looking at this situation as a black vs. white issue, it just isn't! it hasn't been for awhile now but someone keeps pointing at crap that happened nearly a generation ago as if it were happening right now this very minute! it's pissin' people off.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

We got the light skinned "black lady".

what the hell? just what the HELL?
who the flip cares if she's light skinned black, red black, yellow black, black black, purple black!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You are so insistent on making as if the tea parties are somehow innocent in this entire race baiting issue.

Nope. I insist that the entire picture be looked at and not just the sliver of time you choose.

Yes, because two wrongs make a right? correct? We will just discount the intigators from the tea parties of this month and focus on how horrible people were last year. That works out the issue for you? It certainly does not solve your problem in having to defend this movement constantly.

Again, nope. Though it seems to work this way for you. What was it you said?

The tea parties called the black panthers racist along with the NAACP, both groups responded right back by calling the tea parties racist. The tea parties then had a major part in bring about the Sharrod case as proof that the NAACP was racist, and they responded vice versa. The tea parties bring it upon themselves to be called all sorts of things, including being racist.

Of course you left out the part where they were called racist by the media the moment they dared to actually gather anywhere. Apparently it's ok by you if they get called racist, they just shouldn't defend against it. The more you post in this thread, the more apparent that becomes.

The vast majority of threads regarding race recently revolved around the NAACP, the black panthers and Mark Willaims. Issues that were triggered from the tea parties first.

Wait... The tea parties caused the Black Panther members to stand outside a voting station? With a nightstick? Really?

Speaking of which, here's another link for you about that incident and why it was brought up again. Here, I'll even quote for you:

Source
When none of the defendants filed any response to the complaint or appeared in federal district court in Philadelphia to answer the suit, it appeared almost certain Justice would have prevailed by default. Instead, the department in May suddenly allowed the party and two of the three defendants to walk away. Against the third defendant, Minister King Samir Shabazz, it sought only an injunction barring him from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling place for the next three years—action that's already illegal under existing law.

Then the Washington Times reported on July 30 that six career lawyers at Justice who had recommended continuing to pursue the case were overruled by Associate Attorney General Thomas Perrelli—a top administration political appointee.

None of the defendants showed up, the Justice department would have won the suit by default since not showing up is usually a judgment against you, yet they dropped it anyway except to get an injunction for something that's already illegal. After six career lawyers recommended continuing the case, no less. Mishandled much? But no, it's somehow the tea parties fault.

You are so bent over insisting the tea parties are innocent and that these insults were just thrown randomly that way.

Nope. Sure do like to accuse me of things though, don't you? Go back and read my posts again. I clearly said that there are some racists in the tea parties just like there are in the NAACP and churches. That doesn't make the entire movement racist as some would like people to believe.

People like you, while you may not be one of the instigators, continue to defend the tea parties of any responsibility, instead of setting your movement straight and sticking to the real issues.

See above.

Nobody ever said the tea parties could not defend themselves against these accusations.

Yet you came into the thread complaining because it was defending against those accusations. That's all you've done so far in this thread. Complain because people are defending against the accusations of racism telling them if they're not racist then they shouldn't bring it up, yet saying it's ok if people call them racist.

And tea parties don't have thousands of followers who do it for them on a daily basis?

The difference being that the tea party supporters have to defend themselves. Obama has millions of people defending him and doesn't have to say a word.

That incident was investigated and found that no voters were intimidated on that day, insufficient evidence was found that these two individuals made a difference to anything for voting and then the case was closed down by the Bush adminstration.

So much insufficient evidence that six of their career lawyers recommended continuing their pursuit of the case. Now tell me, why would six career lawyers recommend they pursue the case if there wasn't anything to pursue? Not just one out to make a name for himself. Six.

I saw absolutely no point in this case being revived in the first place other than to score attention again.

If it was mishandled then it absolutely should be looked into. Whether you agree or not, mishandling of legal cases isn't some minor issue that should be swept under the rug rather than deal with an unpleasant topic.

Many members on this forum alone who are part of the tea parties or who side with them have posted these race baiting threads up in just the same manner.

Just as many members on this forum who disagree (or hate, there's a lot of hate) the tea parties post calling the entire movement racist. Only difference is, they get passed off as just an occasional occurrence.

The instigators are from both sides and the sooner you admit that, the sooner you can set this movement of your straight.

Haven't been reading my posts I take it. Already did that several posts ago, not to mention in many other threads over the last year. Try to catch up.

You said it happened in the first page of my thead, which it did not. You jumped the gun and decided to make race an issue and used my thread an example when no mention of race was made in my latest thread.

He didn't use the word racist. You are right about that, and yes I take back that particular comment. What was actually said was:

brainwashed fans of the Moron Kings such as King Beck and King Rush and Your Majesty of Truth the Fox Klan

Klan? Only 'Klan' I've ever heard of is the KKK. Not really difficult to understand what he was getting at.

Its unnecessary and the sooner we hold all sides accountable, the sooner we can move on from this.

Then do it. Hold both sides accountable instead of giving one a free pass just because you agree with them. I'd love to not see threads about racism anymore, whether it's in tea party threads or not.

I sometimes wonder whether such irrelevent issues are brought up to distract rather that solve anything.

I'd imagine so. Over 7000 characters on this post alone and I don't feel like I've solved anything. I could've written several books by now were it not for all the crap accusations that I have a hard time not responding to.

Edit: Fixed the quote that got cropped in the middle.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Jenna]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join